Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 7: Ukayou's Agony ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

By: Melissa Norvell

Contract 7: Ukayou's Agony

XxXxXx

"So, Doramon's dead," Yaone stated simply as she looked at the depressed Nepali boy in front of her. Ever since that incident took place, Seraj had not been his usual self. His dark skin was pale and his features looked weary.

"Yeah, he fell off of the bridge," the dark-haired boy said as he hung his head. The guilt hung over him like a thick, black, ominous cloud that burdened his soul. It was all Lucifer's fault. The entire situation was entirely that damned angel's fault. He wished he had never made that stupid contract and allowed himself to be blinded by sin so easily.

"What were you doing at the bridge with them?" The blonde proceeded to ask, curious as to why they were at that specific bridge.

"I felt bad about what happened with Sajani, and they wanted to cheer me up so they took me to hang out at the bridge," Seraj explained. "Doramon was standing on the railing. I asked him why he was and I told him that it was dangerous but he told me that I couldn't take risks. We tried to pull him back up but he fell anyway…Lucifer killed him." The last part of his explanation came out bitterly at the thought of the murderous angel.

"Lucifer?" Yaone questioned as the orange-eyed boy shot her a dangerous glare.

"Don't act like you don't know. I know what you're up to."

"Actually, this is the first that I've heard about Lucifer actually killing someone. Are you sure that it was him?" The blonde hadn't heard about anything regarding those plans, not that Lucifer let her in on a whole lot. If the angel had already begun to murder off his friends, then things were pretty bad and he was running out of tolerance for the boy.

It was only a matter of time before the real torture began.

"He told me himself," the Nepali replied. It wasn't some guess. Lucifer had admitted to the sin at hand.

"Oh, well that's another matter entirely," Yaone dismissed. Clearly, Lucifer was acting on his own and trying to break the boy's spirit bit by bit. He must have been sick of his detests and rebellions against his plan and was taking matters into his own hands.

"Why do you sound so amused?" Seraj asked, noting the tone of her voice. Somehow, the girl seemed to take sick pleasure in the moment. He had always known that she had mental issues, but this was just morbid. "What's so funny about this?" People were dying! Lives were being wasted meaninglessly and all she could do was sound amused, as if they were characters in some video game and their lives were so expendable.

"Are you still failing to acknowledge the pact?" The girl asked.

"Yes I am. I won't ever agree to do what he asked," Seraj was still sticking to the same answer he always had, and he wondered why she was so amused by his blatant stupidity. Anyone with half of a brain would have given into Lucifer about now.

"That's why people are dying," Yaone commented with a smile. Either he was really stubborn or he was just that stupid.

"He said something about collateral and taking souls instead of mind as collateral," Seraj mentioned the fact briefly as he looked as if he were thinking about something momentarily.

"That's exactly what it is, too," the blonde agreed with the statement, for she knew of it all too well. "You're refusing to work with him so he's killing people. You summoned him. He can't return to his rightful place until you fulfill your contract. The both of you are bound." Whether he liked it or not, that was their fate and there was no way of getting around it.

"I don't want to be," Seraj upturned his nose and yanked his head to the side, like a snob.

"You can't stop it. Things will keep happening to you until you achieve the terms of the contract," Yaone tried to tell him. Surely he knew that things would get better for him, if only he tried to at least appease her savior in the slightest way.

"You mean to tell me that people will stop dying when I agree to fulfill his sick contract?" Seraj outburst as he turned around and placed his hand on his chest with a look of annoyance.

"Precisely, either you care or you don't. It's completely up to you if you want to keep wasting lives of your friends. Doramon's death is just one way to prove to you that Lucifer is serious about what he's doing. He's done warning you. If I were you, I'd take his threats seriously," the blonde warned. For her, this would be among her last warnings to the boy. After that, she would let Lucifer run his path of destruction.

XxXxXx

In front of the school, a young, refined looking man stepped out of a fancy black car. The man was tall with pale skin, serious, pretty blue eyes and short, white hair. The male also had a trademark beauty mark under his right eye and appeared rather princely in appearance. The white-haired male turned and spoke to the driver, thanking him and shutting the door before the man drove off.

