Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 4, Chapter Twenty-Six: Mother ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mother
*Shizuma*
A pain in my heart had ripped open. It all started when I received a mysterious letter. I woke up early one morning and found a strange envelope lying on the nightstand. I stared at it confused. Neither Yuki nor I brought it in nor was it there last night. So where did it come from? And what was it doing here? Could it be a trap? There was only one to find out. I looked over my shoulder. My love was still asleep. I smiled at him in a small way. He looks so cute sleeping. But anyway, back to the matter at hand. I reached for the envelope and picked it up. I quickly opened it. I pulled out the letter and read it in silence to myself. This is what my letter said:
 
Shizuma
I know the truth about your real mother. Meet me out in Tokyo Gardens so we can talk. You have been blinded for too long. You should know the truth. You shouldn't be kept in the dark after so long. It's fair for you to know the truth.
 
I sat there frozen. Blind for too long? I should know the truth. What truth? Shouldn't be kept in the dark after so long? Who wrote this and why? There were so many questions swirling around in my head. There was only one option I had to ask all of my questions. But would I take it? I thought about it for a while. This whole thing could be a trap. Well, there was only going to be one way to see. So, I got up and got dressed. I took one more look at my sweet Yuki. He still looked like an angel sleeping. I smiled to myself softly.
“I'll be back, my love,” I whispered to him. Then, I kissed him on the cheek, walked over to the door, left the room, and quietly closed the door so not wake him up. It was still early in the morning. The sun hadn't come up yet. So, it was still dark all around. I stood in the garden waiting. It's freezing out here. If I was human, I would be screwed now. But since I am a demon, I am perfectly fine. I held the letter tightly in my hand. I looked all around me. So far, no one was in sight. I was so getting annoyed. “This better not be a joke!” I thought to myself pissed off.
“This is not a trick!” a voice called to me. I quickly looked up. A woman was right before me floating. I looked at her up and down. I could tell right away that she was an angel. Her long wavy hair was as black as the night. She was very pale as well. Her feathered wings were huge and white. The angel was all dressed in white. Her eyes were a beautiful navy blue. Next to Yuki's eyes, hers were the prettiest that I have ever seen. I smirked to myself. “Oh how cute!” I thought. “They send me an angel to talk to me about my mother!” But I focused back on my problem at head.
“Who are you?” I asked her. She didn't answer me.
“What do you want with me?” I asked her. Still nothing.
“Why would they send you?” I tried again. The angel didn't say a single word to me. I was slowly getting aggravated. This angel drags me out here and then says nothing to me? I would have killed her by now. But yet, I was holding back and being patient. Maybe it was Yuki's sweet face in my mind. Maybe it's because I'm getting old. But, I withheld my annoyance tightly. There was one thing I haven't tried yet. I took the letter and held out in front to the angel.
“Did you write this?” I asked her.
“Yes,” she said. I began to feel better some. Ha, finally she talks. We're getting somewhere at last.
“So,” I said to her. “What do you know about my real mother?” That question sent me into a dark hole again. The angel had a very grim look on her face. I knew I wasn't going to like what she was going to say.
“Your mother was a priestess,” she said to me. “She was a pure soul with a strong soul. She healed the sick and people came to her for advice when they were troubled. Her community respected her well. Everyone loved her. Her parents died when she was young. A group of nuns took her in. They raised her and brought her up right. Your mother grew up into a lovely young lady. All of the men in her village wanted her. One day, an injured man came into her village. She and the nuns nursed him back to health. But the man, stayed around a little longer. Over time, your mother fell in love with the man and had relations with him. She then became pregnant with you. The man did not stay long, however. He disappeared into the night. The nuns took pity on your mother and took very good care of her. Everything was going fine once you were born. The nuns loved you as their own child. But a terrible curse fell upon you after you were born. The nuns were all afraid of you because of it. They pushed your mother to fix the problem. So she took you to the forest of death and left you there to die.”
I just stood there in silence. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My mother was a priestess? I had another curse placed on me? Was it even true? I looked up to ask the angel, but she was gone. It was all hard to sink in. I just didn't talk for the rest of the day.
Is This All True?