Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Eight, Chapter Thirty-Two: War! ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Mikhael-

How did I get pulled into this? I wanted no part of this. Nope! I don't want to die. I have to get out of here.

It all started with gunshots. That's right, gunshots. Gunshots at a child's birthday party. Yeah, you read that right. A child's birthday party. Happened the same day I met Sonya.

Now I wasn't there when it happened. I got the story secondhand. Here's what happened.

The Lanconi family was celebrating a granddaughter's birthday. Her sixth, I believe. To make a long story short, they were having a party when someone opened fire on the crowd. Two men died and twelve were injured. The birthday girl was grazed on her arm. Other than that, she's fine. However, there's a problem now.

They think the Solshska did it. We only found out on the news. (“We”. Heh? Why did I say that?) At first, they did nothing. We had other things on our minds. Like, oh say, a…

I winced as I thought about it.

Wedding to plan. I tried not to vomit. The point is, we didn't see it coming.

That was until the next day.

We woke up to a scream. I sat up in bed. Huh? What was that? I climbed out of bed for a look.

We all found Sonya at the front door. She backed up, trembling.

“Sonya, what's wrong? What happened?” Boris asked. She couldn't speak. Instead, she pointed to the welcome mat. We took a look. It was a bloody and dead rat. The guts were ripped out and scattered everywhere.

Now, there are talks of war. I did not sign up for this! They forced me into this engagement. That's it! I can't do this! I'm out of here! I'm getting my mom somehow and we're going somewhere far, far away.

However, circumstances will force me to stay. And it will get worse from here.

War!