Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 7, Chapter Fifty-Six: Winter ( Chapter 56 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter

It still felt so cruel. But to Shizuma it had to be done. He has to know the truth. In order for that to happen, there could be nothing to distract him.

“Yuki-kun, we need to talk,” the demon said. No one wants to hear those words. Shizuma could see the worry over his lover's face.

“About what?” Yuki asked.

“Come with me,” Shizuma said. He put his arm around his shoulders and walked him out of the house. His boyfriend didn't like where this was heading. Shizuma felt his heart sink.

I'm so sorry, Yuki-kun.

Despite it being spring, the night felt cold. There weren't many people out on the street. Shizuma's stomach turned as he already knew what was coming. It still hurt. But he couldn't risk harm coming to Yuki. The demon pulled him closer to his side.

“Are you okay?” Yuki whispered. The question caught Shizuma off-guard.

“What?” he asked. His boyfriend looked him deep in the eyes. His gaze. That damned gaze. Shizuma tried not to look into his eyes. Yuki rested his head on his shoulder. The demon didn't react at first. But then he gently patted him on the head.

Why did he choose to come out here? Why couldn't he have done this at home? It would've been easier. Maybe the scenery would lessen the blow? The demon took in a deep breath.

Enough stalling. He was just going to have to rip off the bandage.

Shizuma stopped in his tracks. Yuki looked up.

“Is something wrong?” he asked.

“How much do you love me?” Shizuma asked. His boyfriend looked confused.

“I love you so much that I can't picture my life without you,” he said. The demon drew back his arm.

“I'm afraid that is not good,” he said.

“What do you mean?” Yuki said. Shizuma sighed. There's no way to dance around it, was there? He lifted his chin.

“I am leaving you,” Shizuma said in one breath. Yuki looked like he had been spared through the chest.

“What?” he asked.

“This has gone on long enough,” the demon said. “You are starting to annoy me and I can stand looking at you anymore.” He didn't mean, but he had to push him away. Yuki slowly shook his head.

“You don't mean that…” he said.

“Come on! Do you really think that we would last?” Shizuma asked. “That's not real life. You and I were never going to have a fairy ending.” His words were so cold. Tears welled up in his lover's eyes.

“Why would you do this? How could you say that?” Yuki asked. He tried to reach out and hold Shizuma, but the demon pushed him away.

“Don't touch me!” he snapped.

“Shizuma…” Yuki whimpered. The demon fought to keep himself looking stoic and cruel. He couldn't back down.

“I'm leaving tomorrow,” he said. “Don't look for me. Don't follow me.” By now, the tears started rolling down Yuki's cheeks.

“Why would you do this to me?!” he whimpered. Shizuma resisted the urge to pull him into his arms.

“I'm sorry!” he said, his voice rising. “This is just how it has to be.” Yuki couldn't stop crying.

“You… How could you?!” he yelled. He turned and ran down the street in tears. Shizuma didn't go after him. That was it. It was over. Now, he could try and find out the truth about his past. He looked up at the sky.

“Okay, I did it,” Shizuma said. “I'm ready to know everything.” The demon vanished into thin air.

---------

In the morning, Yuki woke up alone. He broke down crying against his pillow. This couldn't be the end, could it? Shizuma would come back, right? The boy broke down crying all over again. Even with all of that hope in his heart, Yuki felt like he was sinking deep into his despair. The boy could only cry out his feelings in his sheets.

So This is Goodbye