Nostalgic blue eyes gazed at the school before him as a placid smile crossed his face. 'So, I've finally come back to this school and to you, my sweet Ukayou.'

With those final thoughts, the white-haired teen entered the school through the double doors. Standing directly on the other side, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest, Lucifer looked at the young man with interested red eyes.

Noticing the dark angel, the youth turned to him in question. "Excuse me; I need to know how to get to the office. I need to submit some paperwork. I just transferred here." The male replied, assuming that the spiky-haired man was part of the school staff.

"Sure, I'll help you out," Lucifer told the young man as placidly as ever. "Just come with me," he instructed as the two males began to walk casually down the halls. The clacking of shiny black shoes echoed through the near empty halls.

"I haven't seen you here before. Are you a new teacher here?" The white-haired had been to this school before, only he had not noticed Lucifer being affiliated with it at all before. The male figured that perhaps they had hired new teachers since his absence, although for a teacher, the spiky-haired man dressed rather elaborately.

Perhaps he was just a high-society teacher with a Gothic Aristocrat (1) fetish.

"I suppose you could say that," the angel replied smoothly.

"Really?" The other male sounded interested. "What do you teach? You seem very interesting."

"Why did you decide to transfer to this school and what is your name?" Lucifer questioned.

"Oh, sorry, I'm being rude asking you all of those questions and you don't even know my name," the boy felt a little embarrassed. "I'm Hikari Saionji and I transferred here to fulfill my promise to a childhood friend."

"What's the name of this friend?" The angel looked to be in deep contemplation.

"Her name is Ukayou."

"Ukayou, huh?" A small smirk crept to the elder's face.

"Yes, she's very pretty," Saionji smiled; simply thinking about the peppy girl brought a smile to his face. "She told me that she's looked forward to seeing me again. I can't wait until I get to see her." The boy seemed excited and even giddy about seeing that girl again.

Soon, his happiness was about to be seized in the hands of a demonic angel.

"Of course," a large, crow-like wing that shone all the colors of an oil spill extended from the man's back and shaded the right side of the tile on the floor.

Noticing the shadow, Saionji stopped in his tracks and looked at the ground and stared in disbelief. Was that shadow…That of a wing? If so, that was the biggest wing that he had ever seen in his life. He knew no bird or any type with a wing of that shape or size.

"What? I thought that I heard wings," afraid to turn around, Saionji stood still.

"Isn't it wonderful?" The deep, male voice asked.

"What are you talking about?" Saionji turned to glance over his shoulder at the taller figure and as he looked over his shoulder, a hand covered his mouth. His eyes widened in horror as his figure was pressed back into Lucifer's body and black wings wrapped around him, encasing him in a shroud of darkness.

XxXx

"I'm so excited!" Ukayou could hardly sit still. The girl busted with energy, so much so that she couldn't contain her heart, which beat in her chest like a Caribbean Steel Drum and sounded as loud as one to boot. Ukayou was sure that everyone could hear it.

"I don't know. I never get that happy about English," Yaone stared unamused at the book before her.

"That's not what I'm happy about! I'm happy because Saionji is coming back!" The girl practically squealed the young man's name.

"Saionji?" Seraj had never heard of anyone by that name, even in casual conversation. Why hadn't Ukayou mentioned him before?

"Who the hell is Saionji?" Yaone asked. Apparently, she didn't seem to know him either.

"We've been friends ever since I was little," the auburn-haired girl explained. "We made a promise when we were kids that if we got separated that when we met up again that he would go out with me when he found me again." Ukayou was hoping and praying that the boy still kept the same promise that she did.

"He must have meant something to you," the blonde stated simply.

"Yes, he does. We've been in love since we were kids," Ukayou explained.

"Sounds romantic-" Seraj started to say, before he was interrupted by Yaone's negativity regarding the subject.

"If he still remembers you."

"Yaone!" Ukayou whined. Until now, she'd felt perfectly confident about the subject at hand.

"The romantic moment just died," Seraj noted in dead pan. So much for happy moments around that dreadful, morose blonde.

