Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Painters love ❯ chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Something shattered across the house. “Sure. But are you sure they don’t care?”

“Nah.” Devon stood up grabbing his bag. “Let’s go.” The two took a bus. It was another quiet ride. They got there after about fifteen minutes. “It’s a short walk from here.” Devon informed him.

Lee looked around as they walked. They were surrounded by huge houses. ‘Maybe she’s rich.’

“Lee I should probably tell you she’s not my aunt.”

“Then?” Lee asked as they continued walking.

“She’s my mother. I’m not supposed to know. I overheard my parents telling a friend once. She gave me away because she was to young.”

Lee wanted to wrap his arms around him.

“I’m why they always fight.” He stopped in front of a gate a tear rolling down his cheek. ‘Why am I telling him this?’ Devon lowered his head.

Lee wiped away the tear. “It’s okay.” Lee lifted his chin to look him in the eye. ‘What’s this feeling?’ Lee smiled. “Don’t cry. They all love you, that’s what’s important.” Lee traced his lips with his thumb.

‘What’s he doing? It almost feels like he’s going to…’

“What are you doing to my nephew?” A female voice shouted.

Turning Lee saw a young woman who he guessed was Aunt Elena. Lee jumped away blushing. ‘What was I going to do?’ Lee was shocked at himself.

“Lee this is Aunt Elena.” Devon motioned to her. She was young and pretty.

“Friend of yours?”
“Yeah, this is Lee Taylor.”

“The artist, right?”

“Yeah.”

“I like your work. Are you helping Devon with his painting?” She let them in the gate and they ascended to the house.

Lee nodded.

“I kind of taught him what I could. He’s a quick study.”

“You did a good job.”

“Well, I only taught him the basics. He learned the rest on his own.”

“Hmm.”

“Stop looking at me like that.” Devon pushed Lee’s shoulder.

“Huh?” ‘I was looking at him?’

“Well here we are.” They stopped in front of a huge blue house. It was gorgeous. “Well are you going to show Lee here your artwork?”

Devon blushed shaking his head.

“I want to see it!” Lee said excited.

“Oh, do you have a fan?” Elena teased. “By the way why did he come here?” She whispered to Devon.

“He insisted on coming over. Then Mom” You could see her flinch. “and Dad started fighting again. So we came here.”

“Hmm. It’s rare you let anyone into your house why the change of heart?” She asked as they reached the door. Opening it revealed a huge exquisite hall. Elena led them into a living room to the right. “So?”

“I guess he kind of bullied me into it.” Devon shrugged.

“I see.” ‘You think so do you?’ Elena thought. ‘You think I’m going to buy that. Oh well I’ll let it slid right now.’ “So onto the art?” She questioned.

“Definitely!” Lee smiled.

Elena led him to an adjacent room. It was filled with paintings. They varied from magical creatures to warriors.

Elena led him to an adjacent room. It was filled with paintings. They varied from magical creatures to warriors.

“Did he do all of these?” Lee recognized Devon’s style.

Elena nodded. “Good aren’t they?” Lee nodded in agreement. “But he’ll never sell them.” Elena sighed.

“Really? I already got an offer on one of them.” Lee smiled.

“Is he really going to sell it?” Elena had done the same years earlier.

“Yeah. I am.” Devon came up behind them. “It’s a school project I won’t miss it.”

“Really? For how much?” Elena asked.

“Five thousand.”
“Really? I’ll find a better bidder.”

“You can’t find one.” Lee said confidently. “It’s The Art Gallery.”

“You mean the famous one?” Elena asked in surprise. ‘First he lets him over, then he’s letting him sell his paintings? Who is this boy to him?’

“Yeah. They won’t go any higher since their the only one bidding right now. But I’ve sent the bait to others and should be” His phone vibrated. “Oh perfect timing.” He whipped out the phone and inspected the email. “Hmm, looks like it’s been upped to six thousand by Lemore’s Gallery.”

“Lemore’s Gallery? Isn’t that also famous?” Devon asked clueless.

“Yeah.” Lee gave him a duh look.


“So would you like to hear some stories about Devon as a boy?” Elena changed the subject.

“Ooh!” Lee brightened.

“You know I’m right here.” Devon sighed when he was ignored. He left the room as Elena started.