Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 4, Chapter Twenty-Seven: Break Up ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Break Up
*Annette*
There are a few things that send a relationship straight down the drain. One of those is when you bash your lover's friends. My boyfriend should have remembered that when it came to Yuki and me. One thing a girl values more than love is her friends. My guy didn't take this seriously and talked crap about Yuki. I took care of that relationship and moved on. The whole tale goes like this:
Four weeks ago, I met a boy named Tim May in my drama class. He was a very charming boy. His hair was a strong red-brown hair to his ears. His profile was ever so lovely. I scooted in close to him. He turned to face me. I was instantly turned on. His eyes were bright green. I was sucked into him right away. The boy smiled at me kindly. I felt myself go weak in the knees. “Oh wow!” I thought. “He's so pretty!
“Hello there,” he said to me. He had me seduced in seconds.
“Hi…” I forced myself to smile. The boy took my hand gently.
“I'm Tim,” he introduced himself to me. “Tim May.” I was blushing all over. I just couldn't talk at first. My heart was racing. I was red all over. I just didn't know what to say at first.
“I'm Annette Jefferson!” I called. Tim slowly shook my hand. I kept staring into his beautiful bright green eyes. “Oh wow!” I thought. “He's so hot!
“So,” he said. “You really love drama class I see.”
“Yes!” I blurted out. “I really want to become an actress! I was in the drama club but I had to quit because of my ailing grandmother. But I really want to become an actress more than anything else in the world!” My mouth was flying at insane speeds and I wasn't thinking at all. Love seems to do this to me when I with a guy that I like. It's so stupid, I know. But I just can't help it. At midsentence I heard laughing. I look up and see my new crush laughing at me. I was really red-faced now. “Oh crap!” I thought. “Now he thinks I am a babbling idiot! Nice going, Annette!” I looked away embarrassed. But, Tim turned my face to him. Oh those green eyes of his were so sexy!
“You sure love to talk, don't you?” he asked me.
“Y-Yes…” I said sheepishly. My crush smiled at me.
“Well how about you tell me all about yourself over a nice dinner with me tonight,” he said. I was completely shocked. I wasn't expecting this now!
“You are… asking me out on a date?” I asked him.
“If you like,” my crush said. I didn't have to think about the answer at all.
“Yes!” I said. “I will go out with you!” Tim smiled at my kindly.
“Okay then,” he said. “I'll pick you up at seven.”
“Great!” I said. Then, classes began. I could barely focus for the rest of the day. My mind was focused on Tim. He is such a charming boy. It's been a while sense I had a boyfriend ever. To tell you the truth, I'm kind of jealous that Yuki has finally found someone. It just makes me feel left out now. Mind you, I want Yuki to be happy. But, I want to be happy too. I spend so much worrying about my younger brother and my grandmother; I hardly focus on myself at all. I hope that changes tonight. I really need it!
Our date was nice. Tim took me out to a sushi bar. The food was nice. He let me talk all night about myself. I let him ask me a few questions. To keep for looking self-obsessed, I asked him a few questions about him. Tim came from America last Saturday as a transfer student. He was an only child with divorced parents. He lived with his dad before coming to Japan. Tim wants to become a teacher. He also wants a family as well. He sounds almost like me. And know what? I think I'm in love with him. I feel that I have found my soul mate at long last. I just need to take him out on a few more dates before I introduce him to the boys.
I told Yuki about my date the next day at school. He seemed pretty excited for me.
“You finally have a boyfriend,” my little brother said to me. “I'm so happy for you. What's his name?” I smiled at him brightly.
“Tim May!” I announced happily. I was hoping that he would ask me more about my crush and our date. But then, I noticed the smile and happy rapidly fading away from his face. Something wasn't right.
“Yuki,” I said. “What's wrong? You don't seem too happy about something.” My little brother shook his head at me uneasily.
“Are you sure that you should be dating Tim May?” he asked me. I looked at him slightly confused.
“Well what do you mean?” I asked. “What are you talking about?” Yuki took in a deep breath before speaking again. He looked really pale right now.
“Tim… is not exactly a good person!” my little brother blurted out. I was really confused now. Yuki hardly *ever* talks bad about anybody! He usually just keeps his negative comments about people to himself. This had to be really serious.
“How do you know?” I asked him. Yuki just shrugged at me.
