Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 12, Chapter Ninety-Six: Our Remains ( Chapter 96 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Our Remains

“I want to go home.”

“So do I.”

“Do you want to go home with me?”

“Of course I do.”

“Do you love me?”

“Yes.”

“Do you mean that?”

“Yes! Why are you crying?”

“You have no idea how happy that makes me.”

“Yeah, yeah. You're still a crybaby as ever.”

“I'm so sorry.”

“Yeah, yeah.”

“So how are we going to get out of here? Do you have a plan?”

“I do have pieces of one.”

“Huh? What does that mean?”

“Well… I did get a little help from the outside.”

“Help from where?”

“Never mind. Listen to me. She's going to be coming here.”

“What?”

“There is one thing that I have to do. I can't let this go on anymore.”

“Please don't leave me!”

“I won't have to. Motoko is going to lead her here to us.”

“What?! Motoko's here?”

“Yes, yes. I know. We'll talk later.” The boys paused. Shizuma took a listen as he covered Yuki's mouth.

“She's here,” he whispered. His boyfriend froze. Shizuma squeezed his hand and turned around. A giant rip in the white opened up. The White Lady came barging in with a face fill of rage. Her eyes locked on Shizuma.

“You!” she shouted. The demon squeezed Yuki's hand as he stepped forward.

“I am sorry,” he said in a soft voice. The White Lady froze.

“What did you say?” she asked. Shizuma stepped forward.

“I want to say that I am sorry, auntie,” he said. The White Lady, no, Kumiko took a step back.

“Don't call me that!” she snapped. “You… You… murderer!” She lunged forward to attack but Shizuma stepped out of the way.

“I am so sorry,” he said with tears in his eyes. Yuki hung back with his heart aching for his lover. Still, he could not interfere. This was Shizuma's final monster to battle. The demon held out his arms.

“I am sorry and…” he said. He pulled a screaming Kumiko into his arms. The demon held her to his chest.

“I forgive you!” he said. Kumiko tried to fight him off but he wouldn't let up. She finally gave up and started sobbing. Uncle and nephew stood crying until she started to dissolve away into white dust. Shizuma breathed out as he sank to his knees. Yuki ran over and put his hand on his shoulder. His boyfriend looked up.

“Did I do good?” he asked.

“Yes,” Yuki said in a soft voice. Soft rumbling filled the air.

“Hey!” someone yelled at them. The couple looked up to see Motoko flying towards them. He held out his arms to them.

“Listen, this shape is going to collapse around us. So unless you want to be tapped here, let's go!” he said. Yuki nodded.

“Right,” he said. He pulled Shizuma to his feet and dragged him to the other demon. They grabbed onto Motoko's hands.

“Okay! Here we go!” Motoko shouted. He closed his eyes and started to chant. Another circle black flames opened underneath them. They shot up and the trio vanished into thin air.

---------

-Six Months Later-

The friends are adjusting to college. They all managed to keep in touch when they could. The boys made it work between two continents. Yuki pulled out his phone. He just hoped that he was calling at a right time.

“Hello?” Annette asked on the other line.

“Annette! How have you been?” Yuki asked.

“Yuki! It's so good to hear from you!” she said. “I missed you so much. I am doing great. How is everyone?”

“Good,” he said. “Katsuya won't shut up about seeing you over winter break.” Annette laughed.

“I can't wait to see him either,” she said. “And how are you and Shizuma doing?” Yuki couldn't help but smile as he looked next to him. Shizuma lay sound asleep next to him.

“Great,” Yuki said. “We're doing great. Asuka has a boyfriend now.” There was a pause on the other line.

“Are you serious?” Annette asked.

“Yeah,” Yuki said. “I met him the other day. He's really nice. A bit awkward, but really nice.”

“That's good to hear,” she said. The boy fell back onto his bed with the phone to his ear. Yuki turned his head and blew a kiss at Shizuma as Annette kept talking about her week at school. The demon's eyes slowly fluttered open. Yuki gave him a little smile.

“Good morning,” he mouthed. Shizuma smiled back and reached for Yuki's hand. His boyfriend held it back. Maybe this future wouldn't be so bad.

Fin