Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 9: Save My Soul ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

By: Melissa Norvell

Contract 9: Save My Soul

XxXxXx

Seraj made his way between the many rows of wooden pews with red cushions as his golden eyes glanced around at everything in the large room. The stained glass images of crosses and Christ and the high ceiling that was painted with a beautiful mural of clouds and various angels with white-wings, all seemed to dance around from one position to the other in joy.

The Nepali boy wore a look of misery and desperation as he approached the front of the elaborate worship room of the church. Golden eyes glanced down at the red carpet below his feet as he thought over his current situation. 'I can't stand this anymore. I've got to do something about Lucifer or people are going to die. First Doramon and now Ukayou…I'm scared for the lives of everyone around me…Why not save them, since I already know that I'm screwed.'

After all, he was the one who was caught in the contract with Lucifer. More than likely, when the angelic man caught on, he would dispose of him just as he had anyone else who stood in his way.

"Huh?" Seraj glanced up to see a priest, standing before his podium. The elderly man smiled at him sweetly.

"Welcome son, you look as if something is ailing you," the old priest greeted him. The man was in his seventies with short, white hair that was combed over and so many wrinkles that he could barely see. He wore long, black robes and a crucifix around his neck.

"I have a problem that I don't know what to do about," Seraj slowly glanced up at the old man. A part of him thought that maybe he wouldn't believe him, but this was one of his very last resorts. If there was anything he could do to defeat this wicked angel, he would find it within the boundaries of his own religion.

The priest motioned over to him with his hand. "Come, tell me your problems and we'll let God take them into his hands," the black-haired youth walked over to the elder and when he stood in front of him, the priest spoke once more in his usual soothing voice. "Now, please explain your troubles to me."

A couple of hours of explaining his entire story, the boy felt a little better that he could freely talk to someone about Lucifer and not have them think of him as insane. Perhaps he just needed to let it out to someone and who knows; maybe the old priest could help him in some way.

"I know that it doesn't seem logical or right but I'm telling you, Lucifer makes strange and horrible things happen in my life," Seraj told him with more emotion then he would have liked to show.

"You seem so troubled. Please, come and pray with me," the priest gently laid his old hand on the boy's shoulder as they both bowed their heads and closed their eyes to pray.

'I'm not really a part of this religion, so I'm wondering if this will work.' The boy opened his eyes and looked a little worried at the thought. "Will praying really save me against him?" Seraj asked the priest, after all, prayers were simple words and took time to work or even be relayed to the higher powers. 'Maybe if I pray in his religion, I can keep him away from me, or at least, keep him from killing those close to me.'

It was worth a shot, if anything.

"The wicked ones torture us but God will save us," the white-haired priest explained, "Satan kills us but God will now. Come, let us pray."

The two males bowed their heads and prayed in the center of the church. Blood red eyes peered into the church at the two, watching them intently as the angel pondered to himself over the information that the priest had given him.

"So that's what you think, huh? Trying to fill that boy's head with such nonsense. God doesn't kill people…What a joke. It even states in the Bible that God had slain thousands who did not believe in him. God does not intimidate me," the spiky-haired angel glanced over to a woman who was placing a batch of white flowers over a nearby grave marker. "I'll show you how shady those who believe in God truly are."

A malicious smirk crossed the angel's face as he pulled out one of his feathers and looked at it for a while as the oil-spill of colors reflected in the sunlight. Red eyes then glanced to the woman as he threw the feather in her direction casually. The quill of the black feather stuck in her neck, and she let out a small yell and fell to the ground, hitting her head on the corner of the concrete cross marker, leaving a small trace of blood as evidence of her fall.

XxXxXx

Seraj and the priest stared at the odd display case in the hall. It was brass and glass and inside of it was an odd looking weapon. The Nepali boy had never imagined that a church would have such things, seeing as the church was a place of peace and worship.

The strange weapon was shaped like a cross and resembled a long dagger. It had intricate biblical images engraved into the handle and Seraj couldn't help but ask what such an instrument was.

"Oh, that," the man said as he glanced at it before looking to Seraj again to explain its existence. "This is a cross saber, it's used to exorcise Sataniel. It is believed that you use this to stab the heart of the dark angel."

