Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 10, Chapter Seventy-Six: Prom Night ( Chapter 76 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prom Night

It was the student council's idea. Prom was mostly an American thing. However, it was starting to spread to other countries. This one school was willing to try it out. The students had mixed options about this. Yuki's interests were peaked.

“Will you go to prom with me?” he asked Shizuma. The demon gave him an odd look.

“What?” he asked. Yuki had a doe-eyed look on his face.

“What is prom?” Shizuma asked.

“A big party,” the boy explained. “At the school.” The demon still looked confused.

“Why?” he asked. Yuki shrugged.

“Just because,” he said. His boyfriend wrinkled his nose.

“Well, that's stupid,” he said.

“Could be fun,” Yuki said. Shizuma rolled his eyes. His boyfriend looked at him like a sweet little puppy.

“Please? Be my date?” he asked. The boy still kept smiling at him. His boyfriend rolled his eyes.

“Fine, whatever,” he muttered. Yuki squealed and hugged him wildly.

“Thanks, Shizuma! You're the best!” he shouted. Shizuma patted him on the back of his head.

“Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled. “Whatever.”

----------

The school slowly picked up on the prom. This was outside of the norm for the students and staff. Still, the student council was going to make this work.

Come Friday, they were busy decorating the gym. Pink and red hearts were everywhere. Stars hung from the ceiling. There had to be about… over a hundred balloons in the gym. The party would begin around six o'clock. Yuki straightened up Shizuma's tie.

“There,” he said. “You look great.” They looked at each other in the mirror.

“I look stupid,” Shizuma said.

“Aw! Don't say that,” his boyfriend said. “You look hot.” Yuki leaned his head on his shoulder. The demon frowned.

“Yeah, yeah, let's just get this over with,” he said. The doorbell rang.

“Oh, that's Annette,” Yuki said. “Coming!” The boy hurried over to the door. He perked up as he opened it. Yuki was stunned at what he saw. Annette stood in the doorway dressed in a long champagne pink dress. Katsuya was on her arm.

“Yo!” he said with a wave.

“Katsuya? What are you doing here?” Yuki asked.

“I'm her date, of course!” he said. Annette nervously laughed.

“I'm sorry,” she said. “I should've told you.” Yuki quickly shook his head.

“No, no! It's fine, really! I don't mind, really!” he said. Shizuma walked towards the door.

“Oh, are you two a thing now?” he asked. Katsuya and Annette's faces turned bright red. She pressed her lips together.

“Uh… Well… Uh…” Katsuya said.

“Oh there everyone is!” the teenagers heard behind them. Everyone looked up to see Asuka walking down the stairs with a camera in her hand. Yuki's face dropped.

“Don't tell me you're going to—” he said.

“Did you think I was going to let you slip out of here without me getting a couple of pictures first?” Asuka asked. Her grin sent chills down her brother's spine.

“You're joking,” Shizuma said. Asuka shot him a sharp look.

“She's not,” Yuki said under his breath.

“Everyone gather in together,” Asuka said as she held up her camera. Yuki, Shizuma, Annette, and Katsuya crowded together in the picture.

“Great,” the older sister said. “Now say cheese.”

“Cheese!” everyone said.

Click.

Asuka had to take four more pictures. Yuki forced himself to smile.

“Can we go now?” he asked. His sister lowered her camera.

“Okay, you can go now. Enjoy your night,” Asuka said. “Enjoy your night!” Yuki forced himself to grin as he rolled his eyes. Annette and Katsuya were the first one out of the house. Yuki and Shizuma followed behind. The demon held his boyfriend's hand. Yuki began to feel a little bit better. He even started to smile a little. Tonight was going to be worth it.

----------

-Present Day-

“I used to have a master once,” Shizuma spoke up. Yuki sat up next to him.

“What does that mean?” he asked. His boyfriend steadied himself for the full story.

Night of Youth