Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Seven, Chapter Twenty-Five: Bugs ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-3:00 a.m.-

Twenty-eight cameras. All filming. All recording. Somebody is looking for someone. Or something. The residents of the Popova House have yet to notice. But how long will that last?

-7:00 a.m.-

The house is waking up. Nikita sleeps in more often these days. It's sad to see him like this. He was once a powerful lion. Look at him now. Cancer is a mother…

Hm? What is this?

Valentina walked into the room. Here's the mob princess. She's next in line. Valentina walked into the kitchen.

The morning didn't have much to offer. Everyone went about their normal day. Mikhael still looked sour. Hm… He could be of some good use. Keep that in mind.

-8:30 a.m.-

Not much here. Business as usual.

-8:45 a.m.-

Two men walk into the living room. They sit down on the couch and talk. Ooo! Let's hear what they are saying.

“They still hate each other.”

“Good!”

“So what's the next move?”

The man looked around for a moment. He leaned in to whisper. Darn it! I can't hear anything. Wait… What did he say? Something about making him an offer he can't refuse? Nah! That can't be.

-10:00 a.m.-

Not much to see here, folks. Just people going in and out. Nothing surprising.

-12:00 p.m.-

Same as before. Not much going on.

-3:00 p.m.-

A maid walked into the living room. She set down her bucket. She started up the vacuum cleaner. Okay… Is she going to do something?

Vacuum, polishing, and dusting. Come on. Do something.

The maid started dusting around the TV area. But then she paused. She looked right at the camera.

Oh…

The maid turned and ran out of the room. Uh oh. It didn't take long for them all to notice. Valentina tapped the bug. Now they knew. Damn it. I knew I should've set up the bugs myself.

The rest of the evening was spent sweeping for bugs. Okay, time for Plan B.

Bugs