Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Ten, Chapter Thirty-Seven: The Rats Gather ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Is it wrong to try and kill the new boss on the day of her father's funeral? Some of the Solshska dogs think so. But they were still going to do it. The funeral was at noon. Valentina, Mikhael, and Vicktor, Boris, and Sonya were riding in one car. Best to get the new boss alone. But did it have to be today?

Yes.

Some of the men were already in the cellar. How much time is left?

One thug looked at his watch.

“Five more hours,” he said. They are itching for blood. How will they do it? A gun? Poison? A knife? A gun sounded like the best option. They would have to get in close.

“I'll do it,” a nineteen-year-old rat said. All eyes fell on him.

“I'm faster and she's barely noticed me,” he said. “I'm perfect for this.”

“Fine,” the leader said. The young rat bowed his head.

“Thank you,” he said. The plan fell into line from there.

But what of Mikhael? Ah yes. Him. And his mother. Her too. What to do with them? Killing them was out of the question. They didn't need more bodies. Not today of all days.

“At the burial, right?” the would-be assassin asked.

“Correct,” the leader said. Meanwhile, the rats planned what to do with Mikhael and Ruriko. Maybe send them away? That could work. Pay them off and send them away. Simple, right? They would have to get them to play along.

---------

Noon.

The main car pulled up into the church parking lot. Valentina got out first. Mikhael, Vicktor, and Sonya followed behind. Boris came out last. His phone rang. The younger quartet turned their heads. Boris held up his hand.

“Go on ahead,” he said. “I'll take this. I'll catch up.” They didn't speak as they walked into the church. Boris watched them go through the doors. He pulled out his phone.

“Yeah?” he asked. “Are they on the move? Good. We will be ready.” Boris had his gun by his side.

“See me in ten minutes,” he said. Boris hung up and went into the church.

May the battle for survival begin.

The Rats Gather