"You have no sense of romance," Ukayou pouted.

"I do, just not the typical romance that you talk about," the blonde noted. Just because she didn't dream of princes on white stallions didn't mean that she lacked any sense of the word romance. "I don't want some Prince Charming who will sweep me off of my feet."

"You don't?" Ukayou blinked, seeming confused by her logic towards the subject. "But I thought that every girl wanted that."

"What? When they were seven?"

"Are you making fun of me?" Her friend whined. What was wrong with wanting a pure and handsome man? There was no problem with having a girlish fantasy every now and then. It was perfectly acceptable for her to dream.

"It's childish to want a love like that. It's not realistic," the blonde degraded Ukayou's childish fantasy land romance.

"Oh, what kind of man do you like, huh?" The auburn-haired girl was half way expecting something creepy from her friend, since she was interested in the darker things in life.

Yaone smiled vaguely. "I like a mysterious, sinful man. A man who never gives up on his goal and who would do anything to support and protect his mate."

"Mate?" Ukayou had never heard of it referred to as a mate before.

"When you're together, you are mates."

"I like boyfriend better. It sounds more…um…flattering…Mate sounds like we're animals or something," her friend replied.

"We are animals," Yaone stated the truth.

"Huh?" Ukayou blinked in confusion as the bell rang, signaling the end of class.

"Class is out. I'm leaving," the blonde casually gathered her things and prepared to walk out of the room. When she had everything, she left her two friends sitting there without a word more.

"That was awkward," Seraj had never really been in a conversation with women who talked about love before. It was definitely strange to hear what they were talking about.

"She acts like she can't even be happy for me," Ukayou puffed up her cheeks and rested her hands on her hips firmly.

"That's not what I saw," Seraj stared at the doorway where the blonde once was.

"Huh?" Ukayou looked down at him in question. What did he mean by that?

"She sounded like she wanted to be loved," the boy stated in deep thought. He had never seen that side of Yaone before and a part of him wondered if she might actually have a human side after all.

However, his thoughts were cut short by Ukayou's fan girlish screams. "Oh my God! It's Saionji!" The girl wailed as she ran up to the white-haired boy and gave him a large, tight hug. "Saionji!"

The blue-eyed boy seemed a little confused at such forward actions. He didn't even seem like he knew who the girl was at all. It was as if a complete and randomized stranger ran up and hugged him out of nowhere. "Who are you?" He asked. His words like a knife to the happy girl's heart.

"I'm Ukayou. Don't you remember me?" The shocked girl asked as she pulled back from their embrace.

"I'm sorry. I don't know anything about you and I'd appreciate it if you didn't hang all over me," Saionji told her, with a cold expression on his face. They were the words that she never expected to hear. The words that pierced her heart like an angry dagger's blade.

To not be known, especially by him, was devastating.

Hurt slowly flooded to her expression as the girl watched him walk off. She felt like a fool and Ukayou did everything in her power to stop from crying right there on the spot. It wasn't like Saionji to tell her that he didn't know her and not want anything to do with her.

As determination flooded to her senses, along with the justice of wanting to know answers, she took off after the boy and grabbed his arm tightly, causing him to glance over his shoulder and partially turn around to see her.

"It's you again. What do you want?"

"You really don't remember me?" Ukayou asked, still attempting to jar his memory. "We had a promise."

"What promise?" His words were distant and void. It was almost like he'd become a robot while he was gone. What was wrong with him? Did something happen to him on the way to school. He was so happy before. She truly didn't understand what was going on.

"The one we made when we were little. Don't you remember? You said that you'd be my boyfriend. You said that you loved me."

"I said no such thing to you. You must have me confused for someone else. Please stop following me. I don't know you," the white-haired boy jerked his arm away and turned around. He walked off, leaving the dazed and saddened girl to her thoughts.

"Saionji…" She murmured desperately, her voice laced with sorrow as stubborn tears clung to her sparkling eyes, refusing to fall.

Yaone walked down one of the many halls of the school. It was sparsely populated with students, dotted here and there like odd balls that didn't belong. Out of the corner of her blue eyes, she thought that she saw two male figures, one that resembled Lucifer and another that resembled the boy that Ukayou called Saionji but when she turned completely around to take a second look, they were gone.

