Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Nine, Chapter Thirty-Three: Mouse ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She was the one who found them. It wasn't too hard either. Dee-Dee had her connections and resources. She knew how to use them well. She walked up to the front door of the Popova House and knocked. Dee-Dee stood back and waited. The door creaked open.

“Yes?” the butler asked.

“Good morning. I have business with Ms. Popova this morning,” the woman said. The butler narrowed his eyes.

“Um… Who are--?” he began to ask.

“It's Venta,” she said. “Dee-Dee Venta.” There was a pause.

“Hold on,” the butler said. He went back into the house. Dee-Dee took out her phone. She had just gotten a new message.

“Heh. Just in time,” she said to herself. Dee-Dee turned when the door opened. Valentina stood in the doorway. The other woman smiled.

“Valentina, I take it?” she asked. The mob princess stared her down.

“Who's asking?” she asked. Dee-Dee put her hands on her hips.

“Dee-Dee Mouse Venta,” she said. Valentina stared at her for a few seconds.

“Oh!” she said. Dee-Dee grinned.

“At your service!” she said. Valentina stepped back

“Come right in,” she said. Mouse followed her into the house. She closed the door behind her.

--------

-Mikhael-

Okay, who is this? I spotted Valentina leading a black woman our age to her office. I stopped in my tracks. I could only see the woman from the back. Her curly black ponytail swayed from side to side. She…

I cleared my throat.

She has a nice butt. There! There I said it! But that's not the point. Who the hell is she? I followed behind them. By the time I made it to Valentina's office, the door swung closed. I cursed myself. Damn it. But I couldn't turn back. I pressed my ear against the door.

Valentina did most of the talking. More business talk. Of course. Why was I not surprised? Then the other woman spoke. I froze.

Her voice. Her smoky alto tone made me shiver. She sounded so proper. I think she's American. Maybe the South. So… Why do I feel so uneasy?

--------

Valentina sat at her desk and grinned.

“Happy to be working with you, Mouse,” she said. Dee-Dee smirked back.

“Same to you too, Valentina,” she said. The women shook hands. Mouse smirked the whole time. Good, she had her foot inside the Solshska. Now, she can really get to work.

Mouse