Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 12, Chapter Ninety-Four: Enough is Enough ( Chapter 94 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Enough is Enough

Shizuma looked around in the endless blinding light. His ears were still ringing. He could barely see out of his left eye.

“Can you hear me?” someone asked behind him. The demon froze. He frowned.

“Oh, it's you,” he said. Motoko chuckled and grinned. Shizuma had a confused look on his face.

“What the hell are you doing here?” he asked. The other demon threw up his hands and sighed.

“I felt that something was off,” he said. “Just had to come by and look at what's going on.” Shizuma frowned at him. Was this guy serious?

“Anyway,” Motoko said. “You need to take your lover boy and get out of here.”

“I know that. What do you think I have been doing?” Shizuma asked.

“Well, I can help you,” the other demon said. He held out his hands.

“Do you even know where Yuki is now?” Motoko asked. Shizuma drew his mouth closed. He had been so focused on the White Lady that he lost track of Yuki.

“Can you even sense him anywhere?” the other demon asked. Shizuma closed his eyes and took a listen. His worst fears were confirmed.

“No,” he said. “I can't feel him anywhere.”

“I knew it!” Motoko said.

“Enough with the crap,” Shizuma said. “How are you going to get us out of here?” Motoko took him by the hands.

“Oh honey, I can't do that,” he said. Shizuma was about to speak when Motoko held up his right hand.

I can't get you out,” he said. “You are going to have to do that yourselves. I'm just here to help you get back to Yuki and deal with her.” Shizuma narrowed his eyes.

“Why?” he asked. Motoko blinked at first.

“Why what, Shizuma-kun?” he asked. The demon cut him a cold glare as he pulled back.

“Why are you doing this?” he asked. “Why are you helping us?” Motoko gave him a goofy grin.

“Does there have to be a reason?” he asked.

“Yes,” Shizuma said. The other demon shrugged.

“I just want to,” he said. “Plus, I would rather shoot myself in the foot than to let her kill you.” Motoko grinned like the Joker. Shizuma sneered as he frowned.

“And how are you going to do that?” he asked. Motoko tapped the side of his nose.

“Come along and you shall see,” he said. He held out his hand again.

“Come on,” he said. “Hold my hand.” Shizuma sighed and rolled his eyes. He held out his hand.

“Okay,” Motoko said. He closed his eyes and started chanting. A ring of black fire opened around their feet. Shizuma looked around at the ground. Motoko threw back his head and began chanting. A soft buzzing surrounded them. Shizuma's lower jaw started to ache. Still, he wouldn't let go. All he could think about was Yuki.

“Do you love him?” Motoko asked.

“How?” the other demon asked. His rival had his head back with his eyes closed.

“Do you love Yuki?” he asked. “You have to be honest. It's the only way that this spell could work.” Shizuma didn't have to think about that.

“Yes!” he said. “I love him! I'm tired of pushing him away. I want… I want…” The demon squeezed Motoko's hands as tightly as he could. Blood started to trail down the other demon's skin.

“I want to have a future with him!” he shouted. The air sucked the words out of his mouth. Shizuma looked up to see Motoko smiling at him with his eyes rolled back into his head.

“Then go to him,” he said. “I will show you the way.” He put his hand to Motoko's chest. Shizuma's body disappeared into a cluster of lights. The other demon chuckled and tossed them into a hole of rainbow lights opening up where Shizuma stood. He blew over the hole. He smiled as the hole closed up.

“Good luck, Shizuma-kun,” he said. However, Motoko knew that his work wasn't done. He was going to try and break the wheel for his rival. The demon put his hands up in the air. He started to chant to himself. Cherry blossom petals started to fly up from around his feet. Motoko smiled as his eyes returned. The demon vanished into thin air.

Breaking the Wheel