Not really thinking about it any further, she headed to class.

"Ukayou, are you okay?" Sajani walked up to the girl's desk. She looked very sad and lonely, sitting there and since they had the same class, the Nepali girl thought that something must have been wrong, considering the fact that she was so happy about something earlier.

"He promised…He promised me…" The sad girl murmured in a crackly and upset voice as the memories of that day flooded to her senses.

'What? No!' A small auburn-haired girl nearly cried. 'You can't leave me,' she begged a white-haired boy to stay by her side to the point of tears.

'Mom and dad are moving,' the boy looked down, also saddened by the news. 'I don't want to leave you either. I love you,' the boy reached forward and hugged the tiny girl against him.

'I love you too,' the girl cried into his shoulder.

'I know! Let's make a promise,' the white-haired boy pulled away with a smile. He didn't want to remember the sad times. He wanted to preserve their friendship and the promise that they made would be something that they could remember each other by. If they made a promise to each other, then they could always ensure that their friendship lasted, even though they would be far away from each other.

'A promise?' The girl asked. She had never made a promise before.

'A promise that when we see each other again, we'll fall in love and go out.' The boy smiled. 'I don't have a promise ring so let's have promise kiss.'

'Okay,' the girl smiled.

'With this kiss, I promise,' Saionji leaned forward and the two engaged in a passionate kiss.

Lips locked in a passionate embrace as Saionji was leaned up against the brick wall of the school as masculine hands ran sensually along his young body. The touch itself was arousing to the core and the boy could feel raw passion course through his veins as fire-hot touches nearly burned his creamy skin. The elegant, long fingers trailed down the skin of his bare chest, leaving a stream of burning desire.

"Oh, Lucifer…" The white-haired boy uttered the words in a husky tone.

"See?" The angel smirked darkly. "Selling your soul isn't so bad."

"Uk…ay…ou…" The blank, blue eyes stared directly into his blood red ones, causing the angel to then frown with dissatisfaction. It seemed that his spell no longer took effect.

"Hm, it seems that my possession is wearing off," the long-haired angel said to himself as the boy seemed to slowly blink away the possession as he came to.

"Who are you?" Saionji seemed a little confused by the whole ordeal. "What are you doing to me?" He proceeded to ask as he glanced down to see the two masculine hands, caressing his chest with a strong, burning desire.

"Don't you remember me?" Lucifer asked.

"You're that teacher."

"Per se."

"Those wings," the white-haired boy commented as he saw the massive black wings protruding from his shoulder blades in a massive glory of oil spill colored feathers. Those wings, which were dark and foreboding. Those wings, which were sinister and sinful in nature. The wings that would send anyone's soul on a ride straight to hell.

"Don't you remember what happened between us in the storage room?" Lucifer asked, the question causing the boy to utter 'what' as his blue eyes widened and he was quickly reminded of their relationship and why he agreed to succumb to his possession in the first place.

The two males stood in the dark storage room, only a small amount of light made its way through a single window, illuminating the two bodies in a haunting way that nearly seemed as though it were night. The very time of day seemed as if it had shifted remarkably and all they did was walk into a single darkened room.

'You want to know a secret?' The phrase seemed too simple as it ran off of the angel's supple lips. It tempted the white-haired prince to ask 'what' in a curious tone. 'I can grant your deepest desires. I am an angel, descended from heaven to grant your wish.' The words seemed like something off of a movie or staged play then a reality. Saionji only half-way believed his words, but he was willing to humor him for a while.

'I want nothing more than to see my beautiful Ukayou,' the blue-eyed boy stated the only desire that he had ever possessed, since that fateful promised day in his childhood.

'Do you wish to be together forever?' Lucifer asked. It was a simple wish, after all. It seemed like something right out of a cheesy romance novel.

'Yes, I definitely do. I want a love that transcends death,' Saionji's face was serious as he stared the angel down.

'I can grant that desire but first, you'll have to give me your body.'

