Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 10, Chapter Seventy-Five: Together as One ( Chapter 75 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Together as One

It just keeps on piling up. How are they all keeping it together? Yuki looked up at his boyfriend.

“Shizuma?” he asked.

“What?” the demon asked. Yuki frowned.

“Why is it like this?” he asked.

“I don't know,” Shizuma said. He looked at the mirror across the room. Yuki had his head on his lap.

“What are we going to do?” he asked. The demon didn't have an answer. When did this go so complicated? Shizuma looked down.

“Hm?” he asked.

“Don't leave me,” Yuki said. The demon patted his hair.

“I won't,” he said. That didn't sound too convincing. What else could he do? Yuki needed him. And to be honest, Shizuma needed him too. The demon buried his fingers in the boy's hair. What were they going to do indeed?

“It's not going to be easy,” Shizuma said.

“Shizuma…” Yuki said.

“Can you handle it?” the demon asked. He looked deep into his eyes.

“I don't know,” Yuki said. “But I am going to try.” Shizuma's hand paused in his hair.

“That might not be enough,” he said. His heart turned in his chest.

“I will try,” his boyfriend said.

“You might have to do more than that,” Shizuma said. Yuki reached up to touch his cheek. The demon took his hand. He pushed it down by his side.

“I'm serious,” Yuki said.

“I know,” his boyfriend said. “But it's going to take more than trying. The last thing I want is for you to get killed through all of this.”

“Killed? Where is this coming from?” I asked. Shizuma looked so grim.

“You don't know how bad it is,” he said. His boyfriend gave him an odd look.

“Who? Motoko?” he asked. Shizuma shook his head.

“There are others,” he said. “I wish it was just him.” Yuki gave him an odd look.

“What do you mean?” he asked. The demon sighed and shook his head.

“I guess I can't keep it from you anymore,” he said. The question was where to begin.

“Before I tell you, do you promise to stay by me no matter what,” Shizuma said. Yuki gave him a serious look. The boy narrowed his eyes and frowned.

“Yes,” he said. Shizuma lowered his shoulders. Part of him wanted to believe him. But still…

“Fine,” he said. “I will believe you for now.” Yuki held up his hand.

“Wait,” he said. Shizuma narrowed his eyes.

“What? Are you backing out on me?” he asked. Yuki shook his head.

“No, of course not,” he said. “I just want you to promise me one thing.” The demon raised an eyebrow.

“What?” he asked. Yuki a deadpan look on his face. He reached over for Shizuma's hand. The demon didn't even try to pull away.

“Promise me that you won't abandon me again,” he said.

“Yuki…” he said.

“I'm serious!” Yuki said. “If I am going to promise that I am going to stay with you, you have to do the same for me.” His boyfriend didn't response. Yuki gritted his teeth.

“Answer me,” he said. Shizuma clutched his hand back.

“Fine,” he said. “I promise.” Yuki closed his eyes.

“Thank you,” he said.

“Yes, yes,” Shizuma said. Okay, no more stalling with it.

“I'm going to start from the beginning with this,” he said. “It all started before I was born…”

Together Forever