Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 2, Chapter Fourteen: Numb ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Numb
*Yuki*
The woods were cold and dark. I wished I had brought a flashlight now. But I couldn't give up until I found my lovely demon. He needed me. I just couldn't abandon him. After all, he saved me, so I own my life to him.
The ground was wet at my feet. I kept hoping my sandals wouldn't get stuck in the mud. So I took them off, put them in my shorts pocket, and kept walking. My feet felt icky and wet, but I didn't have to worry about losing my sandals now.
I was happy to be walking on spongy dry moss again. Walking in warm water is good but not in the dark! I came to an empty clearing. Wind was gentling blowing through the tall grass. I slowly looked around. Still no Shizuma. I really began to loose hope again. Was my Shizu-kun gone forever? Or was he just a dream?
Then, something caught my eye. It was a lonely firefly. I don't know what it was, but I couldn't take my eyes off of it. “Keep watching!” it seemed to say. Then, the little incest flew away into the clearing. I kept watching the little glowing light. I suddenly had an urge to follow it. So I did in desperation.
We traveled deeper into the woods. The wind had picked with each step. I was about to be knocked down straight to the ground. I forced myself to keep walking. “I have to keep going!” I thought bravely. “Shizuma needs me!” Surprisingly, the center was calm and peaceful. It was as if the wind was banned from this place. I looked around me quickly. My firefly guide had vanished into thin air. But, I didn't seem to care. I was in Nirvana.
Then, I heard sobbing. I looked ahead and saw my lovely demon. He was sitting on the ground huddled up crying. I was deeply moved by him. I slowly stepped closer to my love. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. I felt a deep pity for him.
 
*Shizuma*
I felt stupid for crying like this. I felt stupider for running away. But what could I do? I don't want to burden Yuki with my problems. They are too much for him. He's too innocent for that. So I had to get away.
Yuki stepped closer to me. “Stay back!” I called out. “Shizu-kun…” my love spoke up. “JUST GO AWAY, DAMNIT!!!” I yelled at him. “I WANT TO BE ALONE!!!” But, he didn't. Instead, he just came closer. What the hell is the matter with him? What part of go away did he not understand? Is he deaf or stupid?
My Yuki just sat next to me, wiped away my tears, and lightly kissed me on the lips. I stared at him in silent confusion. What's with this guy? He then gave me a sweet and concerned smile. “You want to talk about it?” Yuki asked in a low voice. I said nothing at first. Then, I slowly nodded. Yuki lightly put his arm around me. I was finally able to grieve freely.
We spent the whole night out in the woods. I slowly felt my sorrows being lifted away. Who is this boy? An angel in disguise? But whatever he is, my Yuki is the medicine for my soul. As we slept in each other's arms in the cool dry grass, I smiled in my sleep at the thought of being with my saint and angel in my time of need. I had finally had some light in my life.
Walking in the Light