Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 8: Death ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

By: Melissa Norvell

Contract 8: Death

XxXxXx

Ukayou's depression had become worse over a series of days. It seemed that every day that went by, she grew a little more depressed and she went a little more downhill. She was no longer the spunky, light-hearted girl that everyone once knew and adored. Now she was a dark and twisted hull of her used-to-be self. She hardly spoke to anyone and she often walked by the friends that she used to hang out with looking like a miserable train wreck.

Seraj watched the girl as she nearly passed him by and decided to say something to her. "Hey, what's wrong Ukayou?"

The girl stopped, as if her body had no life and said nothing.

"Did that Saionji guy do this to you?" If he did, Seraj was going to kick his ass.

At the very name, tears began to flow down the girl's face as a field of emotions displayed themselves on her face. "Saionji," the girl chocked out as she remembered the way that she had been treated for many days. All she wanted to do was simply talk to him and now that was a hard task.

"It was him, wasn't it?" The Nepali boy's features turned to those of a serious nature. "I'm going to kick his ass for making you feel that way. That guy's a real jerk and I'm going to plant his face in the ground."

"Wait…"

"What?"

"I want to confront him myself." It was something that she knew that she had to do. Beyond anything, Ukayou wanted some closure to her life. No matter what, Saionji would answer her questions, and that was one thing that she was sure of.

"Are you sure?" Seraj didn't think things would get any better, and Ukayou didn't seem as if she had the strength to cry anymore. The last thing he wanted to see was his friend be hurt again by that bastard.

The auburn-haired girl nodded. "I can't take this anymore. It's been two weeks since Saionji first came back and he's been doing nothing but shoving me out of his life and acting like he doesn't know me. I can't stand it. He won't even tell me what I did wrong to him or anything. Its fine if he's mad at me but I'd like to know why and I'll leave him alone. I hate being ignored and pushed out of someone's life for no reason at all, especially since we were getting along so well before. I don't get it. What happened?" The girl sobbed. Every day, try as she might, she wanted to find these answers and racked her brain as she tried to come up with something but nothing ever found her.

"I don't know," the tan skinned boy shut his eyes and frowned. He really didn't want Ukayou around that scum bag, but he had to honor his friend's wishes. 'I just hope that Lucifer has nothing to do with this or I swear, I'll find a way to kill him myself.'

XxXxXx

Yaone held a paper in her hands and read over it carefully. It seemed so random to be given a school announcement by the spiky-haired angel and while there was no method to his madness, she knew all too well that he was plotting something. "School dance, huh? Why would I be interested in something like that?" The blonde asked. Unless it was pertaining to sports, she usually didn't want anything to do with it.

"I require your attendance," Lucifer told her simply.

"I don't even have a date," she'd be a laughing stock if she didn't show up with anyone. Aside from that, going to a dance alone made her feel alone, even if there would be people there that she knew.

"Then go alone."

The blonde smirked and closed her eyes. "Damn you're cold. I expect no less from you." It was so typically Lucifer to say such things.

"Tonight, Seraj will see the full force of his consequences if he dares to break his pact with Satan." Since the boy wanted to give him hell about it, he would retaliate by giving him a world of hell in return. It was simply a battle of who could stab a deeper wound on the heart.

"You truly are a twisted man. I assume another person is going to die tonight," the girl asked, unknowing of who exactly his target would be.

"It will be more than one this time," the angel told her. "I'm tired of playing games. While one death was enough to shake him, it wasn't enough to bring him to his senses and make him realize that there really is no escape from me.”

"He's a stubborn one; you'll probably need to break his will some," the blonde suggested. It was usually the best way to get to stubborn people.

"I hope you're right. The last thing I want it to look like a fool for your decisions," Lucifer narrowed his blood red eyes in warning at the girl. If she made him look like a fool with her suggestions, then she would suffer the same fate as Seraj- whether or not she was his follower.

