Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 6, Chapter Forty-Seven: Dress Act ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dress Act
-Katsuya-
I don’t really know how this got out of hand. It was just one simple little joke. I never really intended anything to explode from all of this.
-Three Weeks Earlier-
Our school planned out a little TV show to broadcast all over the TVs as a send off for winter break. I was in the broadcasting club then. The members and I sat down to meet and plan out little skits for the program.
“So, what shall we do for the show?” Karin, our president, asked.
“Stand-up comedy,” I suggested.
“Okay,” she said. Karin took out her notebook and started to write. “Anythin else?
“We could do a karaoke part.”
“Maybe a short cooking bit.”
Karin wrote as fast as the suggestions came in. “Slow down!” she had to shout at one point. “I can’t write that fast.” She paused and read back what we practically shouted at her.
“Alright, so far we have comedy, karaoke, duel, cooking, art display, short movies, and flower arranging,” she read off once she finished with the list. “Anything else you would like to add?”
“No,” a freshman answered.
“I think we’re good,” I said.
“Right,” Karin said. “Who all will be acting in any these things?” I put up my hand.
“I can do one skit,” I said.
“Alone?” the vice chairman asked.
I couldn’t help but to grin. “Oh, no. I won’t be alone on this.” I think I freaked them out with my evil chuckle.
-------
Yuki gave me a long blank stare. “What?”
I gave him a sweet little smile. “Just act on TV with me.”
“Why?”
I leaned in his face with a grin. “It’s just for one skit. You don’t really have to do much.”
Yuki shook his head nervously. “I don’t take I can do it.”
“Sure you can! It’s easy!”
Yuki bit his lower lip in unease. “I’m not so sure…”
“Come on, please?” I pleaded. I turned his head to face me as I gave him sweet little puppy dog eyes. His eyes lowered to the palm of my hand.
“Well…” he answered.
“Come on, please?” I asked. Yuki dropped his shoulders.
“Alright,” he murmured. I smiled and patted him on the cheek.
“Thanks, you’re a good friend,” I said. I didn’t know how to stop from there. I tried to ignore Yuki’s reservations about my whole plan.
“So what do have to do?” he asked. I gave him a devilish grin.
“Leave it all to me,” I answered. Probably crept him out saying that, but I couldn’t help back anymore.
-------
-Day of Broadcast-
I stood outside the dressing room, looking at my phone. “You done in there?” I asked.
“Uh… I’m a little confused here,” Yuki said inside the booth.
“About what?” I asked.
“Is this really what I’m supposed to be wearing for the skit?”
“Of course! Why, is there a problem?”
“Well…”
I shoved my cell phone back in my pocket. “Come out and let me see you.”
“I’d rather not.”
“Come on, you have to. It probably doesn’t look that bad.”
“Easy for you to say!”
“Look, just come out already. We’ve only got ten more minutes.”
“Fine!” he groaned. I turned with a grin on my face when I heard the curtain draw open. Yuki stood in the opening in dressed in schoolgirl uniform with pigtails. I thought I scored a jackpot on this.
“You look so cute!” I said in gasp. Yuki looked down at himself frowning.
“Shut up!” he cried. His embarrassment made me laugh.
“It’s not funny!” he yelled.
“There, there,” I said. “I’m wearing the same thing too.”
“That’s not the point,” he hissed. I gave him a goofy grin.
“Oh,” I said aloud. “You would rather dress like this for your Shizuma-kun, wouldn’t you?” Yuki’s face grew even redder.
“Shut up!” he shouted. My laughter probably drew stares at us.
“Excuse me,” a freshman girl spoke up. “You’re up!” My mode changed into serious.
“Okay, Yuki, my boy!” I said. “Show time!” He walked behind me all red in the face. That little freshman girl gave us quite a stare. Perfect, this is going as I planned. Besides that, Yuki looks so cute.
To be honest, I don’t fully remember the skit. Yuki and I were playing to trendy Osakan schoolgirls. Yuki leaned in between the cameras started rolling.
“What exactly am I supposed to do?” he whispered.
“We just wait at this ‘bus stop’ and just talk,” I answered. He made a face at me.
“What?” I asked.
“I can’t help but to get the feeling that you just wanted to see me in women’s clothing for this,” he whispered back. I gave him an innocent shrug.
“Now, why would I want to do?” I asked.
“We’re live!” one of classmates on set yelled.
“Knock ‘em dead,” I whispered. Yuki tried to put on a brave face. So far, the acting went smoothly at first. I had to admit, Yuki’s a natural. In the middle of the skit, I noticed something strange within me taking place. My heart started to race when I stood near him. The schoolgirl uniform didn’t help either. I never knew Yuki looked so cute dressed up like a girl, I thought. I shook my head and tried to focus on my lines. The harder I tried, the more I kept tripping up. The crew started look upset at me.
Then, that happened.
I rushed forward and pressed a kiss on my friend’s lips. I don’t know what happened and I don’t think I had time to control it. All I know is that bomb exploded that would send everything off kilter before winter break.
Kiss-Kiss