'What?' The very words sent chills up the boy's spine. He had never been gay or even thought of another man in that aspect. There would be no way that he would simply hand over his body to Lucifer, by any means.

'If you're willing to sacrifice everything for her, then this should only be a minor detail,' the black-winged angel told his victim with a sneer. To him, it was nothing more than having all of your eggs in the same basket. As soon as the boy would give himself to him, then another plan could be put into action.

This would surely be one that Seraj would take to heart.

'But, I've kept myself pure for her all of this time…' Beginning to feel defeat, Saionji glanced to the ground, now unsure of what exactly he should do regarding the situation. What if he said no? Then what would Lucifer do? This was a rather intimidating man, and one that he most certainly didn't want to piss off. He already knew that the results would not be in his favor if that were to happen.

'What if she hasn't?' The angel's question made him doubt even more.

'What?' Saionji glanced up, only to see that Lucifer was now mere inches from his face. However, it didn't seem to scare him that much. Saionji was too consumed with his own problems to feel any fear.

'She's a lonely, lovesick, high schooler. Of course she wouldn't be pure by now,' the mint-haired angel replied in a voice so cool and confident it nearly sounded truthful in what he was saying. These were blatant facts about Ukayou that he could not ignore. She was a lonely and lovesick girl and perhaps she had not lived up to her end of their pact.

'But…you're male…' The white-haired boy protested slightly. The fact of the matter still remained, even though he was saddened upon hearing that Ukayou may have been with someone else and not lived up to her end of the pact, Lucifer still held the body of a man, no matter what kind of angelic spirit he was.

'So much for pure love. You humans are really funny, especially if you think that your wavered love can transcend death,' the angel's eyebrows went slightly down as he frowned, and delivered the words as harshly as a cruel cutting blade to Saionji's open heart.

'It can!' The boy replied in a harsh shout, projecting his words as if he were desperate enough to believe that it was the ultimate truth. Saionji wanted to hang on to those words desperately. He wanted to believe that what he said held some foundation to them, and no angel was going to tell him any differently.

'You think that she won't accept your tainted body so what makes you think that she'll accept your tainted soul? If you're not willing to get your hands dirty for the one that you love, then you don't really love them, now do you?' The dark angel tested the limitations on the boy's mind. Surely, realizing that he would not be considered a proper lover to the young girl by these means, he would submit to him and allow himself to delve further into sin.

'Fine, I'll do what you say,' the boy was defeated by his own decision to do anything to commit to Ukayou in the best way that he knew how, to ensure their everlasting love. If this meant that he had to sleep with an angel in order to make the ultimate sacrifice, then that was what he would do.

Soon, he felt his clothes tumbling to the ground as a slight nervous feeling coursed through his veins. He was, after all, a virgin and had never been nude with another person with the intentions of getting intimate. He felt the familiar sensation of those large, elegant hands, filled with passion and searing fire, roaming over his flesh, branding him sinful.

"I remember now. This is our bond," Saionji knew fully what he had done.

"Yes, as long as you bind yourself with me, then you'll get your wish. Ukayou will soon be yours and your love will transcend death," the angel promised.

"Really?" A slight flush adorned the other male's cheeks. As much as he hated to admit it, the angel had all of the qualities of a sinister Adonis and he couldn't help but find the angel's beauty alluring. "Thank you so much. Wait…I never asked you your name," the entire time that they had entered their pact, he had never even thought to ask Lucifer of his name and he felt terribly rude for doing so. He had already slept with Lucifer several times, and this was one of their many intimate moments and throughout it all, the thought never crossed him that he should ask the angel his name.

"I'm Lucifer." Those words hit Saionji like a ton of bricks.

"What?"

What had he done? Saionji came to the realization that he had just entered a pact with the devil himself.

XxXxXx

Seraj walked down the hall, now filled with students as the bell signaled the end of another class. Not watching out where he was headed, he ran smack into another form and fell to the ground. It was as if the form had some from the side of the wall, rather than hit him straight on. The only thing on that particular wall was a door that was used as an exit to the school in case of a fire alarm.

"Sorry," the black-haired Nepali turned to apologize but was met with a sight that he was not used to seeing.

