Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 10, Chapter Seventy-Four: Shady Traps ( Chapter 74 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Shady Traps
-Shizuma-
I didn't tell Yuki how bad it really was. My past was coming in faster than I could keep up. I wasn't ready to tell him, but things have changed. I took him by the cheeks.
“Shizuma?” Yuki asked.
“There is something you have to know,” I said.
“What do you mean? What are you talking about?” he asked.
“Listen!” I shouted. He stared at me, scared. I took a breath. This wasn't helping.
“I'm sorry,” I said. “You have to listen to me. There are some---” We heard the doorbell ring from the front end of the house. Yuki and I looked up.
“Who is that?” he asked. I already didn't like the answer was heading. Yuki broke from my grasp and walked back into the house.
“No, don't!” I shouted. I ran after him into house. He was already at the front door, looking out the peep hole.
“Who is it?” he asked.
“Is Shizuma-kun here?” a man trying to sound like a woman asked. Yuki turned and looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. I quickly shook my head. Yuki slowly turned back to the door.
“Who is this?” he asked again.
“A friend,” the man said. “Is Shizuma home?” Yuki and I looked at each other.
“Uh… no?” he asked. I clinched my teeth. He could've done that better. There was a pause. I grabbed Yuki by the arm.
“What are you--?!” he began to ask. I cut him off by covering his mouth. Somehow, I already know it's too late. I froze as I turned around. He stood there in his schoolgirl uniform, grinning at me.
“There you are. So you are home,” he said. I glared at him as I held Yuki tighter to me.
“How did you find me?” I asked. That bastard smirked as he snickered.
“I just followed your auntie,” he said. My frown deepened. Of course he did. Yuki looked between us back and forth.
“Uh… who is this?” he asked. I sighed and shook my head.
“This is just a pain in my side,” I said. That asshole cleared his throat.
“I have a name, you know?” he said. That bastard glared at me.
“Say it,” he hissed. I rolled my eyes.
“Motoko,” I said. That smug jackass smirked.
“Thank you,” he said.
“What do you want?” I asked. Motoko shrugged.
“What else?” he asked. “I had to see you again.” It was a good thing Yuki's presence alone was what was keeping me together. I clutched him as tightly as I could.
“Why?” I asked.
“Shizuma, you're hurting me,” Yuki whimpered in my arms. I didn't respond. Motoko raised an eyebrow at us.
“This your boy?” he asked. “Loosen up on him. He needs air.” I was about to speak.
“I'm home,” we heard from the doorway. We looked up to Asuka walking up to the open front door. Oh shit. I don't need this! Asuka stood with a confused look on her face.
“What's going on here?” she asked. Yuki and I didn't have an answer. Motoko bowed like a prince.
“Nice to meet you, miss,” he said. “My name is Motoko.” She looked at me with an eyebrow raised.
“This a friend of yours?” she asked.
“No!” I said.
“Yes!” he said. Asuka frowned at us.
“Whatever,” she muttered. She walked past us to her room. That's it? She isn't going to say anything? I looked over to see Motoko grinning like an idiot. I wanted to punch him so badly. Unfortunately, this was just the beginning of my headaches and the fights to keep everything together.
Everything Closing In