Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Nine, Chapter Thirty-Six: Russian Blossoms ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Comfort is a strange thing. Grief clouds judgment. Valentina is learning that the hard way. It started with a single phone call.

“Hello?” Valentina asked on the morning of the funeral. She sat up straight in bed.

“Vicktor?” she asked. Her heart jumped in her chest.

“I'm sorry about your dad,” he said. She tried not to cry.

“I miss him so much!” she wailed. Vicktor gently shushed her.

“It's okay. It's okay,” he whispered. “It's okay.” Valentina wiped away her tears.

“I'm coming over today,” her ex said. Valentina froze.

“No… No, it's okay,” she said. “You don't have to…”

“No, it's fine,” Vicktor said.

“But…”

“It's fine.”

She closed her mouth. Valentina closed her eyes. “Okay.”

“I'm here for you,” Vicktor said.

“Can you stay on the phone with me?” Valentina asked.

“Of course,” Vicktor said. His ex opened her eyes.

“Thank you,” she said.

----------

Boris doesn't trust him. The doorbell rang.

“I've got it!” the butler shouted. Boris walked to the front door. He frowned as the butler said, “Oh…”

“What the…?” Boris asked. He walked over and closed. Vicktor stood at the doorway.

“Hello Dzon,” he said in a low voice. Boris came up next to the butler.

“What are you doing here?” he growled in a low voice.

“I'm here for Valentina,” Vicktor said. Boris frowned.

“Please leave,” he said. Boris said. The mob prince shook his head.

“She wants me here,” he said.

“Please leave,” Boris said again.

“I cannot do that,” Vicktor said. The older gangster was about to speak.

“Vicktor?” a voice asked. Everyone looked up. Valentina walked down the stairs. She was dressed in a black dress and veil. Her ex tried to go inside.

“Valentina,” he said. Boris pushed him back.

“Let him in,” the new boss said.

“Valentina,” he said.

“Let him in,” she said again. Boris and Dzon moved away.

“Thank you,” Vicktor said. He walked inside. Boris sneered to himself.

“Zmeya.”

The butler closed the door.

----------

The boss is dead. There is going to be a shake-up. Valentina will wed and take over the Solashka. Some of her men are ready to dispose of her. Mikhael has to act fast to save her. But what will happen afterward? Will he stay or leave? Would she let him get divorced? Or would she make him stay married? And what about Ruri and Akiko? What should he do with them?

Whatever he does, he has to do it fast. The wedding is in a week and a half.

Russian Blossoms