Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Painters love ❯ chapter two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Devon stood by the gates after school, despite his doubts.

“Hey Devon.” Lee came up smiling.

“Hi.” Devin blushed. ‘I thought he was kidding.’

“Let’s get going.” Lee lead the way. As they walked it grew quiet.

“So, uh where are we going?” Devon asked nervously.

“My place, my studio’s there.”

‘Eek! I’m going to his place!’ Devon’s mind squealed. “Oh.”

“I hope I can help you develop as an artist.” Lee smiled.

“I think I can do things myself.” Devon said causing Lee to stop suddenly. Devon not looking up from the ground didn’t see this and walked into him, falling on his butt.

“Oh sorry.” Lee offered a hand. Taking it Devon allowed him to help him up. “I guess you could. But” Lee smiled wickedly. “you’re not getting away from me.”

‘What does that mean?!’ “I can figure things out for myself.” Devon stood his ground turning to leave.

‘I see.’ “Do you have a place to work?” Lee asked turning him back around.

“No, why?” Devon gave him a confused look.

“Do you like to paint?” He pushed.

‘Where is this going?’ Devon nodded frowning.

“Then it’s settled. You’re going to share my studio.” Lee left no room for argument. Not like that ever stops anyone though.

“But-”

“No buts. I’ve already decided.” Lee placed a hand on Devon’s shoulder smiling.

“Won’t your parents get mad?”

“Why? It’s my apartment.” Lee shrugged. “Oh you don’t mind cats do you?”

“No.” Devon sighed mentally. ‘I guess it won’t be so bad to work with him.’

“Good. Cause I don’t know how Sei will take to you.” Lee grabbed his wrist and started dragging him along. They came to a stop in front of a nice looking apartment building a few feet away.

“You live here?” Devon thought of the slummy house he and his family shared.

“Yeah. It’s not bad.” Lee opened the front door to some stairs. Going all the way up they stopped at number twelve.

“Well, I like it.” Devon exclaimed. ‘Not bad! It’s great’ he thought looking at how clean the hall was. ‘Maybe I shouldn’t do this.’

“Really?” Lee smiled. “You’re not what I expected.”

‘Neither are you.’ Devon thought though he would never say it. This is as close as he got. “Well excuse me for not fitting the image the school paints of me.” Devon snidely remarked.

Lee chuckled. “I like this side. Why not show it at school?” Lee suggested smiling at Devon’s blushed cheeks.

“I-I have an image and…”

“You don’t’ know why right?” Lee let go of his wrist. “Well anyway shall we?” Lee opened the door. The entry way walls were covered in paintings. There was a short hallway with a few doors.

Looking at the paintings in awe Devon had to ask. “Did you paint all of these?”

“No. A great deal are done by Grandpa, my mentor.” Lee lead him down to the last door on the right.

“You did this one right?” Devon pointed to a swirl of colors above the door.

“Uh yeah. I did that for a project around sixth grade.” Lee blushed. “I don’t really like it.”

“I do.” Devon smiled.

“Thank you.” Lee looked away bashfully. ‘What was that? It almost felt like…’

“So what’s it called?” Devon snapped him from his thoughts.

“Well take into account I was young when I did this.” Lee warned. Devon nodded. “I called it the Colorful Abyss.” Lee blushed once more. “Well enough about that. The studio is through here. And the bathroom right here.” He pointed to the door at the end of the hall. “Don’t go anywhere else unless I say so.”

“Okay.” Opening the door Devon saw a spacious room filled with canvases. Against the back wall was a red couch with a few orange pillows and in the middle of the floor there was a table with art supplies piled haphazardly. There were a few stools and easels positioned randomly about the room. Lee continued to give insructions like don’t spill the paint, where to put things, and so on.

“So what do you thing?” Lee asked a few minutes later.

Sei, the cat, walked over to them from seemingly nowhere. Meowing he rubbed against Lee’s legs.

“Oh how cute!” Devin bent down holding out his hand. Sei rubbed against it. Devon scratched behind his ears. “You’re cute.” He stated to Sei. “And such a pure black and lovely green eyes.” He petted his back.

“You like him eh?” Lee smiled. ‘He talks to animals.’ He chuckled mentally. “So?”

“I like it.” Devon smiled faintly still petting Sei.

“Do you want to start now?”

“Uh, sure.” Devon stood up. “Do you think you could model for me?” Devon covered his mouth blushing, he bolted. Hitting the hallway.

He was caught and subdued halfway to the door. “What are you running for?”

‘I just asked my crush to model for me, why else?’ Devon’s mind screamed but he remained quiet.

“If you’re just going to sit cutely like that I’m going to…kiss you.” He is known as the school’s playboy after all.

‘Huh? What?’ Devon snapped back to reality with a blush across his cheeks. “What are you talking about?” Devon yelled.

“Oh so you can talk. So why were you running?” Lee ignored his confused reaction.

“I-I was embarrassed.” Devon’s blush darkened.

“Oh how cute!”

“Stop it!” Devon felt like running again.

Seeing this Lee grabbed his shoulders. “Oh no you don’t. You’re staying the night.”

“What!” Devon cried.

“You can borrow some of my clothes.” Lee smiled his wicked smile.

“You’re not giving a choice are you?” He was catching on. Devon sighed. “Alright. But where will I sleep?”

“My couch is a foldout.” Lee grinned in victory.

“You’re not what I thought either.” Devon sighed.

“Really? How so?”

“You’re pushier.” Devon grinned.

‘Bad thought.’ Lee got up helping Devon up with him. “Let’s get started.”

“Sure.” Devon thought a moment.

“Do you want me to model now?”

“No, not yet.” Devon frowned. “Could you help me with my colors though?”

“Sure.” Thus Lee explained how to create vibrate colors. After setting Devon up at an easel he got out his own work and began to continue sketching.