Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 8, Chapter Sixty-Three: Valentine's Day Rapture ( Chapter 63 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Valentine's Day Rapture

This happened during Valentine's Day. We're going forward in time. One year later, to be exact. Love is blooming. Love is healing. Love is growing. Love is… well, it's trying to start. Either way, love is here today. It's here every day, but everyone pays extra attention to it. Yuki and his friends are no different. They may have been at different stages of love, but the basics of the story were the same.

-----------

-Yuki and Shizuma-

It's still strained between them. Yet, they can't leave each other. The small talk only limited to a small amount of words.

“Good morning,” Yuki whispered. Shizuma doesn't say anything. He just rolled over in bed. His boyfriend frowned. It's been a struggle. Maybe Yuki should let him go? He's brought this up before.

“Do you want to end this?” Yuki asked. Shizuma grabbed him by the hand.

“No,” he said.

“No?” Yuki asked.

“No,” the demon said. He had no emotion on his face. The human boy didn't know what to do. It hurt to see him like this. It didn't help that Shizuma wouldn't tell him what was wrong. Maybe it would be better if they…

Yuki rolled over in his bed and looked at the clock. It donned on him that it was Valentine's Day today. He glanced over his shoulder. A strange since of hope caught in his throat. Maybe, just maybe…

“Hey, Shizuma,” he said.

“What?” his boyfriend asked.

“Are you doing anything today?” Yuki asked.

“No,” the demon said. He didn't turn around. Yuki reached out and touched him on the shoulder.

“Please… spend the day with me,” he whispered. The boy shut his eyes. It was out there. He couldn't take it back. Yuki resigned himself to whatever answer came to him.

“Sure,” Shizuma said. The boy opened his eyes and lifted his head.

“What?” he asked.

“If you want to spend the day together, then we will spend the day together,” Shizuma said. He looked over his shoulder. Yuki's heart fluttered in his chest. He closed his eyes again. There was so much that he wanted to say.

“Thank you,” was all that he could say. Shizuma turned around and pulled him into his arms. Yuki rested his head against his chest.

-----------

-Katsuya and Annette-

They had just started dating. At first, it felt clumsy. They didn't seem to know how they were going to go about this. Annette would have to leave the country soon. The couple decided to try and make the most of their time together. Valentine's Day seemed to be the right place to start.

“Do you want me to take you out to dinner?” Katsuya asked over the phone.

“Where would you want to take me?” Annette asked on the other line. Her new boyfriend shrugged.

“I don't know,” he said.

“Surprise me then,” she said. Katsuya's eyes widened.

“Are you serious?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said. Her boyfriend quickly nodded.

“Okay! I'll do it!” he said. He saluted to no one in particular. Annette giggled.

“Alright, pick me up at six,” she said. “Love you.”

“I love you too,” Katsuya said. They blew kisses into the phone before they hung up. The boy flopped back onto the bed. A huge smile spread across his face. Things were looking up for him. But then he paused.

“Aw crap!” he said. “I have to get ready!” Katsuya jumped to his feet. He walked over to the closet to look for something to wear. He had to look nice. This was their official first date. After all, Katsuya had to impressed his girlfriend.

-----------

-The Boys-

What about the other boys? They're looking for dates. Toyota might have gotten lucky. Ayeka agreed to date him. The boy couldn't believe his luck.

“Can I take you out to dinner and movie?” he asked Ayeka.

“Sure,” she said. Toyota didn't know how to take this. He still couldn't tell what she was thinking. She did seem happy to around him. They have been holding hands and they did share one kiss. Still, the couple hadn't been on an official date yet.

Valentine's Day was going to be the day that was going to change. Toyota was going to go all out to impress the girl he worked hard to win. He wasn't going to let her slip away.

What about the other boys? How are they doing on this day of love?

Sasuke and Dave were looking for dates today. Sasuke already had two girls on his mind. First one was named Ono Kaoru. He met this shy girl at the local bookstore where he started working last summer. She didn't really stand out from the crowd. Come to think of it, Kaoru never spoke up during work. Sasuke was going to have to change that. The other girl was named Chino Minako. She's one of the girls in Ayeka's circle of friends. Throughout high school, Sasuke tried to win her over, but he had no luck. Maybe this time would be different.

At least he hoped so.

Dave on the other hand wasn't having much luck. Girls just found him a bit too odd. Still, he wasn't going to give up. He just wanted a chance to say that he wasn't lonely on Valentine's Day. His circle of friends either had dates or they were walking to get them. Why shouldn't he have a shot at love?

So much love is going around this year on Valentine's Day. It doesn't know how to stop pouring. Everyone takes this day to jump in and bathe in the endless river. Whether they will get out or stay in to drown in the love after Valentine's Day will be up to them.

Feel the Love All Around