Golden eyes widened upon hearing the explanation as the boy felt something cold and metal laid in his hands. Seraj looked down at the sharp object, now lying in his hands. His breath caught in his throat as he continued to stare blankly. 'To…stab into Lucifer's heart…'

It was his only thought as an image of the dark angel with the cross saber sticking out of his chest imprinted itself into his mind. Blood ran down his chest in a twisted glory as the horrified and shocked look etched the angel's perfect features. Vivid images of that face, full of pain and suffering ran through his mind. It was the face of anguish. The face that someone made as they were dying.

And part of him felt sorry for the angel. A part of Seraj never wanted to see the look on his face again. Lucifer had done many horrible things and killed others around him, but did he really deserve to die when he hadn't tried to kill Seraj?

There had to be some other way.

The cross saber hit the ground as Seraj's face twisted in emotion and sorrow. "I can't!" The boy shouted before his voice lowered in defeat. "I just can't do it."

The Nepali boy felt a cold hand on his shoulder as the priest leaned down to him with a warm smile. "You truly are kind. It's alright, the Lord will protect you."

The calming words eased his soul a little as he walked over to the window and looked over the small cemetery that was just outside of the church. Golden eyes scanned over the peaceful grave markers of the dead. Everything looked morbidly serene, minus one grave marker that stuck out from all the rest. It was a large, concrete cross and at the bottom of the strange grave marker, there was a woman's body. She lay on the ground, unmoving.

Seraj's eyes widened upon the sight. The woman looked as if she suddenly died beside of the tomb stone. "Huh?" The Nepali's voice trembled upon the sight. "Hey! There's someone lying beside of one of the grave markers!"

"What?" The old priest's face lit up in surprise as he quickly stumbled to the window and sat both hands on the frame, peering out and squinting his eyes to see more clearly. "The poor thing must have come here to die. Such a sad sight to behold. Let's get down there and properly lay her to rest."

Seraj nodded at the man's words as the two of them headed down to the cemetery.

XxXxXx

The woman's body lay in a casket on the altar in the downstairs area of the church. Both males were performing a prayer session. Seraj's head was bowed in respect for the dead woman as he thought to himself over the ordeal.

'It was really odd that the woman came all the way here to die…I wonder if she hit her head on that grave marker. I thought I saw blood on the corner of the stone but I can't be certain. Do people come to churches to die often?'

Outside of the church, Lucifer leaned against the white wall as he spied a man with short, black hair and brown eyes. He was youthful in appearance and wore a brown suit with a red and blue striped tie. The man seemed happy as he strolled through the graveyard with a bunch of white flowers in his hands. A calm, dark smirk crossed the angel's face as he spied the man. 'This will be interesting. I think I want to do a little body trading and then we'll see if God really kills humans.'

Just as the angel pulled out of his thoughts, the dark-headed youth walked past him. Seeing the opportunity at hand, Lucifer decided to follow him.

After a few moments of walking, he noticed that the dark angel was following him. To him, he appeared like a normal human, not having his wings out or anything. The only thing that differentiated him was that his eyes were still a blood red and his hair still a forest green in coloration. Lucifer was also abnormally tall for a Japanese man, being six foot six in height.

"Huh?" The dark-headed man glanced over his shoulder, then stopped and completely turned towards the angel. "Oh, for a minute there, I thought that you were following me." He told him, a little confused as to what was going on.

"I was wondering if you could show me the way to the confession room," Lucifer asked in his trademark calm voice, showing the human no dark intent whatsoever.

"Confession room?" The male questioned. Was that why he had been following him? Perhaps he thought that he was going to the church.

"Yes, I planned on making a few confessions today," the long-haired angel stated simply.

"If you don't mind me asking, what do you have on your mind that troubles you so?" The man asked with a look of concern as the two began to walk towards the church grounds. If there was anything he could help the strange man with, then he would do his best to do so.

"You see, I've done a lot of things that no amount of repenting could possibly reverse," Lucifer would only admit to that and nothing more.