"I assure you that you'll be happy this time. As someone who promotes Satanism and who has been faithfully relying on you for years, I would never want to endanger you. If you don't mind me asking, why is that boy with you?" Yaone gestured to Saionji, whom had been standing close to Lucifer.

"He wants to fulfill his deepest desires," the angel's hand, that had been resting on the boy's shoulder, ran up his neck and caressed his face gently.

"What would those be?" Yaone was a little interested in the subject.

"He wants his love to transcend time."

"He's Saionji, isn't he?" The blonde didn't want to be wrong, considering she didn't know Saionji that well but she was almost certain that she couldn't mistake those handsome features.

"Yes, this is the Saionji that your little friend Ukayou fancies," Lucifer told her with a smile as he gently rubbed the boy's cheek.

"He seems like her type- a fairytale prince."

"A prince?" The angel's voice seemed amused as he continued to stroke the boy's pale skin.

Yaone shrugged, not really caring too much for the subject matter. "Some pretty guy, she likes those types."

"Even through my possession, this boy calls out to her. What a pathetic obsession," Lucifer was glad that he himself was incapable of love. He would never want to obsess that much over some fool. A human in love was like a pus-filled sore, disgusting to observe.

The blonde school girl reluctantly closed her eyes. She had to admit that a love the transcended time was a beautiful thing in her own opinion but she was not about to admit that weakness in front of her god. "Yes…I suppose you're right…"

"You don't sound completely confident in that answer and it is far from your real thoughts," the sentence caused the girl's blue eyes to pop open and widen in guilt. She could not hide what she really felt from the angel and a part of her should have known this all-too well.

Yaone turned her head away in shame. "I guess I deserved that."

"I'm glad that you've figure out that lying to an angel is meaningless. You'd better come to this dance," the blood-red eyes of the demonic being narrowed once again and she knew that she had better not cross him. He had already punished her once before for failure but the next time would be no walk in the park.

"I will. Don't worry."

XxXxXx

Ukayou held the flyer in her hands, staring at it with depressed, yet interested eyes. In many ways, she wished that she could go to the dance and usually, she would be excited and happy about such a thing but today, it was different. The idea of a dance with someone that you deeply cherished depressed her even more. "There's a school dance today…Saionji's always invited me to the dances…" The girl's nostalgic voice could only be heard by herself.

'Would you like to go to the winter ball?' She could remember that question being asked to her many times.

'What? Me?' Ukayou turned around and placed both hands to her chest to indicate that it was her that he was referring to.

'Yes, you silly. Who else would I ask?' Saionji smiled at his long-time friend and secret love. He had been wanting to ask her for some time and now was a more then perfect opportunity. Saionji's greatest wish was nothing more than to be with the one that he loved.

The auburn-haired girl glanced down, 'a lot of people. You're the most popular guy in the whole school. I thought you'd pick someone who fit your status quo a little better.' She knew that the two of them were on completely different social levels. In many ways, they were a couple that would defy social status in school and the prince would soon become the pauper as he would be judged by his fellow students.

A gentle hand was then placed on her shoulder, causing her face to light up with surprise. She looked up at him, staring into his deep blue eyes with her own, quivering with emotion.

'You will always be my number,' Saionji smiled kindly. Despite their difference in social status, they would always remain friends, and that deep bond between them was something that would not simply be given away by judgment. He would like Ukayou, even if all intended to interfere with their relationship.

Against all odd, he would always love her.

As the memories of happier times fled her senses, Ukayou's eyes brimmed with tears. "I want…I want to be your number one…" She began to sob only to be cut off by a familiar touch. A milky hand was laid on her shoulder, causing the girl to let out a small gasp and jump. She glanced over her shoulder to see Saionji, frowning at her. He looked so serious, unlike how he used to see her.

"Saionji?"

"Everyone thinks I'm a freak at this school. I might as well go and dance with you," his words were cold, as if it didn't matter as long as he had someone to dance with.

