Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 1, Chapter One: Kurai and Hikari ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kurai and Hikari
*Shizuma*
The sun shone high in the sky. Must have been noon. Bah! What did I care? Noon, night, morning, it was all the same to me. When you've lived for thousands of years, you've seen it all. Anyway, I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep.
*Yuki*
I lived in hell everyday. Everywhere I looked people were out to get me. I wasn't safe. Especially from the other guys in my class. They would use, taunt, and beat me up every chance they had. But what could I do? I felt powerless to stop them. Even the teachers couldn't help me. No one could. I lived in hell. That was until I was seventeen.
I was walking home one night. (Which was rare, for I was more likely to be attacked by them.) I was almost into the city when Zen and two others were standing by the alley. I tried to ignore them. “Hey! Where ya going, sweetheart?” Zen asked sarcastically. I didn't answer; I just kept walking. “I was talking to you retard!” he yelled. I still kept walking. “Hey stupid!” one of his friends yelled. That's when I started running. I heard them chasing after me. “Why can't they just leave me alone?” I thought as I ran.
I was chased into a graveyard. I ran and ran until…. CRASH!!! I fell face down in the dirt. I tried to get up but it was no use. My ankle and wrist were bleeding. Was this the end of me? I shut my eyes. “Oh my Kami!” I thought. “I'm going to die.
*Shizuma*
The sound of violet screams awoke me. I looked down to see three boys beating on this other boy. “Shit!” I thought. “I don't need this!” So I got up from my comfortable branch and teleported down to them.
The big stupid one was going to deliver the final blow when I grabbed him by the wrist. He paused and looked up at me. “Hi pal.” I said. “What do you want punk?” he snapped. “Nothing much,” I said. “Just leave the boy alone.” They laughed at me. “Make us!” the big stupid one replied. I smirked. “As you I wish.” I said.
Our battle began. I threw the big baka violently against a tombstone. I watched him get up in pain. One of his pals charged at me with a knife. I just dodged him with grace. He fell lost. Then I knocked him hard on the back. Once, he fell out, I picked up and sank my fangs into his neck. I drank all his blood until he was ghost pale. When I was done, I dropped him on the ground and eyed his friends. I could sense their fear. “You know,” I said. “I'm still hungry!” They started backing away. I began stepping closer. Their hearts were pounding. Finally, I hissed and they ran off.
I turned to their victim. He just stood there in complete shock. “Ar…. Ar….. Arigato. You…. saved me….” he said. I began walking towards him. Then….
An increasing pain shot through me. I sank to my knees. I needed more blood.
*Yuki*
I rushed over to my savior. “Are you okay?” I asked him. The next thing I knew, he was licking at my bleeding ankle. At first, I was startled. Then a strange pleasure came over me. “Hai!” I thought. “Drink as much as you want!” He drank on.
Moments later, my savior was asleep in my lap. “Sleep well, beautiful stranger.” I whispered to him. Then I drifted off to sleep as well.
Sweet Dreams