The man stared at him for a moment, then smiled kindly. "I'm sure God will forgive you," he tried to comfort the angel but his comforting words only got a calm expression with a frown. Lucifer looked at the ground and while his facial features were calm, his eyes gleamed with bitter hatred.

"Somehow, I doubt that," Lucifer chose his words wisely as they strolled down the church hallways.

The man opened a shiny, wooden door with intricate carvings and gestured with his hand to a dark wood room with red carpet and a single black seat. "Here it is, the confession chamber," he instructed as Lucifer went inside.

His hand let go of the door handle to allow it to shut but before he knew it he was pulled into the room. His brown eyes widened in horror as the heavy door shut behind him with a simple bang. Lucifer placed his hand on the door as a wave of red energy flowed across the inside of the room, coating it with a red color before it quickly faded, all too soon for his victim to know the full extent of what was going on.

The man was flung against the wall; his body bounced off of it as he stumbled into the middle of the room and looked wildly around before his eyes feel on Lucifer.

"What are you going to do? Why have you pulled me into the confession room?" He asked the dark angel with that look of fear and desperation that pleasured the dark prince so.

"If you know you're going to heaven, then you shouldn't complain if you die," the angel told him simply. His words made perfect sense in a way. Dying was something that humans had feared since the beginning of time. If one knew that they were going to heaven, then why should the uncertainty of dying be so frightful?

"What?" Shock and panic ran through his being as he felt a sense of claustrophobia took over him. "Help! Help, there's a deranged psycho in here!" He shouted in terror as he continued to glance wildly around the room.

"Scream all you want, no one can hear you in here," the angel held out his hand out to the door as a red V-shaped symbol appeared on the door. "I took liberties to make sure that your screams were silenced."

"What? What are you going to do with me?" The male looked over his shoulder at Lucifer.

"Just give you a little hell. Unbeknownst to you, you are part of a very special pact," the mint-haired angel smiled.

"What are you talking about? What kind of being are you? How are you allowed in such a place like this, using that symbol of all things?" Whoever he is, he certainly had some balls to come into a church and display such a demonic symbol.

"The Sigil of Lucifer is my personal insignia. Well, it's either that or an inverted pentagram," the tan-skinned one closed his eyes and smiled. "It's funny really, how the pentagram is a symbol that most people find Satanic that was originally a holy symbol, used to signify the many wounds of Christ."

The frightened man bent his knees and backed against the wall, trembling as the angel extended his finger to touch his forehead. He lowered his face close to his so close that the two nearly touched noses. "It's funny how you judge me right off the bat, even though the Bible clearly states in its Ten Commandments that you shall not judge. Perhaps you should repent for that sin…Or you might go to hell," he opened his eyes, the red depths reflected the many shade and hues of blood, surrounding a deep, pitch sclera. "Hm, your name is Yamakura Iwao . You attend the same school as Seraj."

"Seraj?" Iwao recognized the name of the foreign exchange student that attended the school.

"Yes, I do believe that you have a child with his ex-fiancée', Sajani," Lucifer informed him of his current involvement.

"How did you-" The boy's eyes widened in shock that he would know something that intimate about him. They had never acted like a couple in school or gave any hints that they were involved together.

The angel held up his finger that he had on his forehead. "It's simple really, I read your mind." Suddenly, the large, black wings that nearly filled the room shot from his back. Iwao's sights turned to the massive seas of black feathers that poured from the angel's shoulder blades.

"Ah…ah…What in the world…are you?" All the school boy could do was shake as his widened eyes took in the sight before him. He could barely believe what he saw. Did wings just shoot from the man's back? This was worse than any hallucination!

"How quick you are to not believe in something that's so blatantly prominent in your religion," Lucifer stated. Humans truly were fickle like that, so quick to doubt what's plainly true.

"You're an angel…"

"Yes, more precisely, a dark angel."

"What do you have to do with Seraj? He comes from Nepal. They don't believe in angels there," Iwao tried to make logical sense of why an angel would be in the presence of that boy, or even know him for that matter. Nothing made since, and Muslim and Christianity were two completely difference religions. He himself was a Japanese Christian but he knew that Seraj was some form of Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist.