There, lying on the ground was a boy his age with his jacket off and white shirt nearly all of the way unbuttoned. It was as if the white-haired boy stepped out from an intense make-out session.

"It's fine," Saionji replied in a cold tone, his eyes were once again blank from his apparent possession by his master.

"Why is your shirt open?" Seraj asked as he got up slowly.

"None of your business," the boy glared, getting up himself and dusting off his coat from any unnecessary particles that he had acquired from the floor before he turned to simply walk away from the conversation but his arm was caught by Seraj.

"Wait," golden eyes glared into blue, "Hey, are you Saionji?" This boy looked like the one that Ukayou had told him about. He was wanting to make sure that he had the same jerk who had been breaking his dear friend down.

"Yes, that's my name. Why?" It was as if the man had no heart whatsoever. Seraj wondered if he was that rude to everyone he met. Why would Ukayou want this guy? What an asshole! How was he a picture-perfect representation of a prince?

"How is Ukayou?" Seraj was curious about the condition of his friend. Since this cold-hearted jerk knew her, maybe she had told him something that she refused to mention to Seraj or Yaone.

"Who are you talking about?" The white-haired boy again acted as if he didn't recognize her. "I don't know her and I wish that everyone would stop asking me about her."

"Huh?" Seraj was confused. Perhaps he had the wrong person. Using the Nepali's confusion as a distraction, Saionji ripped his arm away from his grasp and headed back down the hall, disappearing into the masses like a faceless drone.

'Is it possible that she has the wrong Saionji?' The boy thought. Maybe it looked like Ukayou's Saionji but maybe it wasn't really him. A part of him refused to believe that she'd like such a jerk and decided to question her about it later.

XxXx

"No, it's him," the girl's confirmation on the subject was enough to make him fall deeper into confusion.

"Why doesn't he know you then?" Yaone asked. If they had been as in touch as she claimed, then Saionji wouldn't act like he didn't know her at all. Something was strange about the whole incident, and she couldn't figure out what it was for the life of her.

"Why was his shirt flung open when I ran into him?" Seraj asked, not thinking about the fact that those could be devastating to the girl.

"What?" Her words came out in nearly a whisper as the thought of her beloved with another raced through her mind in a blur. Emotion was thick on her face as the girl tried not to let the unrevealed tears surface through her round, expressive eyes.

"Looks like he's moved on," Yaone's words on the subject were as simple and cold as ever. Right now, even her best friends were of no help to her.

The tingling feeling that accompanied crying overcame her as tears began to well in her sparkling green eyes. "No…" Her voice sounded desperate to keep the aspect that Saionji would never move on from her. It didn't sound like him at all, and even though they kept in touch, it was like he didn't even know her or had ever even seen her before. It was as if he had been body snatched or something.

He was not the Saionji she used to know.

"People do that kind of thing," Yaone didn't want to keep her hanging on to her delusions, so she decided to tell her the truth, no matter how much it would hurt her. "You've grown apart, let's face it. People don't do good separated for long periods of time with no physical attention."

"But I wrote him-" Ukayou tried to say but was cut off.

"That's not enough to keep you together. Really Ukayou, you should get rid of your fairytaleistic picture-perfect romance that you have in your head," Yaone proceeded to tell her, trying to snap some sort of reality into the love-struck teen. It was pathetic to see a female at the pit of her low because some guy starts treating her like crap. Feminine weakness in itself was just plain pathetic.

"He's not himself…" Tears streamed down the girl's face as she concentrated on the ground, her form shaking with emotion and fists balled tightly to each side.

"He was acting strange. Come to think of it…" Seraj trailed off as he seemed in deep thought. 'This just doesn't add up. Why doesn't he remember Ukayou? Just who is this Saionji anyway? Is he even the real Saionji or could he be-'

His eyes widened at the possibility at hand. Perhaps he was being deceived by that angel again…If so, he planned on stopping him before he dared so much as to get that far.

…To Be Continued

NOTES

Gothic Aristocrat- a form of lolita fashion for men that consists of dark clothing, long coats and Victorian style or princely clothing.