“I don't,” he said. “I just have this bad feeling about him. Just be very careful, okay?” He doesn't really know. He is just going by a feeling. My little brother still has some trust issues with people. The only people he trusts now are Shizuma, Asuka, and me. But yet, I can't blame him. The poor boy has been bullied all of his life and only had me as a friend for a long time. It's easy to see he is so worried about me. I know, I'll just humor him for the time being and then show him that Tim is really a good person. I smiled at Yuki kindly. I lightly patted him on the shoulder.
“Okay,” I said to him coolly. “I will be careful!” He still gave me that worried look.
“Promise me that you will!” he pleaded. I smiled and shook my head at him.
“Listen to me,” I said to him. “I will be fine. Tim is not a bad guy. I will be care as you see. I'll give him four weeks and see. If you're right, I'll buy you dinner. If I'm right, you will hang out with us sometime, okay?” My little brother nodded at me. I smiled at him.
“Good!” I said to him. Then, I hugged him cheerfully. He hugged me back uneasily.
I should have known that Yuki was right about that jerk Tim. Too bad I didn't see it after the first date. It would have saved me four weeks of lies. I learned the truth three days ago. It was during our lunch break. I had forgotten something in my locker and was going back to get it when I heard a group of guys laughing in one of the classrooms. Curious, I followed the sound to classroom B-14. I peeked inside the door. My boyfriend, Tim, and some of his friends were sitting in the room talking and eating their lunch. I listened in closely.
“What is with that pansy Yuki?” one of his friends asked.
“I know!” Tim called. “He's so weak and pathetic!”
“Yeah,” another guy said. “I bet he still has to hold his mommy's hand!”
“I could kick his ass any time I like!” Tim said.
“I know, right!” a third guy said. “Yuki's so weak-minded and dumb as hell!”
“I bet his parents had to beg this school to take him in!” Tim called out. They all were laughing at his words. I was so pissed off! My boyfriend had broken my number one rule: Don't talk garbage about my friends! I was dumping him today because of it! But I'm going to make him pay for it first! My little brother was right! That jerk is going to pay big time!
I waited until school was over so to confront Tim alone and not to have so many witnesses. Crossing paths before then will tempt me to kill him. Sorry, but I don't have a place to hide his body anywhere at all. Better to wait and deal with it then. I got my chance when he and I were cleaning A-7. We didn't talk at first. I was waiting until the right second to part my lips. The time came at long last.
“So,” I spoke up trying to stay cool. “How was your lunch Tim?” My soon-to-be ex shrugged at me.
“Good,” he said. “You?”
“Fine,” I said. There was a moment of silence. I couldn't hold it back anymore. “You know who Fujita Yuki is, right?” I asked him. Tim paused while trying not to laugh. I glared at him.
“What's so funny?” I asked him sharply. Tim turned to me smiling.
“Yeah!” he said. “I know who that weak and pathetic loser is! Why?” I really lost it there. I threw the boom straight down to the floor. Tim noticed my angry mood.
“Annette,” he said. “Uh… What's wrong?” Hearing his voice was the final crack in the ice.
“You broke one of my rules!” I shouted.
“What are you talking about?” he asked me confused.
“Yuki is my best friend!” I barked. “I heard you and your friends cutting him down at while I was getting something from my locker! His parents are dead! He only lives with his older sister. The only reason he struggles in school is because of jerks like you! He doesn't trust anyone that well because that as well!” Tim looked at me with a pale face.
“Baby!” he wailed out. “It was only a joke!”
“Not a very funny one!” I yelled. “We're over! You bet get as far away from me as you can before I am tempted to kill you, you cruel-hearted lying bastard!” I must have really scared him off, because took off running. But I wasn't done there. I picked up a box of color pencils and walked out to the door. Tim was really running away fast. I threw that box with all of my might. Surprisingly, I hit that bastard right in the back of the head. That creep fell right to the ground.
“OW!!!” he yelled out. I was shocked at such an accurate hit. “Oh wow!” I thought. “Maybe I should try out for the softball time!” I suddenly felt better and went back to cleaning the classroom.
That night, Yuki and I hung out at my house and looked at the stars.
“So,” my little brother said. “How's Tim?” I shrugged at him.
“It's over,” I said. “You're right. He was bad news.” Yuki looked at me slightly surprised.
“What?!?” he asked. “You seemed so happy to be with me! Why?” I turned to him smiling.
“Because,” I replied. “He was talking junk about you.” Yuki looked at me stunned.
“What?!?” he asked again. I deepened my smile.
“Well,” I said. “If I'm going to be with someone, they have to respect my best friend even when you or I aren't around!” Yuki smiled back at me.
“Aw, thanks!” he said. “That's so sweet!”
“You're welcome,” I said back to him. We both just laughed after that.
Friends Forever