Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Painters love ❯ chapter one ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: It is mine! All mine I say! (evil laughter)

Author's note: This is my first attempt at the art world so tell me if I mess up. I know nothing about art to be honest. Well, anyway please enjoy.


“Is that a photo?” A passerby asked themselves looking at a poster hanging on the side of a building.

“No.” Some one said from behind. “It’s a painting.”

“Wow!” They jumped then turned. “Who?” They faced a teenage boy with auburn hair, sunglasses perched precariously on his medium length hair. “You startled me.”

“Sorry, but I overheard you.”

“Oh.”

“Well I need to get to work so if you don’t mind.” The boy motioned to the stairs behind them.

“Oh sorry.” They left.

Sighing the boy entered his apartment then his studio. ‘I feel like painting.’ Fetching a clean canvas he set it before him and let the ideas flow. His cat jumped up meowing at him. “Ok, I’ll feed you.” Going to his kitchen he feed his cat. “Hmm.” An idea struck him as he watched his cat eat.

Returning to the canvas he began a rough sketch of his cat eating adding a cute little girl bent down watching, beaming with pride. Finishing the rough sketch he began to add details. He had been perfecting his technique since he was young. Yawning he looked to the clock. ‘It’s getting late. I should get some sleep. I’ll just work some more on it at school. I have painting first so… Oh yeah that means I have class with the slacker, I can’t believe he still hasn’t turned anything in. Oh well, not my problem.’ He thought putting his things away.

Going in early the next day he took his covered canvas to his first hour. ‘I can also come here during lunch and seminar.’ He thought entering the art room. To his surprise the slacker was there, a covered canvas in his hands.

“Oh it’s you Lee.” The other boy dismissed him. “The teacher’s here somewhere in the school.” He said in a lazy manner.

“I get it.” Lee didn’t like the look of the slacker as everyone called him, what with all his peircings and messy blonde hair. “So what’s “ Lee pointed to the canvas. “that?”

“Oh well…” He blushed trailing off.

“Well what is it Slacker?”

“The name’s Devon. And it’s my project.” He snapped.

“Really? Isn’t it a week late?”

“It took me that long!” He snarled.

“Oh. Well can I see?”

“No.” Devon blushed a deeper shade. “It’s not worth it. I totally messed it up.”

“I’ll be the judge of that.” The teacher said walking in.

Frowning Devon handed over the painting. Removing the cover revealed a masterpiece of a dragon. But the colors needed work. Neither Lee nor the teacher could believe it.

“Y-you did this?” Lee swallowed.

“Yes.” Devon blushed preparing for the worst.

“Excellent, you have talent.” The teacher exclaimed swelling with pride.

“Oh no! It’s not that good.” He blushed furiously.

“I bet this kind of work would sell.” Lee ventured secretly taking a picture of it.

“Oh no, no one would want anything so hideous.”

“I see you don’t like your work.” Lee stated. ‘Must be why he worked at home.’

“You could use a little help with your colors eh?” The teacher said looking at Lee.

“I’ll help.” Lee smiled. ‘He’s not so bad up close.’

“Oh no I couldn’t impose.” It was strange for Devon to look so mean and be so gentle and humble.

“You’re working with me like it or not.” Lee stated. “Meet me after school by the gates.” He demanded.

“Okay.” Devon said pressured.

The school day wore on. Lee was anxious to get to work with his new catch. Devon on the other hand was worried Lee, the infamous playboy, was toying with him.