"What?"

"Be ready tonight. I'll have my driver pick you up," the white-haired boy turned and walked away casually without a word more, his presence was just as cold as the very air itself, and just as lonely.

"Wait," Ukayou called out after him. She wasn't sure of what to say at first, the whole situation had thrown her completely off but now she had found the right words and she wanted her friend to know exactly how she felt.

Saionji paused and glanced over his shoulder.

"Can we talk at the dance?" Ukayou asked. "I want to ask you some things." It would be her prime opportunity. The girl hoped and prayed that he would grant her one request, and perhaps put some closure to her life.

"Of course, there is something that I want to do for you. I had a meeting place in mind, if that's fine with you," her ex-lover responded and she nodded.

'Maybe I'll finally be able to talk things out with Saionji. I sure do hope so.'

XxXxXx

When lunch came around, Ukayou sat with her friends in the grass as they all ate their packed lunches. She and Yaone had brought a bento box, while Seraj had a variety of Nepali food laid out. The three of them ate in silence for a while, simply observing the students around them.

The auburn-haired girl then looked to her two friends and asked, "Hey, did you guys see all of the flyers hanging around?"

"What about them?" The blonde sounded disinterested, as always as she slowly munched on a piece of eel.

"Are you going?" Ukayou knew that there would be a small chance that she would but she wanted to ask anyway. If someone was there that she knew, then the school girl wouldn't feel so alone with Saionji. For some reason, she didn't want to be alone at the dance with him and she didn't know why. The girl had a nagging urge to see her friends again soon.

"If Seraj will be my date," Yaone glanced at the Nepali boy, who nearly dropped his food at the statement.

"What?"

"I want to go and I was hoping that you'd go with me- as friends," the blonde told him. After all, she wanted him to be present for whatever Lucifer's next plan was, to feel the full effect of whatever the outcome would be.

"For a minute there, you kinda freaked me out. I almost thought that you guys were dating in secret or something," Ukayou placed her hand behind her head and laughed a little nervously. She had felt really stupid for what she had just assumed about her two good friends. When she thought about it, they hardly seemed each other's type.

"What? No!" Seraj shouted. Him? Going out with a freaky chick like Yaone? That was definitely out of the question!

"I didn't know I was that unattractive," blue eyes narrowed as the stared down the tan skinned boy. Even though she didn't show it, Yaone was actually a little hurt by his comment about her.

"You're not. I just don't think of you that way," Seraj decided to clear things up before she got the wrong idea. Yaone was a very beautiful girl, she was just off in left field while he was off in right. They had too many differences.

"That's just because you already have a lover," the blonde took another bite of eel.

Golden eyes narrowed. "What does that mean?"

"What do you think that means?" Yaone glared.

"You have another girlfriend, Seraj?" Ukayou asked, a little confused by the context of their conversation. It seemed that something was going on between them, the only question was what.

"It's not a girl," Yaone smirked. That's what he got for calling her unattractive.

"What?" The auburn-haired school girl looked a little confused by it all. Seraj liked another guy? Out of all of the guys in the entire school, he didn't even seem like that type, but when she thought about it, it made perfect sense as to why he and Sajani broke up. Maybe after she cheated on him, he lost all faith in women. "You like guys? Isn't that sinful in Nepal?" She asked, remembering the punishment for being found out as a homosexual in his country was death.

"I don't like him!" Seraj shouted in denial. "He has a crush on my but I DO NOT like him!"

"Will he come to the dance?" Ukayou asked. Even though she knew that Seraj claimed not to like him, she wanted to see who he was for herself.

"I hope not. He's bad luck," the Nepali frowned. Lucifer was bad luck in more ways than one and if he showed up to the dance, it would only spell certain death for someone there and he didn't know what he'd do if that happened.

"Well, are you going to come with me, or do I have to make him ask you?" Yaone asked calmly.

