Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 4, Chapter Thirty-One: Date Help ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Date Help
*Yuki*
Suddenly, a strange thing happened to me today. I was at my locker around lunch time when I noticed someone standing beside me. I slowly looked to my right and saw a boy staring at me. He smiled at me with a big smile on his face. I had seen him somewhere before. He's the guy that sits in my homeroom near the window. I don't know whether to be scared or not. He's not from Zen's camp. But, he could be an outside enemy. Only one way to see.
“Hi,” I said uneasily.
“Hey!” this boy called back to me. We had a moment of silence. I turned to him completely.
“Do I know you?” I asked. “I don't mean to sound rude by that.” The boy shrugged at me.
“Don't worry, you're not,” he said. “I'm in your homeroom.”
“What's your name exactly?” I asked him.
“Toyota,” he replied. “Toyota Masato.” He didn't register at first. But then, something clicked in my head. The light bulb went off in my face.
“Oh yeah!” I said to him. “You're the one by the window!”
“Yep!” Toyota said to me. We both laughed aloud. I calmed down some.
“So,” I said to him. “What can I do for you?” Toyota quickly grabbed me by the hand.
“Please,” he pleaded. “I need your help on getting a date!” I looked at him in surprised confusion.
“What?!?” I asked almost shouting.
“Shhh!” Toyota said to me quickly. “Not so look.” I still looked at him confused.
“Okay,” I said in a low voice. “But why me?”
“I don't know,” Toyota said to me stressed. “You just look like an easy person to talk to. Plus you and that creepy-looking kid seem to have a very good relationship together.” I looked at him startled.
“How do you know about Shizuma and I?!?” I asked in suspicious surprise. Toyota shrugged at me.
“I just noticed you two together almost all of the time,” he said simply. “You love him, don't you?”
“Well, yes,” I admitted unwittingly. “I do love him!” Toyota gave a little nod.
“Yes!” he said aloud. “There is this girl I really like and I want to form a romantic relationship with her that's just as close as your and Shizuma's!” Sounds like a reasonable request. He's got me sold there.
“Okay,” I said. “Who's the girl in question?” Toyota swallowed a bit.
“Nishio Ayeka,” he admitted in a high-pitched voice. My eyes grew wide in shock.
“I'm sorry, who?” I asked.
“Nishio Ayeka!” Toyota repeated sharply. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. Ayeka could only be summed up in one word: Princess. She wasn't a snob, mind you! Ayeka had a sweet personality and very kind to all that crossed her path. She just came from a rich family. Not only that, Ayeka had the looks, popularity, brains, and quiet strength all in a neat little package. I took another look at Toyota. He looked way of out his league for Ayeka. But then again, so am I with Shizuma. With that logic, I decided to help Toyota after all. I stood up bravely to him.
“Okay,” I replied. “I'll help you!” Toyota looked at me overjoyed. He squeezed my hand tightly.
“Thank you, Yuki!” he cried out to me. “Tell me what to do!” I drew in a deep breath.
“Okay,” I said. “First, you just talk to her.”
“About what?” Toyota asked. I shrugged at him.
“Just anything simple,” I replied. “School, things that you and her like, life, things that like.”
“Okay,” he said. “Then what?”
“Well,” I said. “Don't try too hard to impress her.” Toyota looked at me surprised.
“Really?” he asked.
“Yeah,” I said. “I make that mistake sometimes with Shizuma and he ends up avoiding me for a while. If you do find yourself trying too hard, back up some.”
“Okay,” Toyota said with a nod.
“And,” I added at last. “Just be yourself.” Toyota at me on that one.
“But…” he said. “What if I do all of that and she doesn't like me?” I shrugged at him.
“Have you talked to her already?” I asked.
“No…” he admitted to me.
“Well then,” I said. “You won't know until you go and talk to her.” Toyota thought about that for a moment. He smiled at my best advice. I began to relax some. I'm not really good at giving other people advice. I just went with what I had observed in the past around me. Good to see somebody is actually going with what I am saying. Toyota turned to me smiling and hugged me tightly. That took me by surprise right there. Okay, I wasn't expecting that one.
“Thanks Yuki!” he nearly yelled in my ear. “You really helped me!”
“You're welcome…” I said nearly crushed by his grip. Damn, Toyota's got a strong gasp. I thought that I would choke to death. Toyota finally let go of me. I thought that would be the end. Boy was I wrong!
“Say,” he said to me. “Care to go to lunch with me?” That one threw me for another loop by him. I had never had lunch at school with anyone besides Shizu-kun. I didn't know what to say at first. I must be really coming a long way in the social world at my school.
“Sure!” I answered without thinking. Toyota's smile became brighter.
“Great!” he called. “Let's go!” Then, my friend dragged me to the cafeteria by the arm.
“Whoa!” I cried. “Slow down, you're hurting me!” Toyota didn't listen. He kept pulling me along with him. My growing circle didn't end there however.
My New Friend