Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Painters love ❯ chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Devon began on his sketch. A few minutes later you could see the outline of a body. An hour later there was a clear outline of a knight, but with dragon-like features.

Stopping for a moment Lee looked over. ‘It’s good.’

“Don’t watch me. It makes me nervous.” Devon said catching him.

“Oh sorry.” Lee went back to his own work. Sometime later Lee asked if they were hungry?”

“Uh, a little.” Devon confessed as his stomach let out a loud growl.

“A little eh?” Lee went to get them some food. They ate sandwiches on the couch studio.

“Thank you.” Devon said as he took a bite.

“For what?” Lee looked at him confused.

“For offering to share a studio with me. But I don’t think I can.” Devon frowned.

“Why not?” Lee took a bite.

“Well I can afford many of the supplies. My family’s not that wealthy.” Devon blushed.

“That’s alright. Your work will support you.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Well earlier I sent a picture in an email to a gallery and they want to buy your work.” Lee shrugged. “I told you it would sell.”

“Why did you?” Devon almost dropped his food.

“Because I wanted to see if I was right.”

“I can’t believe you!” Devon sighed finishing his sandwich.

“Oh come on. It was a school project no harm done.”

“Humph!” Devon pouted.

‘He’s cute when he does that.’ “Do you want to know how much?”

“No.” Devon shook his head.

“Fine I’ll tell you.” Lee smirked.

Devon covered his ears. “I’m not listening!” ‘How dare he, and without my permission!’

“So childish.” Lee lifted one of Devon’s hands, though Devon was trying as hard as he could to keep it in place. “Your painting is worth five thousand.”

Devon stopped struggling and froze. ‘Five thousand?’ “A-are you sure?”

“Here’s the email.” Lee pulled out his cell phone and pulled up the email. “See.”

Devon saw but couldn’t believe. “Why?”

“Dragons are popular and your style uniquely beautiful. If you perfect it they’ll sell for more.” Lee shrugged putting his phone away. “We should get back to work.” He got up and approached the canvas.

“Uh Lee…” Devon followed suit.

“Yeah?” He looked over at him.

“Do you think I could improve?”

“If you try.” Lee smiled.

Sometime hours later Devon let out a yawn. “I’m tired.”

“Well it is around ten thirty.” Lee remembered something. “Oh yeah we forgot to call your parents.”

“Don’t worry they won’t care. I’m rarely ever home these days anyway.” Devon frowned. ‘That’s right I’m usually at my Aunt’s.’

“Alright. I’ll go fix up the couch.” Lee left the room. A few minutes later he returned. “The couch is ready.”

Devon was sitting on the couch asleep. Lee woke him up. “Huh? Oh.” Lee lead him to the couch. He was to groggy to notice anything.

The next morning when he awoke he was on a fold out in a pretty bare room with just a TV.

“Morning.” Lee walked in from a different room. “Here.” He was handed him some clothes. “These should fit you.”

Devon threw off the covers and went to the bathroom to change. Looking around it was plain and clean. Very clean. HE looked at the clothes a red shirt with a kanji and a pair of blue jeans. Stepping out he saw Lee was in the kitchen, from the open doorway.

“Hungry?” Lee held out a granola bar.

“Sure.” Devon came into the kitchen. “Thanks.” Devon took the food.

“We should go soon.” Lee was changing out his books. Luckily didn’t need to. Walking to school Lee began a conversation. “What’s your first class today?”

“Math.” Devon frowned. ‘Oops I don’t remember if I did the homework.’

“Hmm. I have History.” Lee stated. They reached the school shortly. “Do you have plans after school?”

“Um, yeah. I should go home.”

‘Aw man.’ Light bulb. “Can I come over?”

“You wouldn’t like it. It’s not very well…friendly.” Devon thought about the way his parents fought all the time. ‘I can barely stand it.’

“That’s okay. I’d like to inform them that you’ll be at our studio”

‘Our studio.’ It felt rather strange to hear it called that.

“until seven every week night.”

“What? Who? No when did you decide this?”

“Just now.” Lee shrugged. “So is that okay with you?”

“Shouldn’t you ask before deciding things lie that.” Devon sighed.

‘I don’t normally ask!’ Lee thought surprised at himself. “Well?”