Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ One Of Those Times You Wish You'd Stayed Indoors ❯ Signs From The Gods Don't Really Mean You'll Be Safe Or Believed If You Share Your New Knowledge ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I followed the fence for a few more miles. What was left of the pilgrimage had been out of my sight for a couple hours. I had reached the end of the fence and was back in the jungle again. I was probably a little more fed up and aggravated at myself than I was scared. I didn't feel that I was lost...but still. If I hadn't followed what Carrie told me to do-I wouldn't have been dirty and alone.

When I felt myself start to feel drowned by my hatred I looked at my bare muddy toes. I noticed that I was walking on a clear-cut path. I looked up to try and follow the path and noticed that it led to a driveway.

After following this curious dirt trail-I saw that it opened up to a granite looking building with the rest of the wooded area at it's back. I don't know what this place was but it looked like shelter. It never occurred to me that it could be a rebel strong hold or anything. I guess that was kind of stupid on my part.

Anyway, I entered. The doorway looked as if it was supposed to have double doors because of it's width...but sadly-there was nothing. I had entered with ease.

I walked into another door-less opening. There were boxes stacked so high and all over the place. It was full of crates and posters with Japanese musicians featured in them. I glanced around and saw someone dressed completely in pink. After a second glance-this man was dressed in pink leather with zebra or tiger stripes all over it. He must have been a musician-even his hair was wild and pink.

He smiled at me after I called to him for help. He seemed pleasant. I couldn't understand a blasted thing he was saying. He took out a soft wet cloth from a bucket in a corner of the room and patted my face with it.

I think he finally was able to tell that I couldn't understand him because he gave me the same disgusted look that Carrie had in the auditorium weeks ago...yeah, I was nodding too much again.

He pointed at me. I mustered up as much strength as I could and told him my name...I guess that's what he wanted to know.

He put a hand to his chest and grinned at me. "Hide. Hide." his smile was so comforting and fun loving. I didn't know who he was-I thought he was telling me to go somewhere and hide. I just stood there like an idiot and nodded.

It finally dawned on me that it might have been his name he was trying to tell me. I pointed at him. "Hide?"

He nodded.

What else could I say that he might understand? "Miyavi! Where Miyavi?!"

The funny looking man with the pink hair laughed and pointed to a hallway behind him. "Miyavi." he pointed again and nodded.

I thanked him and was off on my trek again. I looked back one more time to wave at him and saw him waving back. As I reached the entrance to the door-less hallway, I looked back one more time. He had vanished. I ran back, thinking that the rebels had found my savior...that was when I noticed the pictures on the walls. They were all of him and some other guys. The crates had no tops so I looked inside-they were all full of guitars.

I felt the urge to cry...I couldn't understand for the life of me. As soon as tears had started to fall I was back at the hallway again. I turned around one last time...to see if he would come around a corner or something...the room was completely empty. My tears subsided a little. Who or what had I just seen?

The hallway had a black floor...but there was something odd about it. There weren't any walls. The hall was more like a long old glass tunnel. I walked passed some guy rummaging through things. His hair was light brown and he had a pretty face. He seemed to be busy with something so I let him be.

I walked out of this first section and put my hands on one of the glass walls. There was nothing below this enclosed bridge...well nothing pleasant. There were snow-capped mountains below me that were barely visible through intense cloud cover.

...I was best for me to move on...I guessed.

As I walked I began to realize why this place could have been abandoned. In some areas I had to watch for holes in the floor that had dropped out due to age. I pressed myself as close to the walls as I could because some of those holes were just too big. The glass on the walls would creak and shift against my body. I came to a point where the glass wall had buckled in on itself. I threw myself back and leaned on the other side.

Above my head, old glowing lighting fixtures crackled and popped. They smelled like burning toast. I was beginning to feel absolutely nauseous.

After walking for what seemed like hours more-the end of the tunnel came into sight. I exited and a curious girl bumped into me. She told me not to worry. She also told me that some people wanted to talk to me. I couldn't believe that she spoke in my language.

I tried to tell her my story but she stopped me. As she covered my mouth with her hand she whispered to me that "not everyone in this pace wants to hear stories about gods and miracles"-even if I am proof that they did happen.

I nodded to her and shrugged my shoulders.

She led me into a small square shaped area where men were dressed in white and brown robes. Two torches burnt behind one elderly man. I smiled and waved, believing him to be someone important.

He asked me where I was from and how long I had been traveling. I told him everything. I told him because I felt I could say anything to him. I talked of my quest to find Miyavi and even mentioned the sign from the gods (the great hippos.)

The guy looked like he was hanging on my every word...it didn't look like he was upset at me. That's when I realized...they were rebels. I had stumbled through that rickety bridge only to end up in a rebel headquarters.

No wonder the girl had told me not to say anything about gods, and what not. I was going to die.