"Actually, there are certain Muslim religions that have a Koran with the same messages as the Bible, only portrayed in a little different light, such as the Sefi Muslims," Lucifer informed him of the religions in Nepal and other Arabic countries that did, indeed, believe in him. "Then again, some consider them Satanists."

"Your winds are black and that aura nearly makes me want to go crazy," Iwao closed his eyes and placed a hand to his forehead, trying to his best ability to stabilize his emotions.

The angel's dark smirk grew more sinister as a black feather stuck into the side of the man's neck, causing him to immediately fall to the ground, unmoving. It was as if he died on the spot.

"Foolish, I confess nothing to that asshole," Lucifer commented with a frown as he grabbed Iwao's arm and teleported out of the room.

The two of them ended up traveling to a dingy and black room that was located beneath the church. The coffin was laying flat on a raised platform with stairs going up all sides. Lucifer casually walked over and slid the lid off of the coffin, revealing an empty spot inside where the woman's body had once been. "Good, my zombie summon worked well. Pulling spirits from hell to exist in physical form temporarily worked perfectly for this job," the long-haired angel was satisfied how his plan was coming together so far. "They all believed that she had actually died in that rank little cemetery."

He then placed Iwao's body into the coffin and reached over, grabbing the lid and sliding it half-way over the coffin. He smiled down on the corpse inside of the wooden box that soundly slept, under the spell of his dark feather. "Sweet dreams, infidel. I'll soon see you in hell," the demonic angel smiled as he covered the coffin and started to walk away.

When he was half-way across the room, he snapped his fingers and at the same time, Iwao's eyes opened inside of the coffin. The boy looked wildly around, terrified at what he saw before him. He was alive, inside of what looked like a coffin. The space was only big enough for his body and a panic quickly overcame him and consumed all sense of logic.

'Soon your dreams will be realized and your plans of revenge carried through. If I wasn't summoned to help you, then I wouldn't be trying so hard.' Lucifer thought, then smiled in amusement. "Though I have to admit that it's pretty fun being able to toy with them this way. I'm not allowed to take them from this world directly but I can always turn them against each other or make them kill themselves. Let's see what you think of God's help now, Seraj."

Inside of the coffin, Iwao screamed and cried as he banged as hard as he could in an attempt to get someone to let him out or force the lid off himself. The boy inside was half-crazed from claustrophobia and paranoia as thoughts of hopelessness and death overcame him.

Seraj and the old priest had only made it half-way up the stone stairs before they heard the banging and screaming from within the coffin. The Nepali boy stopped dead in his tracts as the haunting sounds filled his senses. His head snapped up and his black hair seemed to freeze for a moment as chills crawled up his spine.

"What was that?" The boy dared to ask.

"Hurry!" The priest wore a serious expression on his face before he fled back down the stairs, clutching the cross saber close to him as the boy followed. All that could be heard was the rustling of the priest's robes and the clacking of shoes as the two reached the bottom.

The two males stopped dead in their tracks and the priest looked as white as a ghost as they saw the lid fall off of the side of the coffin. They watched in horror as Iwao came out looking half-crazed from fright as tears of insanity rolled down his cheeks and an angry look crossed his face.

'I thought…Wait a minute…We put a girl in that casket and now it's a man…What in the hell is going on here? Maybe it's another coffin or something.' Seraj thought as he stood there, terrified at what he saw.

"Good God! She's shape shifted!" The priest called out, noting that it must have been the work of the devil at hand.

"Why did you do that?" Iwao asked in an unstable and trembling voice. "It was so dark in there and…I couldn't see…I was freaked out…What the hell is wrong with you!? How can you bury someone alive?! You!" He yelled and pointed to Seraj. "You get out of here! Get out!" Iwao yelled in a fit of delusion and charged madly at the boy.

"What?" The Nepali was too afraid and confused to even move. All he could do was stay there and wait for whatever repercussions he was going to face because of his actions.

"Be gone, evil demon!" He heard the priest call out and from that point on, everything seemed surreal and went by so quickly that he had no time to process what was going on. All of a sudden the priest was in front of him and rammed the cross-saber straight into Iwao's heart. He instantly fell over dead and made some gurgling sounds on his way to the floor. When he limp body hit the floor, blood poured out of his chest from around the wound.

