Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 4, Chapter Thirty: Craving ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Craving
*Shizuma*
Later that night, we went to bed. Yuki slept in the cot with me to be close. I told him this was a bad idea, but he insisted. There is just no getting through to that guy. He seems to have a death wish with me. I just don't get it. Fine! Who am I to stop him? I just hope I can control myself until sunrise. That's going to be a hard challenge. I hope I can make it through without killing my love.
I lied awake in our cot. I can't sleep tonight. I never really can on nights like this. I looked down at my Yuki. He slept peacefully beside of me. Such a beautiful face. I gently kissed him on the forehead. I always wonder what he is dreaming about at times. I'm tempted to look into his mind and see. In fact, I might do that right now. I slowly began to place my hand upon his lovely forehead. But then… the pain stuck me again. I began to feel the hunger really bad this time. I shut my eyes tightly and tried to ignore it. I counted backwards in my mind. Usually, this little trick works. It did this time… for a short time. “Try not to think about it at all!” I thought to myself. “Try not to think about it and rise above!” But then, the hunger grew sharper. I felt the pain all the way to my chest. I couldn't breathe at first. Sweat broke out all over my body. It's happening again. The hunger is taking over my mind again. I can't let it win this time. I have to fight back no matter what.
I opened my eyes and looked down at my love again. Yuki still slept on peacefully in my arms. Such a sweet little lamb. He is a brave soul to stay with me like this. I expected him to run away. But no! He decided to stay and ride this bitch out. Such a cute little innocent lamb. But then, another monster came into my head. I suddenly saw the blood flowing through my love's veins. Such vibrate red glowed in the cold darkness. He seemed like a light from Heaven. His beauty almost glowed with his blood. My heart raced again. It changed to a deep pounding in my chest. My breath became heavier. My fangs formed in my mouth. The hunger took over my mind. I slowly lowered my head to my beloved. I was going to do. I was going to drink the blood of my Yuki. I could almost taste it too. All of his life-giving blood flowing in my mouth…
But then, I stopped. I couldn't bring myself to do it. All because of one simple little truth: If I drink his blood, he'll turn into a demon. And if something were to happen to me, my Yuki would be all alone. And just like that, the hunger faded away. My fangs shrank back to normal. I panted as if I had screwed Yuki once again. The worst had ended now. But yet, I wondered how long that would last. Damn it, it's going to be another long night tonight. I just hate it when it turns out like that!
The next morning seemed normal. My Yuki was already up and dressed. He turned to me with that sweet face of his.
“Good morning Shizu-kun!” he called to me. “Did you sleep well?” I trembled as I looked at him.
“I don't think I can do this!” I said to him. “It gets worse in the night. I almost killed you in your sleep! I don't know how much longer I can resist anymore.” Yuki leaned in close to me and gently put his finger to my lips. I went quiet at his touch. He smiled at me with that cute smile of his.
“I told you,” he whispered to me. “I'm here to help you! I'm not leaving your side at all. Do you understand me?” I didn't know what to say at all. I just nodded at him quickly. Yuki kept his smile at me. He lightly kissed me on the lips. My body went still all over. He really means it. He's going to stay by my side and help me get through this. I… I just don't know what to say to that at all. Yuki lightly pulled away from me.
“Good,” he replied. Then, my Yuki pulled away from me. “I'll bring you the homework from class today,” he told me. “You just take it easy today.” I nodded at him. Then, my love turned and left the room. I flopped back onto our cot. I sighed aloud to myself. I know what has to be done now. It won't be pretty. But I have to do it in order not to kill Yuki. He believes in me to a fault. I can't let him down. I just can't! I will make this work no matter what! I just have to!
Fighting for Love