Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Six, Chapter Twenty-Four: I Own You ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Mikhael-

I can't take this anymore. She doesn't own me. I don't care who her dad is. I am a person! I have rights and feelings! She can't just boss me around. I didn't want to be here and I don't care if her dad is dying or not. That's not my problem!

I growled as I wanted to scream.

“Something wrong?” someone asked behind. I whipped around Valentina stood frowning at me.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“Don't zone out on me,” she said. I blinked at her.

“What were we talking about again?” I asked. Valentina groaned and rolled her eyes.

“Seriously? How can you be so stupid?” she asked. My left eye started to twitch.

“I'm not stupid,” I said.

“What did you say?” she asked. I stiffened up.

“Why do you hate me?” I asked. “Did I piss you off somehow?” Valentina glared at me. Don't back down.

“No,” she said. I frowned.

“Then… Why?” I asked. She sat back and huffed.

“I don't like you,” she said. Yeah, I can see that.

“Why though?” I asked. I think she wants to kill me.

“I don't have to give you a reason!” Valentina snapped. Her frost-painted nails looked like claws. That's all she does. She bossed me around. I don't think she's used my name once. It doesn't help that she talks down to me as well. Mom's no help.

“Just hold out a little longer,” she said. I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I'm not part of the mafia and I don't want to be.

“Look, I don't want this either,” I said. “I'm sorry we're in this situation. But don't take it out on me.”

“Shut up,” Valentina hissed. I stared at her. She dared me to move. Why should I have to play along with her game?

“Now listen here!” I shouted. “You can't just boss me around! I am a person! We're supposed to be getting married! We're supposed to go into a partnership! That's what a marriage is!” She threw back her head and laughed.

“You and me? Partners?” she asked. Valentin's face turned cold. I backed up as she leaned forward.

“Let me tell you something,” she said. “You and I will never be equal! I don't like you! I will never like you.” Valentina grabbed me by the shirt. The glare in her eyes made me feel so small. I wanted to turn around and run. When did she have such a strong grip?

“I own you,” Valentina said. “You will do everything I say. You get no say in this. I can make your life hell if I want. Never forget that. I'm the boss here, got it?” How dare she! I am not her slave! She doesn't own me! I am not a possession! I can't let her do this to me! I'm Kvasha Mikhael, damn it! I am a man!

“No,” I said. Valentina's face was red with rage. I think she wanted to slam my head against the desk. Uh on. I think I kicked the hornet's nest too many times. Too late to take it all back now. I could already see the gears turning in her head for revenge.

I Own You