Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 12, Chapter Ninety-Three: Darling Sister ( Chapter 93 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Darling Sister

There was someone else in the past. She's mostly hidden in the back. Kumiko once had someone she loved. But a demon took her away. That she could not forgive. The young girl wanted her revenge on her sister's disgrace.

Let me back up some.

Yes, Shizuma's mother had a sister. The girls were rather close. Their mother died when they were small. Their father did their best but the old story of illness came into the picture. It didn't take long for him to die too. The girls were alone after that. Sure, their village took care of them, but it was out of pity.

But was this true?

She doesn't remember anymore, but she still loved her sister. The White Lady heard her pain and sought her out.

Shizuma shook his head with tears in his eyes.

“Auntie,” he said.

“Don't call me that!” she snapped.

“No,” Shizuma said. “You're right. You aren't her.” The demon reached out for the White Lady's chest. Small cuts covered his arm, but that didn't stop him.

“No! Stop! Get back! Stop! Stop!” she shouted. Shizuma kept reaching forward.

But then he froze.

-----------

Kumiko can barely remember her sister anymore. She couldn't see her face. Her voice sounded so distant. She can't even see the shape. That's what happened when you have nothing but time and hate fuel you. Kumiko might not even exist anymore. There are still traces floating around. They are the only thing that is keeping the White Lady going.

However that might not be the case anymore.

Kumiko is desperate. Only one thing runs through her head.

I don't want to die.

But she can't let go of her desire for revenge. It's so ironic, really. The only thing that is driving her is killing her from the inside. She's trapped and in pain.

She isn't the only one who knows.

Shizuma's fingertips went for her heart. He looked up and noticed the tears in the White Lady's eyes. He could see something deep inside of her.

“Please… I don't want to die,” she whimpered.

“You are not her,” Shizuma whispered. Tears filled his eyes as he shook his head. The demon began to feel his heart beginning to ache.

Shizuma!

His eyes widened as he felt his heart jump.

“Yuki?” he asked.

“Don't be fooled!” someone yelled out to him.

“What?” Shizuma asked as he turned around. Suddenly, everything turned a hazy white.

--------

“Nee-san?” a child Kumiko asked. An older girl paused at the door. She turned and saw the little girl standing in the other doorway. The older girl tilted her head.

“What are you doing up?” she asked. The child yawned and rubbed her eyes.

“Where are you going?” she asked. Her older sister smiled as she walked over to the little girl. She knelt down in front of Kumiko.

“I will be right back,” she whispered. “I promise.” The older girl kissed the child on her forehead before walking out of the house. She was already gone before Kumiko could say a word.

“Nee-san!” she shouted in a whisper as the door slid closed. Ever since that night, her sister would never be the same.

She would blame him.

Dear Sister in Mourning