"I'd rather go with you." If he must choose, then that would be his choice any day.

"Great!" Ukayou clasped her hands together in delight. "I'd love to see you at the dance."

"I'll see you there," Yaone smiled a little at her friend. 'Besides, I wonder why Lucifer wants me there.' She had a nagging feeling that all of her questions would be answered at the dance in one way or another. The only question was, how exactly would they be answered?

XxXxXx

Saionji and Ukayou walked through the door to the dance. They were dressed elaborately and looked like the picture perfect couple. Ukayou's dress was silver in color, strapless and glistened underneath of the artificial lighting of the dance floor, which had been set up with elaborate props to resemble a romantic, enchanted woodland scene. Everything shimmered and sparkled and her tiara was studded with beautiful crystals in the shape of roses glimmered just as brightly.

Saionji was equally handsome with a black, pressed suit and white carnation in his coat pocket, his arms was in Ukayou's as his blue eyes reflected all of the beauty of the room within their icy depths. The two gazed out at the many couples and singles that danced, talked, ate and drank punch. Everything was beautiful and shimmered like a fictional wonderland.

Ukayou glanced down at her sparkling dress. She looked just like Cinderella with an elaborate ball gown. The girl closed her eyes in thought. 'This is like a dream come true. I just wish that this could have been a good relationship, then it would be perfect. I'm wearing this beautiful dress, in a place with a man that I love; only…he doesn't love me back.'

She felt an empty presence so she glanced up and saw that Saionji had left her side and was now talking to a chestnut haired girl wearing a sherbet orange, form-fitting dress with ruffles down the side. Green eyes filled with sorrow as she walked up to her date.

"Saionji, you said that we'd talk."

"Not now," the boy waved impatiently.

"Why can't you see that I want to be with you?" The frustration had built up far too greatly and she had to express it somehow. She could no longer hold in the pain that resided in her heart.

"I'm very busy, sorry," he didn't sound too sincere.

"Saionji," Ukayou tried again.

"I don't have time for this," blue eyes glared at her in warning. He wanted her to leave and perhaps she'd get the hint if he enforced it with a harsh glare.

"Then we shouldn't argue," the auburn-haired girl grabbed him by the arm and drug him off. The surprised boy asked her what she was doing as he staggered away from the confused girl in the orange, who simply stared on as the two of them disappeared through the crowd and walked out of the building, heading up stairs that led to the top of the building.

"You will listen to me this time," Ukayou said strongly, her words building up with the determination and anger that she felt. The girl could no longer hold in any of the pain that she felt. She was finally going to let Saionji know how she felt once and for all. "You promised me," the girl said bitterly as the two of them walked up the last stair only to be standing on the top of the building.

Ukayou finally released the boy from her grasp and threw him in front of her, causing him to stumble a few paces before her caught himself and swiftly turned around. "Hey! What in the hell are you doing?"

"I want to know answers, Saionji."

"Answers to what? I have nothing to answer to," the white-haired boy said stubbornly as he folded his arms over his chest.

The determined girl grabbed his shoulders harshly as tears began to flood her face. "What's wrong with you?" Her voice was desperate for answers, desperate to cling on to whatever little sliver of a chance they had. "What did I do to make you hate me so much?"

Ukayou shook him as a portrait fell from his pocket. It was a picture of him kissing another girl. Green eyes widened on the sight as Ukayou's feelings were pushed to the brink. Her green eyes quivered.

"I hate you!" The now hysterical girl screamed as he began to punch him in the chest and cry. "How could you do this to me? I loved you and you cheated on me! We had a promise! Doesn't that really mean nothing to you!?"

Saionji, in order to make things less painful for himself kept backing up in an attempt to dodge her blows. Soon, he had run out of room as his foot hit the small rail that wound around the building. As blue eyes glanced over his shoulder, terror flooded his senses. One more step and he would have fallen to his death.

