Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Painters love ❯ chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Devon was surprised to see Lee waiting for him at the doors. “Um” ‘I didn’t really think he was serious.’

“So which bus do you ride?”

“Number twenty.” Devon lead him to the bus, where they were lucky to get a seat together. During the ride Lee never said a word. Devon was grateful.

“So where to from here?” Lee asked looking around as they got off the bus. What he saw around him was a slum. Most of the houses looked like they should be condemned. A few were.

“This way.” Devon lead him up to a some what nicer looking house, compared to the others. It was yellow brown, until you got closer then you could tell it used to be an off white. Opening the door there was a messy room, but not so bad as to be unlivable. “I’m home.” Devon called.

A short well kept woman came into the room. Her long hair in a tight braid hanging over her shoulder. She wasn’t to hard on the eyes either. “Where have you been?” She asked quietly.

“I stayed with a friend.”

“Who’s he?” She pointed to Lee who smiled at her.

“I’m the said friend. I’m Lee Taylor. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

“Hmm. I’m Mrs. Keller.” She looked him over. ‘This is the first time he’s actually brought anyone over.’ “So what brings you to our humble abode?” Layered in sarcasm.

“To request that your son come to our studio”

“Our? Since when has he owned anything like a studio?” She spat.

“We agree to share mine.” She nodded approving.

‘What she really doesn’t care? I thought she’d go ballistic on him. Well then again the way he’s wording things. Damn him!’

“Anyway I’ve come here to request permission for him to be there until seven every night.”

“Hmm. What do you think Honey?” She asked a man in a business suit as he came in. He was well groomed and looked to be upset.

“Sure.” He wasn’t even sure what was going on but what the hell.

“Sounds fine then.” She waved them away as she and her husband left the room.

‘What no qualms? No stipulations? No nothing? I thought Dad would at least care.’ Devon thought.

“So where’s your room?”

Devon lead him to a door covered in caution tape. “This is my room.” Opening the door revealed a spotlessly clean room. Not much to it either. A few necessities like a desk, dresser, and bed. A few commodities like a radio and a bookshelf of organized books. All very neat. A few paintings hung on the walls, all dragons.

“You do all these?” Lee asked setting his bag down with Devon’s.

“Yeah.”

“They’re good.” Lee smiled.

“Uh thanks.” Devon took a seat on his bed. “Have a seat.” He patted the bed.

Unwelcome thoughts rushed through Lee’s mind. Shaking them away Lee sat down. ‘That’s odd usually I don’t get thoughts like that.’

Devon laid back closing his eyes. ‘Here it comes.’ Across the house a yelling spat began. ‘Dad had another bad day.’

“Is it always like this?” Lee frowned inwardly. ‘Poor Devon.’

“Yeah, usually.” Devon frowned to.

Lee leaned down over him staring into his face. ‘He’s cute.’

Devon opened his eyes. They widened seeing Lee leaning over him mere inches from his face.

“So what do you do when it gets like this?”

Hot breath on his face. Devon could barely stand it. Pushing him off Devon spat hatefully. “What do you care?”

Lee rolled over sitting up. “I don’t know.” Lee said lowly.

“Is that so?” Devon chuckled. “I never thought I’d see the school playboy flustered.” Devon flashed him a smile.

“School playboy?” Lee was taken aback.

“You don’t know? Well that’s what you’re known as.”

“Why?” Lee asked totally clueless.

“Uh maybe because you love to play with people’s hearts.” Devon said snidely.

“Oh.” Lee frowned. He had never frowned so much before. “But I never date anyone.”

“That’s part of it!” Devon sighed. ‘Like the way you’re playing with me.’

‘Wait…Then he probably thinks I’m playing with him.’ Lee frowned once again. ‘Well I am…aren’t I?’

“Well anyway Lee do you want to get out of here?”

“Uh sure.” Lee smiled then frowned once again. “Where to?”

“My Aunt Elena’s.” Devon sat up.

“Where’s she live?”

“Well we’ve got to take the bus.” Devon frowned. “Is that okay?”