Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 2, Chapter Twelve: Kaze Ghost ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kaze Ghost
*Yuki*
I awoke the next morning alone. I let my eyes shift around the room for a while. I saw my lovely demon sitting on the edge of the cot. A rosy feeling flew into my body. “Ohayoo sexy!” I called out. Shizuma didn't respond at all. Right then, I sensed that something was wrong. “Shizuma?” I asked. “Are you okay? What's the matter?”
 
*Shizuma*
I didn't know if I should tell him or not. I don't want to burden him with my problems. But then again…
I slowly turned to my love. He saw that my eyes were red with tears. I noticed that he was sick with worry. I sighed to myself pitifully. Guess I have no choice now. I straightened myself tall. Well, here goes.
“Years ago,” I began as I fought hard to hold it together. This was painful for me. But had to tell him. He loved me that much. “I lived with a humble cat woman,” I went on. “She raised me like her own son. We were happy for years. But then, I turned seventeen. My mother wanted me around forever. So she took me out to the woods and turned me into the very demon you see before you. I was angry at her at first. But over time, I came to enjoy my new powers and strength. Everything became great again.
“But then, reality came in full force.” I trembled at the thought of what came next. I felt Yuki reach out and touch my cold slender arm. I gazed deeply into his deep green eyes. I felt a little relief. “Go on,” he said in a low voice. “You can tell me.” I felt myself begin to cry. “He is such a saint!” I thought happily. Then, I found the strength to continue.
“I was twenty-one at the time,” I started up. “I had come back from fishing, She looked so sick and pale. I became worried for her. `Mother,' I said. `What's wrong?' `Come here, Shizuma-chan,' she said. `We need to talk.' So I complied silently. She then told me she wasn't my real mother. As it turned out, I was found in the Dark Woods.
“I was devastated. I couldn't even bring myself to look at her. I just ran back to my room and cried for the rest of the night.”
I trembled at what came next after that. But I forced myself to go on. “That night marked my fate,” I spoke again. “She and I slept in our futon as usual. But, something in my head woke me from sleep. It was a force telling me to kill her. I tried to resist this evil deed, but it was too powerful. I ended up taking one of my obi and…”
Tears welled up in my eyes. My precious Yuki waited silently. Could I tell him the rest? I had no choice but to do so. I tightly shut my eyes. “…strangled her to death.” I finished. I tried my best to fight back the tears. I could tell Yuki felt sorry for me. I could see it in his eyes. I began trembling again. “After she was dead,” I forced out. “I sat back and cried. I couldn't believe what I had done. I had just killed the one woman I had called my mother for twenty-one years. I ended up burying her in the woods and running away.”
I shook my head bitterly. Great! Now, Yuki's going to be scared of me forever! I just had to tell him. But there was one more thing to get out to him. I swallowed hard as I looked away from my love. “I still have nightmares about it.” I forced out again. I grabbed the sheets tightly. “This is why I avoided you,” I confessed. “I don't want the same thing to happen to you!”
 
*Yuki*
I reached out and lightly touched Shizuma's arm. He looked up quickly at me. I kept smiling at him. “Don't worry, Shizu-kun,” I said strongly. “That won't happen to me!” My lovely demon said nothing. He looked like a lost little child in the snow. (And pretty cute.)
I then got up out of bed and got dressed. Shizuma kept watching me. “Where are you going?” asked he. I turned to him still smiling. “I'm going to bring us back some breakfast,” I called at the door. “Don't go anywhere!” Then, I left the den and slid the door closed behind me.
Carry Your Burdens