Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Painters love ❯ chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“I guess it won’t kill me to go.” Devon rolled his eyes. ‘I can go to Aunt Elena’s afterwards.’

“Well that’s good. So where should I meet you after school?”

“Huh?” ‘Oh so he can come over.’ “Well I ride the bus so meet me by the doors.”

“I’ll be waiting.” Lee smiled almost sweetly, but anyone who knew him thought it wicked. “Well my friends are waiting so… See ya later.”

“See ya.” Devon watched him leave going over to a group of football players. ‘So that’s it.’ But he walked past them to a group of Goths. He wrapped an arm around one of the girls. ‘That must be his girlfriend.’ Devon made his way over to his friends.

“Hey Devon. I heard the teacher raving about your painting.” A tall handsome raven haired boy smiled down at him.

“When’d you hear about it, Tory?” Devon asked his best friend.

“Oh during ceramics.” Tory’s hazel eyes sparkled. “Eliza was impressed. Why can’t she like me!” He whined.

“Oh stop it!” An auburn haired beauty smacked him. She was absolutely gorgeous.

“Oh hey Eliza.” Devon greeted her.

Lee was looking over at him catching Eliza’s eye. “Why is Lee Taylor, the school playboy looking at you?” She sounded pissed. ‘And with that freaky look in his eye?’

“Oh well” Devon started to explain. “Well he saw my painting and Mr. Henry asked him to teach me about colors. So I went to his studio. And one thing lead to another”

“Oh no! You didn’t!” Eliza cried freaking.

“and now we we’re sharing a studio.”

Eliza sighed in relief.“Oh. So the teacher set this up.”

“Kinda.” Devon blushed remembering Lee’s forwardness.

“Why are you blushing dude?” Tory pointed out much to Eliza’s displeasure, she was going to ignore that fact.

“I am?” Devon felt his cheeks. “Well they don’t feel warm.”

“The bell’s ringing.” Tory saved him.

“So what are you doing after school?” Eliza batted her eyes at Devon in her daily attempt to woo him.

“Oh, Lee’s coming over.” Devon shrugged.

“What! But you won’t even allow me over!” Eliza whined.

“He’s got you whipped.” Tory sighed shaking his head. “But he’s known for getting his way.”

The thought that struck Eliza as they left her in her classroom left her in horror. ‘Nooo! He can’t have him!’ Her mind screamed rattling the cage of her anger.

“So does he mean anything by any of this?” Tory asked.

“Who knows. The reason he’s coming over is to talk to my parents.”

“About what?” They entered their classroom and took their seats.

“Oh that I’ll be at the studio every night until seven.” Devon smirked. “They won’t care and will rip him a new one if he tries to tell them that’s what’s going on.”

“True enough.” Tory chuckled.

The school day passed in a rather fast blur. Lee waited by the door for Devon after school.