"Stop it!" He shouted as Ukayou inched closer, punching him as hard as she could. "What are you doing?" He tried to lean back, only to find himself losing his footing; still she came after him, too emotional to realize the error of her ways until it was far too late. "You're going to-" His voice was cut off by both of their screams as they both plummeted to their deaths from a six story drop.

Saionji stared up at the flickering street lights as what little life he had ran out through his mouth, ears and back of his head. The last of Lucifer's possession had worn off and he would no longer be able to live. He glanced over to see the girl, laying on top of him dead as he stared into her lifeless eyes. "U…kay…ou…All I really want…is the proof that I loved…A love…that will transcend time…the stars, heaven…everything…"

Blue eyes looked up to see the blurry image of a dark angel, descending on the two tragic lovers. He recognized those dark wings anywhere.

"Lucifer…"

"Foolish boy, nothing is timeless," the angel said, looking down on him with a frown. Those were the last words that Saionji had heard before he passed away. Blood red eyes glanced up at the flickering neon lights. "You humans and your sick theories of an ageless, timeless love…Everyone wonders why I refused to bow before such creatures. If I can get you to sin this easily, then why should I prostrate myself before you? It seems that God has just as sick of a sense of humor as always. I wonder how my dear partner will react to his consequences now. He'll probably end up hating me, just as I have predicted before. Little does he know, when humans lose control of their emotions is when I win the game. He's already as good as mine."

XxXxXx

Yaone and Seraj stood on the dance floor, each in their own form of dress. Seraj wore a black tuxedo, which was a strangely fitting piece of garment for him, that consisted of a black jacket, vest, slacks and white top while Yaone wore a pitch black lolita style dress with black hose and red trim. The two had been engaged in a conversation of the style of dance that Seraj had preformed.

"Do all Nepali people dance like that? (1)" The blonde asked.

"Yes, we do. It's traditional dance in my native land," Seraj explained the method behind his strange way of dancing that seemed to captivate the audience.

"No wonder you have so much energy. I wish I could jump around like that, as much as you do," Yaone complimented. Never in a million years could she dance like that. It was actually quite amazing to see another culture's dance that was so different from hers.

"Everyone definitely wanted to watch me," the black-haired boy let out a small laugh.

"Well, your dancing is so abnormal that it's hard not to want an encore," Yaone smiled at him. For once, she had given a true smile, as if she had been enjoying herself. It was very uncharacteristic of her usual doom and gloom personality.

"It's nice to see you smile a little, you know," Seraj complimented her. "Usually you're so serious."

"I'm not a total bore you know."

"I still don't see how you can worship someone like Lucifer," he frowned. Despite the fact that the angel seemed nowhere in sight, he couldn't help but think about him even now. That damned black winged burden was weighing down his spirits and was a constant reminder of his suffering.

"You know that Lucifer isn't his real name, right?" Yaone informed, looking over at him from her wine glass, filled with punch.

"Huh?"

"His real name is Sataniel."

"Why are you telling me this?" Didn't she know that he could care less what his real name was?

"I wanted you to know it," the blonde walked over to the punch bowl and proceeded to serve herself some punch. Seraj followed her and grabbed a punch cup himself.

"Why? Does he hate being called Sataniel or something?" Seraj hoped that it was something he hated, because he'd call him it every time he turned around. It would be payback for making his life so miserable.

"Most people call him Lucifer, after the star that he was exiled to," Yaone informed.

"He was exiled inside of a star?" Something within him saddened a little. From what he knew, stars were very hot balls of hydrogen gas, incapable of bearing any sort of life. For a regular human to be cast into one meant the ultimate incineration. Lucifer, however, was an angel of the sun, born of the flames and to be contained in something so hot had to hurt, not to mention seem like a blinding cage of light.

"Among other things, but I'd rather him tell you," the blonde glanced around the dance floor. "That's odd; I haven't seen Ukayou or Saionji for at least two hours."

