Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 11, Chapter Eighty-Four: One Wish ( Chapter 84 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

One Wish

Days before graduation, there was a special project. The teacher stood at the head of the class.

“Okay, everyone,” he said. “Take out a sheet of paper and write down one wish that you have for the future.” The class broke into chatter.

“You can't be serious,” one classmate said.

“Yes,” the teacher said, nodding. The class groaned.

“Now, now,” their teacher said. “I only ask this of you because you will be graduating in a few days. Take this as a moment to think of what you want to do now with your life. Hey, you might look back and see if it came true or not.” Sounded a bit childish. But he was intent on doing this. They could at least humor him for a bit.

It didn't take them long to get right to work. They all had some good wishes too. Most them were to get into a good school, have their crush reciprocate their feelings, getting their dream career, and to have a bright future. The catch was that they couldn't write their names on the paper. Yuki and his friends had their own wishes to write down.

Toyota: To have Ayeka be my girlfriend.

Katsuya: For Annette to have all of her dreams come true.

Annette: For Katsuya and all of my friends to be happy.

Sasuke: For Minako to be my girlfriend.

Dave: To get into Todai.

Minako: To get into my dream school.

Yuki: To have Shizuma open up to me.

Interestingly enough, Shizuma didn't write a wish down. He turned in a blank piece of paper. Why did he do this? Only Shizuma knew the answer to that. Just another one of his secrets to himself. By the end of class, everyone put their wishes in a box.

“Thank you so much,” the teacher said. At the time, the students didn't see the point to this exercise. They just thought it was a teacher being sentimental to a graduating class. But what if there was a presence listening to every wish they had on their minds? Then what would happen? Maybe some miracles could happen. Or maybe…

I Wish…