Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 10, Chapter Seventy-Eight: Come Out Now ( Chapter 78 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Come Out Now

-Yuki-

We were outed a month before graduation. I am still trying to piece together how that happened. I think it was because of a stupid blog. I don't know. Annette showed it to me.

“Yuki, look!” she said.

“How?” I asked. She showed me her phone. I narrowed my eyes at first.

“What is this?” I asked.

“Scroll down,” Annette said. I pressed on the down button. I ran as I scrolled down. I froze at the first picture I saw. What the hell? Shizuma and I were near the garden in this photo. Our eyes were covered up with black bars but I knew it was us. We were kissing. I turned to Annette.

“When was this taken?” I asked.

“I don't know,” she said. I noticed the pale look on her face. My own face went flat.

“There's more, isn't there?” I asked. Annette's eyes shifted away from me.

“Scroll down,” she said. I raised my eyebrow. Against my better judgement, I started scrolling down more. Six whole pictures of us. All them Shizuma and me. I scrolled up to the top. My stomach dropped.

“Love.Cupid.Gossip?” I asked. I looked up at Annette.

“What the hell is this?” I asked.

“Some gossip love blog,” she said. I struggled to speak, but nothing came out. The phone started to slip out of my hand. I sank to my knees.

That was only the beginning.

By Monday, everyone kept staring at us. Some of them were whispering about us. I could tell. I glanced over to Shizuma. He has no emotion on his face.

“They keep staring at us,” I whispered. Shizuma grunted as he kept his eyes forward. My stomach turned. How could be so calm? I envied him in a way. Who's been spying on us? What do they get out of doing that?

“Yuki! Shizuma!” someone yelled. Everyone turned to see Toyota flagging us down. My breath caught in my throat. I could tell what was coming next. Our friend lowered his arm and raced over to us.

“Hey,” he said.

“What do you want?” Shizuma asked. Toyota held up his phone.

“You guys are famous,” he said. It took one look at the screen to make it worse. There was another picture of Shizuma and me. This time, we were on the roof of the school. It looked like it was taken from behind. Almost like someone was spying on us. I thought that I was going to throw up.

“What the hell? Who is doing this?” I asked in a whisper. Toyota shrugged and shook his head.

“I don't what to tell you, man,” he said. I heard a low growl next to me. I whipped my head around. Shizuma's nostrils were flared as his face turned bright red.

“Shizuma?” I asked. He grabbed me by the hand.

“What are you doing?!” I yelled. Shizuma held me close his body. He moved so fast that he nearly knocked Toyota to the ground. He about cursed as he regained his balance.

“Alright everyone!” he shouted. “Yes! Yuki and I are dating! You can all stop staring now! Happy?” The whole hall became silent. I looked up at him and my cheeks turned red. What? Did I just hear that right? I clung to Shizuma as tightly as I could. He didn't bother to push me off.

“Move it!” he shouted. “There's nothing to see!” Shizuma growled at the crowd. Everyone quickly hurried away, pretending not to see a thing. He turned his attention on me.

“You alright?” he asked. I slowly nodded. I must have had a stupid look on my face because then he leaned down and kissed me on the lips quickly. I didn't get time to react when he pulled away. I barely heard him say, “Come on let's go.” My head was spinning as I was dragged away to class. I don't think that I could focus at all that morning. When it became clearer, I felt like I was going to fly away. We were out now? We were out now. You have no idea how happy I was. That was one less thing to worry about. Now we could be an (almost) normal couple. (There would be other problems later, but that's neither here nor there.)

And that was my coming out story.

Coming Out