As his head turned to the side, Seraj could see a single black feather, protruding from his neck. He walked over and knelt down beside of him as he picked it out. It was a very distinct feather- one that shone of blues and silvers. It was also black in coloration and from that point on, the Nepali boy knew exactly what was going on.

'Lucifer…' He thought as a serious expression crossed his face and he took off running out of the church. The priest tried to call out after him but he knew that it was too late. Seraj was already too far away.

"Wait! Where are you going child?" The old man then closed his eyes and sighed. "May the Lord be with you in this perilous time."

XxXxXx

Seraj ran through the tomb stones of the graveyard and called out to the angel. "Lucifer Come out you sneaky bastard! I know that you did this!" He shouted. Seraj knew that he had to be around somewhere. Lucifer wasn't the type to simply leave. He wanted to stick around and enjoy the crime as it played out. It was one of the angel's sick hobbies.

Lucifer phased in behind him as his name was called, but Seraj continued to shout angrily. "I command you to come out here right now!"

The boy then felt strong arms embrace him from behind, a sign that the angel was present. The shock caused Seraj to make a 'gack' noise and quickly shove the angel back with both hands. He turned around to face Lucifer with an angry look plastered to his face. "What in the hell did you do, Lucifer?" He asked in a scolding tone as he held up the feather.

"The body you found in the cemetery was merely a zombie from hell that I provided a hollow body for. When you and that priest put it in the casket, it simply went back to hell while you were distracted; I went to work on a very special victim," Lucifer explained coolly.

"I knew that boy. His name is Iwao and he was in my class. I've caught onto you by now," Seraj glared darkly. "You don't actually kill them. You make something happen to where they die. You didn't just do it to everyone. You have a specific plan for each person and you somehow slip under my defenses when I least expect it. So, what was your plan for killing Iwao?"

Lucifer grabbed his wrist and held up his hand that contained the feather. "This contains enough magic for a single sage. Angel feathers are very valuable because they have such high magic potency. My feathers will do as I command them. I simply placed it in a pressure point in his body to render him unconscious as I placed him in a casket and covered it. I then snapped my fingers, and released an hallucinogen that made him paranoid, filled with hatred and claustrophobic. He freaked out and that's when that priest came down and murdered him."

"What?" So, it was in the dark angel's plan to have him murdered by the priest, but why?

"Don't let anyone tell you that God will save you and will not kill you. God has killed many thousands of sinners and innocent children who happened to be born part angel under Azreal and numerous others who had descended to Earth to mate with human women," Lucifer explained. No one was free of sin- not even God himself and in many ways, he was the biggest sinner of them all.

"Even the female angels?" Seraj asked.

"It's forbidden for angels to assume a female form. There are no female angels. Actually, we are genderless," Lucifer explained. A female angel was something that humans made up, they did not truly exist.

"No, you aren't genderless," Seraj knew that statement all too well from their escapade in the shower. "Why did you kill Iwao?"

"You don't know?" Lucifer was amused by the fact that he didn't seem to know. Surely Seraj knew, he could not be that stupid.

"Would I ask if I don't?" The Nepali boy huffed. If he knew, then he wouldn't have asked at all. If would have been pointless to do so.

"I'm fulfilling the part of your plan. I killed the father of Sajani's unborn child," Lucifer stated. Those words sent a wave of chills through Seraj's body.

"What!?" No, he didn't! He couldn't have!

"Step one of your plan for revenge is successful. We've managed to rid ourselves of one annoying human," the angel calmly smiled as he basked in his own victory.

"I can't believe you! Oh…wait, yes I can!" Seraj's body shook in anger as his emotions were stretched to their limits once again. This angel had always managed to bring him to the brink of insanity. "You're repulsive! I hate you! If I had that cross saber, I'd stab it through your heart right now!" The boy shouted and took off running.

He wanted nothing more than to be away from Lucifer at this moment in time, and wonder what he was going to say to Sajani about this. The father of her child was dead, and he was a reason that the boy was murdered.

…To Be Continued…