Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 10, Chapter Seventy-Three: Twisted Mess ( Chapter 73 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Twisted Mess
-Yuki-
Shizuma and I were struggling to keep everything together. We didn't need for anything to get worse. Unfortunately, we would get worse before we could fully heal.
I didn't wish to know her name at first. She just showed up out of nowhere. I saw her in my room in the early hours of morning. To be honest, I don't know what caused me to wake up. But I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. A figure stood in the corner of the room. At first, I thought I was dreaming. I could see the face. In fact, there wasn't a face at all. It was all smooth with a black veil covering it. My heart started pounding against my chest.
“Who… Who are you?” I asked. My eyes adjusted to the dark. The figure turned out to be a woman dressed in black. She seemed to be staring at me. I reached over to Shizuma.
“Hey! Hey! Wake up! Hey! Hey!” I whispered as I shook him. He didn't respond. In fact, Shizuma turned over onto his side. My stomach dropped. When I turned back to the corner, the woman was gone. What did I just see? I rolled my eyes. Was I losing my mind? I shook my head. It had to be a dream. It had to be. I couldn't sleep for the rest of the morning.
-----------
The next morning, I sat at the table staring off into space. Someone shook me on the shoulder.
“Hey! Hey!”
I quickly looked up. Shizuma gave me a strange look.
“What?” I asked.
“You don't look so good,” he said. “Something wrong?” I lowered my eyes. I closed my hands into fists.
“There was a woman in my room,” I said. Shizuma frowned.
“What did you say?” he asked. I lifted my head.
“I saw a woman in the corner of my room this morning. She was wearing all black and she had no face,” I said. That last part came out in a whisper. I looked up to see Shizuma looking so pale.
“You saw her? Are you sure you saw her?” he asked.
“Saw who?” I asked. “Who are you talking about?” My semi-boyfriend got up from the table and walked out of the kitchen.
“Shizuma?” I asked. I got up and followed behind.
I trailed Shizuma to the backyard. He had his back to me. My stomach turned as the worst case scenario ran around in my head.
“Shizuma…” I said.
“She's found me,” he said. I froze.
“What do you mean?” I asked. Shizuma lifted his chin.
“She's somebody I used to know,” he said. I reached out to him but lowered my arm.
“Who is she?” I asked.
“She was my mother's younger sister,” Shizuma said.
“What?” I asked.
“I didn't think that her soul was going to come for me after all of this time,” he said. He turned to look at me. I could see how hurt he was in his eyes.
“Shizuma, I don't understand,” I said. “Why is she after you? You didn't do anything to her or your mother.”
“You don't get it! It's because I exist is why she is angry!” Shizuma shouted. I shook my head.
“But that doesn't make any sense,” I said.
“It doesn't have to,” he said. “That's just how it is.” He pulled me into his eyes. Looking into that endless void of sorrow made my heart ache for him.
“What should we do?” I asked. Shizuma shook his head.
“There's nothing we can do, my love,” he said. He took me by the face.
“That's just how it is,” Shizuma said. I frowned and narrowed my eyes.
“Bullshit!” I said. He looked at me stunned.
“I don't care what she is!” I shouted. “It's not your fault! You shouldn't have to deal with what your mother did!”
“What can you do against her?” he asked.
“I don't know, but I can try!” I said. I grabbed him by the waist.
“I don't want to lose you again. We will get through this,” I said as tears formed in my eyes. “I love you so much.” He slowly reached up and pulled me into an embrace. I just started to cry. I may have sounded cool, but deep down inside I was scared. But I had to keep a brave face for the man I love. I only hoped that I could keep it up long enough for us to get back to good.
Sins of the Mother