"Well, before we started dancing, Ukayou told me that she was going on top of this building. She wanted to talk to him about how he's been treating her badly," Seraj educated the girl on what had gone down between the two.

Yaone's face twisted into a serious gaze as she pulled the possible plan Lucifer had set up together in her brain. "I have a bad feeling about this. I think that you should go check outside for them. I'll go and look on top of the building."

Seraj nodded as he headed down to the bottom story of the building while Yaone took the stairs outside to the top. When she got there, she saw Lucifer sitting on the railing of the building with his feet hanging over the edge and ebony wings outstretched behind him. The moonlight bounced off of his feathers and caused them to glow in a haunting manner. The air was thick and the mood was dark. Everything was silent, as if someone had passed away.

The blonde stopped dead in her tracks a she stared at the God before her. She then went to the ledge and looked down below. Her blue eyes widened in horror as she saw the two below, lying dead and motionless. She trembled as she gripped the cement firmly in her shaky, gloved hands.

"Yaone, what do you think about a love that transcends time?" Lucifer asked, as if he had truly been giving the question some thought.

"Is this a trick question?" She knew better then to tell him true answers if she valued her life. Yaone was standing too close to the edge to say anything to the angel.

"Perhaps…"

"The only way that could be possible would be through reincarnation and even that is a slim chance since most people who are reincarnated do not remember their pasts," Yaone continued to glance down at the bodies, refusing to look at him.

"You believe in that rubbish?" The long-haired angel asked.

"It's not impossible, you know." It might not have been the right answer, or the one that would humor him but it was a truthful one.

Lucifer slid off of the building and descended to the ground below, leaving the girl to depress to herself above. Tears clung to the blonde's eyes as she silently cried, crystalline tears hit the cold, unfeeling cement as Yaone cried at the loss of her friend.

"Ukayou…"

'You had this planned, didn't you?' She thought as she glared through her tears. "Why do I have to suffer to? Have I been letting you down?" Yaone thought aloud. Why else would Lucifer plot to kill Ukayou? She had also done something wrong. Perhaps Seraj was too stubborn and he was punishing her for finding him someone intolerable who would not adhere to his pact.

Down below, Seraj held his friend's body close as he cried into her corpse on his knees. Soon, he was accompanied by the angel, who landed beside of him and glared down on his weak tears.

"Are you foolish enough to cry over some idiot?" It was, after all, he own fault that she was dead. If she had not clung so stubbornly to Saionji, then she would have still been alive but instead, she let it consume her and now she paid the ultimate price for her foolish actions.

"How could you?" Seraj snapped as he looked at him through tear-filled eyes. "You're cruel! You did this, didn't you?" If it wasn't Lucifer, then he'd be damned right then!

"Everything is going as predicted," Lucifer smiled in victory.

"This isn't a game!" Seraj scolded. "People are dying because-"

He was cut off by the angel.

"Of your breaking our contract," the angel decided to finish his sentence for him and provide him with the real reason why people were dying, instead of the boy's excuse to pin it all on him. "This is your second warning."

"I will never work for you, NEVER! Go back to hell and leave me alone!" The Nepali yelled at him, his voice and heart full of pain at the loss of one of his best friends. Lucifer had truly gone too far by murdering Ukayou.

"I can't do that," the angel responded. 'I've already won this game. Everything is exactly as I predicted and with any luck, things may continue to run smoothly. I just hope that he truly is the one I seek.'

To Be Continued…

NOTE: The Nepali culture has a very strange way of dancing and it varies from gender. They do a lot of jumping, leg and arm movements. It's a very interesting and unusual way of dancing that hold a great beauty in it but can take some time for most people to get used to. I went to a Nepal dance and learned a few moves, it's actually quite fun. If you want to see Nepali dancing for yourself then go to you tube and type in Nepal Dance or Nepali Dance and you may get something. You could also try typing in Nepali Male/Female Dance or Nepali Traditional Dance.