Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 12, Chapter Eighty-Nine: Never Letting Go ( Chapter 89 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Never Letting Go

-Shizuma-

I don't know what is going on with him nor can I get rid of him. I might as well keep him around. I do love him, but he just doesn't understand.

How do we get out of here?

“I have no idea,” I said. I looked up around us. There was nothing but darkness. I had a feeling who was behind this.

“Hey, Yuki,” I said.

Yes?

“Can you move any part of your body?” I asked.

No.

I held his hand. “You have to try. Move one of your fingers.”

I can't.

“You have to try. It's the only way we're going to get out of here. Now try to move your fingers.” I watched him as he lay floating in front of me. I tried my best to keep it together on the outside. I heard him speaking in my mind.

“What?” I asked. I could see him staring at me.

Do you really love me?

I looked confused. “What are you talking about?”

Please! Tell me the truth.

“Yuki, where is all of this coming from?” I noticed the tears forming in his eyes. Aw, here we go again.

“Yes!” I shouted. “I love you!”

Then why did you leave me?

“I had to keep you safe from my mother!” It hurt to say it out loud.

What? I thought you said she was dead?

“She is dead.” I paused as I looked down at Yuki's hand.

“I think that a piece of her remains.” I didn't have to look at his face to know what he was thinking. I sighed and lowered my head.

“I don't know how to explain it either,” he said. “It's just a hunch.”

So what do we do?

“Huh?” I asked.

About us? Are we getting back together? How do we get out of here? Do you want to have a future with me?

I frowned. “Why are you asking me these questions now?” The desperate look in his eyes made it worse. Even if I said no, he wouldn't let me go. Even if I tried to go as far away to protect him, he would still track me down. I tightly held his hands.

“Listen, we will talk about all of this when we get out of here,” I said. “But first, we have to get out of here. In order to do that, you have to try and move your fingers.” I noticed a spark of hope in his eyes.

Do you really mean it?

I sighed and dropped my shoulders. “Yes. We'll talk about everything until you are blue in the mouth. Now can you please try to move your fingers?”

Okay

I looked down at his hand. It took a few moments, but Yuki was able to move his right pinky finger.

I'm doing it! I'm really doing it! I can move my finger.

“Very good,” I said. “Now we have to try and get the rest of you to move.” We didn't get the chance to work on the rest of his problems. Because Yuki vanished in front of me and I vanished before I could say a word.

To Be Continued…