Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 2, Chapter Thirteen: Fireflies ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fireflies
*Yuki*
The day went by nicely. Shizuma didn't come out of his room much, but I visited him and brought him his meals throughout the day. He seemed okay to me now. So everything was all green. If I had only known.
I didn't know that the problem had been reopened until later that night. I was bringing my Shizu-kun back a great meal. I knocked on the door as usual. Nothing greeted like normal. “Shizu-kun!” I called out. “I have your dinner out here with me!” I waited for a dew seconds. Nothing came again.
I slowly became worried. Shizu-kun may have not talked since this morning, but he always let me in for meals. Something was seriously wrong here.
I set down the tray on the floor and slid the door open. The den was empty. I felt uneasy really fast. Thousands of thoughts ran through my head. My worry sailed higher and higher. Right the, I knew what I had to do.
I put on some shoes, wrote Asuka a note on where I was going, and quickly walked out the door. The night was clear and calm. My mind wasn't on that. I had to find Shizu-kun. He needed me and I needed him. It was a silent pact we made together. I just had to find my lovely demon.
So far, I had no luck finding my lovely man. Hope was beginning to face away. But then, I froze in my tracks near the local noodle bar. “Calm down, now!” I thought to myself. “You're giving up on him too easily! You know him and he knows you, damnit! Don't give up now!
So I began to place myself in his shoes. This was difficult at first because I had only known him for a couple of months. But then, I began to really concentrate.
Soon, the image came to me! Of course! He grew up in the woods! He probably went there to reminisce about his past. Why didn't I think of that before? My confidence quickly returned. There was only one thing to do now. I ran all the way to the woods.
Hurry to Love