Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 12, Chapter Ninety-Two: Rage Queen ( Chapter 92 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rage Queen

-Shizuma-

There's been something that has been bothering me. Something feels familiar about her now that I think about it. I have been trying to connect the dots. It didn't make sense at first. But now…

My eyes shifted left and right in the darkness. I know that I am not alone in here. I still can't find Yuki. But I know that she's here. Frankly, I'm getting tired of this.

I stopped in place.

“Where are you?” I asked. “I know you're here.” I didn't know how I was going to do this. I would just have to wing it.

“Come on,” I said. “I just want to talk.” I strained my ears to listen. If only I can see where I was.

Suddenly, someone grabbed me by the shoulder. I whipped my head around. I turned and reached out in the darkness. I fought down a wave of shock. Flesh. I was grabbing flesh. My nails sank into cold skin. Wait, this could work in my favor.

“I've got you now!” I shouted. “Now tell me who you really are!” A pulsing wave ripped through my body. My arm went stiff as images flashed through my head.

----------

I felt so warm. A pair of gentle arms surrounded my body. Why did I feel so small? My ears caught onto someone… singing? So gentle. So calming. I felt like I was going to sleep. The voice started talking to me. I couldn't make out what it was saying. A pair of lips pressed against my forehead. Funny. Why do I…?

A sharp cold ripped through my small body. (Wait, when was I small?) Crying rang in my ears. It sounded like I was crying. Crying like a baby. It hurts. Needles sting into my arms and legs. I heard a woman wailing overhead.

“You did this to me!” she cried. “Now you have to feel my pain!” What was she talking about? I didn't do anything to her! I don't even know who this was. A small hand smacked me across the cheek. I bit down on my lower lip, repressing the urge the scream. I ripped open my eyes. Enough of this. I'm not going to play her games anymore. I drew in a deep breath.

“Enough!” I tried to shout. Only, it wasn't with my mouth. The voice came out with my mind. Still, I wasn't going to back down. Not this time. The grip in my arms wouldn't let up. I wasn't going to scream. That woman was not going to get the satisfaction.

The fangs sank deeper into my arms. I clenched my teeth, but I wouldn't scream. I was doing this to find answers. I was doing this to get home. I was doing this for Yuki.

“You will never see him again!” she yelled in my face. I tried not to show any emotion. I wasn't going to let her fuck with me like that.

“You will not lay a hand on him,” I growled. I was able to move my right index finger.

“Who the hell are you?” I asked. “Answer me!” She growled at me. A larger hand smacked me across the face. I growled and spat in her face.

“You fiend of brat! You little bastard!” she screamed. “My sister should've drowned you when she had the chance! But no!” I froze.

“Wait… what did you say?” I asked. I looked straight into her eyes. Somehow in that rage, I saw a sorrow that I didn't know existed.

“You killed my sister!” she shouted. “You shouldn't be alive!” A hand grasped around my neck. These sad and angry eyes locked onto me.

“Now you will suffer her pain!” she yelled. Sharp nails dug into my neck. It was then I realized who I was really dealing with.

----------

I snapped back into reality. There was only one thought on my mind.

“I know who you really are,” I said. Her grip loosened from around my body. In an instant, a girl about fourteen years old with long black hair and pale skin appeared in front of me. She looked so frail in her robes. I clicked my tongue.

“I knew it,” I said to myself.

To Be Continued…