Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 12, Chapter Ninety-Five: Yuki's Circle ( Chapter 95 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yuki's Circle

-Yuki-

I am loved. It didn't use to be like this. In one year, my life changed. Sometimes, I think that it's a dream. I could feel myself smiling.

What a couple of years it's been.

It used to be just my sister and me. I was alone and depressed. Even with Annette around, I still felt lonely. It didn't help that I was being bullied. Zen and his gang made freshman year a living hell. I would try to avoid them to the best of my ability. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't. Honestly, Shizuma saved my life that day.

I think I was laughing to myself.

Since then, my life got better. I don't know how I got lucky. Before all of that, Annette came into my life. She did her best to protect me. But she had to take care of her grandmother. I did help her in return. Her grandma was rather nice to me. She thought we were a couple for some reason.

“I am so happy that you found a nice young man,” she said one day. I remember that day. It was so awkward that Annette and I couldn't even look at each other. I don't think Annette ever told her the truth. It was probably for the best.

Sure, she's going to be in America for a long time. But she deserves to be happy and live her life. I will be fine without her. Besides, we can still call and email each other.

My right pinky began to move.

Asuka has been supportive of my relationship with Shizuma. To be honest, I was scared of how she was going to take it. When she said that he could stay, I don't think I could've been happier. Since then, she been on our side of the relationship. She's been there all of my life. I don't know what I would do without her.

My left pink started to move.

Shizuma became my everything. He was the one who saved me from Zen and his goons. Shizuma was the first one to help build me up. I don't know what I would do without him. I can't picture a future without him.

I shook my head at that mental image.

Hey, I'm starting to move. I have to keep thinking about people I care about. Okay, there's Shizuma. He has his flaws like not opening up to me. But he's always been there for me. He's gotten it into his head that I won't leave him. This is going to sound lame, but I am going to say it anyway. Shizuma maybe a demon, but he's my angel.

My hands started to move.

Then there are my friends. Oh boy. Where do I begin? I don't know how they found me or why they hang around. But it's nice. Shizuma and Annette have grown to accept and welcome them. Toyota was the first one to come to me. He asked me how to win over a girl. I didn't know how to help him but he was so desperate. I had no choice but to help. Since then, we have been close.

I could move my hands and feet.

Oh, there's Katsuya. His jokes brighten up my day. No more how lame they were, I would laugh. I can see what Annette sees in them. Oh yeah, they are dating now. I'm so happy for them. Toyota is finally Ayeka. There's Sasuke and Dave. They're pretty good guys. They've been there for me too. Sasuke helped me be a little more sociable to others outside of our group. (He tried but his success was more fifty-fifty. That boy never gave up on me though.) Dave might be weird, but he's a really cool guy at heart. Sasuke is dating Minako now. I think Dave's the only single on in the group. He might find someone one day.

My arms and legs could move now.

But we're all going away from high school. We've all graduated. We're all changing. We will all grow up and adults soon. We might lose contact with each other. Somehow, we're going to be okay. I know that we will somehow be friends forever. I will have Shizuma by side as well. I don't know if we're going to be okay, but I am going to have to try.

The last string holding me place snapped and I could move again. I sat up and took a breath.

“I'm free,” I said. I about jumped as I covered my mouth. I could talk. I could talk again!

“Yuki!” I heard behind me. I turned my head and my heart jumped in my chest.

“Shizuma!” I shouted. It was really him. My love was floating towards me in the endless bright light. I got up and flew over to him. We kissed and held hands when we met in the middle.

I am loved. Remembering all of this gave me the strength to get out of this prison and face what the future could throw at us.

All the Love in the World