Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 12, Chapter Ninety: Blue Light Heaven Maze ( Chapter 90 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blue Light Heaven Maze

-Yuki-

When I opened my eyes, I could see nothing but black glass around me. I could tell that I was alone. But I can at least move again. I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out. I still didn't have a voice. I took a look around. Where was I?

Laughter made me turn my head.

“Who's there?” I asked. More laughing filled the room. Only, I didn't think I was in a room. Either way, I didn't want to stay here. I turned and started running. It didn't matter where I was going. I had to get out of here. I had to find Shizuma again. There was still so much that we needed to talk about.

As I ran, I heard her voice again.

“I was wise enough to let you lead me to him,” she said. I shut my eyes.

Shut up!

“Why? Because you don't want to face the obvious?”

I gritted my teeth. I won't listen to her. I have to keep going. I closed my eyes and tried to ignore my reflection on either side of me.

“What is even the point? It's not going to end well for you both. You're a human and he's a demon. You will die before he does and that's if he even does.”

I pushed myself to keep going. Stay out of my head. Stay out of my head. Don't focus on her. You have to get back to Shizuma.

“You know, something? I have to wonder what drew him to you in the first place.”

I froze. I shook my head. Don't fall for it. She's just trying to mess with your head. Don't let her get to you. I peeked out in front of me. Which way should I go? I looked left and right.

“Come on. Why won't you say something?”

I am on to you. Why do you hate your own son so much? There was a pause as I made my choice. I kept my eyes down as I kept walking.

My son? My son?! How dare you! That monster isn't my son?!

I heard footsteps running up behind me. I shook my head. I won't fall for it.

You aren't real! You can't hurt me. Through all of this, I wouldn't stop moving. I could only rely on my ears as I kept running. I didn't know where I was going. Did this maze even have an end? I couldn't tell. There was only one thing on my mind.

I just hoped that Shizuma was going to be okay.

---------

-Shizuma-

I don't remember what happened. All I know was that Yuki was starting to move again and we got separated. That was probably her doing. I didn't want to think about what all she could be doing to him. Still, there was something that greatly confused me.

That couldn't be my mother. Sure, I don't remember much about her. But she wouldn't be cold to me like that.

“Pi-pon! Pi-pon!” I heard in my head. I whipped around. Huh? What the hell?!

“Motoko?” I asked. “What hell are you doing here? How did you get here?”

“There's no time for that!” he said. “Your boy is in trouble. You have to find him.”

“Yuki?” I asked.

“Yes!” he shouted. “She's got him trapped. You have to get him out. Why did you even draw him to you?” I frowned as I puffed up my cheeks.

“I don't know!” I shouted. “How do I even know that it's really you and not another one of her games?”

“Does it matter?” he asked.

“Well, yes,” I said. “I don't want to walk into a trap.” I heard him groan aloud.

“Whatever,” he said. “You better get a move on. You don't want her to kill him, do you?” I felt myself standing up. (I didn't even know that I was sitting on the ground.) He didn't have to tell me twice. Still, there was something that I had to check.

“Okay, if you're so smart, then where is he?” I asked. Just as I predicted, silence.

“Heh,” I said to myself. Looked like I had the answer to how I was going to solve this. I turned and started running down my own path.

---------

-Yuki-

I don't know how long I have been walking and running, but I know that I can't stop. I have to find him and get out of here.

Suddenly, I paused. Wait… Is that singing? Why do I feel so sleepy all of a sudden? The last thing I remembered was falling and everything going black.

The Way Out