Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 9, Chapter Seventy-One: New Guy ( Chapter 71 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

New Guy

They had always been a strange group. They didn't need another one. Too bad no one told the new guy. Probably that was why he clung to their group so quickly. It started on a Friday.

Yuki had just sat when someone walked up to his desk.

“Are you Fujita Yuki?” a voice asked. Yuki looked up. A boy about his age stood over his desk. His hair covered his eyes. The uniform looked like it could use an iron. Yuki blinked.

“Uh… do I know you?” he asked. The boy shook his head.

“No,” he said. The boys stared at each other quiet. Yuki's eyes shifted back and forth.

“Can I help you?” he asked. The boy quickly bowed.

“Please be my friend?” he asked. Yuki gave him a strange look.

“What?!” he asked. The boy quickly grabbed her by the hands.

“Please?!” he begged. Yuki tried to look around for an escape. What the hell was happening? Who was this kid? Where did he even come from?

“I don't even know who you are,” Yuki said. The boy let go of his hands.

“Oh! I'm so sorry!” he said. The boy quickly bowed.

“I'm Ogata Haru!” he said. “Please be kind to me.” Yuki blinked with an odd look on his face. What the hell was this? Was this guy for real? The boy pinched himself on the cheek. No, this was real. Haru started to look sad.

“Please be my friend?” he asked.

“Uh…” Yuki said. Suddenly, the bell rang. The other students ran to their seats. Haru pouted as he walked back to his seat. Yuki turned his head forward and sighed with relief. He thought that was the end of it.

--------

It wasn't the end of it.

Around lunchtime, Yuki was trying to look around to see if Haru had followed him to cafeteria or not. The whole time he felt that boy's eyes on his back. He was probably smiling too. Yuki didn't know how to deal with this guy. Did he really more on his plate? There was Shizuma, Annette, the future, and finding Dave a date. He didn't need this. Yuki sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“Are you okay?” Katsuya asked.

“No,” the other boy said. He lifted his head. Yuki turned his head. The color drained from his face as he looked out. Haru looked around in the crowd. He held his tray to his chest.

“Oh no…” Yuki said. He started to pray that this boy wouldn't find them. Katsuya shook him on the arm.

“Yuki? What's wrong? Yuki? Yuki?” he asked. The other boy didn't respond. Then suddenly, Haru looked up. A huge smile spread across his face.

“Hey!” he shouted. Yuki froze as sweat formed on his face.

“Yuki?” Katsuya asked. Haru made it to their table. The rest of the group looked up.

“Hi!” Haru said. Shizuma snorted.

“Who the hell is this?” he asked. Haru grinned and stood up straight.

“I'm Ogata Haru!” he said. “I'm Yuki's friend!” All eyes fell on Yuki. The boy quickly shook his head.

“No, he's not,” he mouthed.

“Can I join you?” Haru asked. The group all looked at each other. The boy didn't even wait for a response.

“Great!” he said. Haru sat down with his tray at the table. Yuki's friends all started to have annoyed looks on their faces. The boy didn't stop grinning the whole time.

“Let's be friends!” he said.

“No,” Shizuma said, growling. Everyone turned and looked at him.

“What?” he asked. “We don't know this guy! He's too weird!” The humans had uneasy looks on their faces. Yuki started freaking out inside. Haru just smiled as he held up his chopsticks.

“That's fine,” he said. “We can just get to know each other. Isn't that great?” The boy hummed as he broke apart his chopsticks.

“Uh… why are you sitting with us?” Toyota asked. Haru looked up at him.

“Isn't it obvious?” he asked.

“No?” Dave asked. Haru clapped his hands together and smiled.

“Because we're all friends now!” he said. “Let's eat.” The boy started to eat his lunch right away. Yuki and his friends looked at each other. Haru couldn't stay with them. This boy had to go. But how could they do that without looking like an asshole?

Meanwhile, Haru happily ate lunch with his new “friends”.

Haru the Pest