Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Ten, Chapter Thirty-Nine: Bargain Promise ( Chapter 39 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Present Day-

It's weird to see Valentina crying like this. She wiped away her tears. Mikhael didn't know what to make of this. It kind of scared him. They all sat in the front row. Mikhael didn't know how to handle her. It didn't help that her assassins could be here at the church. Boris talked to him last night.

“Be on your guard,” he said. “Stay by her side.” Mikhael had to. It didn't seem right not to. Sonya rubbed Valentina on the shoulders.

People started to fill into the church. Anyone of them could be the assassins. How would they do it?

He noticed Valentina looking at him. More tears were in her eyes. The boy couldn't look her in the eye.

The church was mostly filled with Russian people. Mikhael couldn't believe it. All of them were here for Nikita.

“Wow,” the boy mouthed.

“Yes,” Boris said behind him. Mikhael froze. The older man sat with a stoic look on his face.

“Stay with her,” he said.

“Yeah, yeah,” Mikhael said. Like he had a choice. It wouldn't be right if he didn't. Valentina was a bitch, but still…

Someone grabbed him by the sleeve. Mikhael glanced to his right. Valentina eyed him with tears in her eyes.

“I need to talk to you,” she whimpered. The boy blinked at her.

“Uh… okay?” he said. She stood up and walked out of the pew. Mikhael followed behind, confused.

---------

They stood in the hallway. Mikhael waited patiently. Valentina sniffled.

“Please…” she pleaded. “Help… me…” The boy stared at her. He opened his mouth.

“Please!” Valentina pleaded. Mikhael pressed his lips together.

“Okay. Okay, I will help you,” he said. The new mob boss sniffled.

“I want to make a deal with you,” she said.

“Huh?” Mikhael asked. Valentina trembled.

“Stay with me for three years,” she said. “After that… After that, you can leave.” Mikhael stared at her. Was he hearing that right? He could go after three years? The boy tried to think of what to say.

“Are… Are you serious?” he asked. Valentin nodded once. Mikhael looked stunned. Was he hearing right? He could go after three years? She wouldn't do something cruel like lie to him at her own father's funeral. Would she?

Valentina held up her hand.

“You don't have to give an answer now,” she said. “Just think about it.” Mikhael drew his mouth closed. Valentina walked by without saying a word. He just stared at her. She sounded so sincere in that moment. He wondered how long that was going to last. He would have to see. Mikhael followed her back to her pew.

Bargain Promise