Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 10: Sajani's Revenge ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

By: Melissa Norvell

Contract 10: Sajani's Revenge

XxXxXx

"Why are you so upset? He took your woman away and now he won't be in your way anymore." It was the perfect revenge. What better plan was there then to eliminate your competition? Sajani had taken herself from Seraj and left him alone, with no one to share love with and now she was in the same position as he.

"Yeah, way to make me get hated," the miserable boy placed a hand to the side of his face in dismay. The whole situation thoroughly upset him and he wasn't happy with Lucifer's doing- at all.

He wanted nothing more than to be away from that no good excuse for an angel.

"Do realize that I'm doing this for you," the green-haired angel informed.

Seraj then glanced over to the winged creature who called himself Lucifer. They had made eye contact and he found himself gazing into those endless pools of blood red. A nostalgia came over him as he remembered his first run in with the physical features of that angel. 'I remember those eyes. I remember staring at those eyes of stone when I was lying down. These eyes are real and there's some sort of weird emotion in them that I can't place. There's an ambiguous feeling about him…There's something more to him…' The black-haired boy thought as he tried to decipher the angel's true motives, but just then, he was mentally slapped with the moment at hand. 'Oh! Why am I thinking about that at a time like this!' His thoughts berated him as he spoke to the devilish figure. "Yeah, well don't. You're making her hate me and when she does, you'll be rolling in joy, you sick bastard."

"You wanted this. It seems like you're the sick one," Lucifer pointed out. "In reality, you're no better than me."

That was a comparison that Seraj ultimately hated. No better than Lucifer himself? There was no amount of sin that any human could commit that was as horrible as that angel's crime!

The Nepali boy glared harshly. "Don't tell me that."

Before he could take another breath, he was pulled into a tight embrace by the angel. Seraj was in shock from being pulled forward and his golden eyes widened in shock. He felt the starched fabric of his finely pressed and elaborate clothes against his skin as he heard a deep voice utter the word 'kid' in a strange tone.

It was much more than a simple utterance, but a word of indistinguishable feeling and Seraj couldn't tell for a moment if it was adoration or lust.

Before his thoughts could delve into the depths of kindness, the boy shoved the clinging angel from his form, his features once again transformed into those of offense and irritation. "Stop trying to put me on your level! I am nothing like you. Do you hear me, Lucifer?"

"If you weren't like me, would I be here?" The spiky-haired angel tried to retain his usual calm façade. "I only come to those who are as sinful as I, and if you want revenge, then you're no different for even thinking it."

A sin was a sin, and this boy's were no less forgivable just because he was a priest's son.

"I told you, I don't want this anymore," Seraj shot. It was Lucifer who persisted to carry on the plans he had back out of and not only that but he was forcing him to continue with it by killing off his friends.

"Too bad isn't it?" Lucifer smirked. Causing the boy pain was one of his few shining moments. As long as Seraj got the harsh point of reality, then it made no difference to him. "Things have already happened and you can't stop it now. The plan will continue to commence."

"Why? Why are you doing this to me, Lucifer?" Seraj asked. All of this time he had been strong but on the inside, he struggled to hold his sanity together with what few strands of stability he had left.

He wished, hoped and pleaded for the satanic angel to go away but like a reoccurring nightmare, he was back in his life, day after day, moment after moment. Lucifer was like an enigmatic virus- a cancer with no cure, which slowly ate away at his being until he could no longer take it.

Something that would consume him alive.

"You wished it so. This is our binding contract, held together by your ritual. You must see it through, you have no choice," the Nepali boy was growing weary of that fact being thrown up in his face. It was the one thing that he could not escape, and the one thing that, even until this very moment of his existence, baffled him.

He knew that people often did things that they didn't understand, but whatever compelled him to summon Satan himself was beyond him.

"How many people are going to die because of me?" Seraj asked the question through gritted teeth as he clenched a fist by his side and glanced at the ground, his long, black bangs shaded his eyes as he bore his teeth and shook in emotion.

"That is up to you, Seraj. If you continue to fight against fate, then you'll suffer the repercussions of your actions," the spiky-haired angel explained.

Seraj said nothing.

A long silence passed between them as the boy could feel Lucifer's blood red eyes upon him. He felt like a popular exhibit at a museum, on display for the world to see and not only that, it was as if the angel before him could see far more then he had ever wanted anyone to see.

Luckily, he was saved by a knocking at his door. As Seraj turned towards the door, a smirk of satisfaction crossed the evil man's face, for he knew what was about to happen. It was just as he had planned and little did Seraj know, but he was about to be in for another harsh test from him.

"Aren't you going to open the door?" Lucifer asked, with no hidden intentions behind his voice.

"You'd better not be trying anything," Seraj gave him a leery look. He knew that quirk of his all too well. Lucifer always had a plan, and there would be no doubt in Seraj's mind that he didn't have one cooked up or cooking up now.

"No, I don't think I need to right now," the angel said simply. 'I'll just let things play out as they should. Besides, this plan, if successful, will bring him closer to me.'

The black-haired boy sighed and walked over to the door. To him, it was nothing more than another one of Lucifer's lies. He opened the door to see Sajani, dressed in white and standing there with a bouquet of white lilies in her hands. She had a solemn look on her face, almost as if she were going to cry.

"Seraj, we need to talk," she told him as soon as his eyes met hers.

"Why?"

"I think that you don't care, but I just found out that the father of my child has died," Sajani's voice cracked on the last part of the sentence as she bit back her tears.

"What?" The boy's face lit up in shock at the news he had just heard. 'That man in the church…the guy that that priest killed with the cross-saber!' It was all beginning to make sense to him now.

Tears ran down the Nepali girl's face as she sobbed lightly. "I heard that you might know what happened to him."

Seraj's eyes widened. "Who told you that?"

"Yaone told me that you were at the church that he died in that day," Sajani had come to him for answers, not knowing of what she might get in turn. Seraj had known what happened to him. Seraj was there and he knew that Lucifer had gotten rid of him to make Sajani hate him.

That was exactly why Lucifer didn't need to do anything to him this time, because he already knew that when Sajani found out, she'd surely hate him.

'Yaone! That sick little puppet of Lucifer!' It was her fault! If not for her then he wouldn't have had to face off against Sajani about any of this. No doubt it was Lucifer's plan.

"Yes, I was," he replied reluctantly. 'How did she know? I didn't tell anyone that I was there…Lucifer…It had to be him…'

"Do you know what happened to him?" The questions kept pouring from his exes' mouth and he wanted nothing more for them to stop, but he knew if he were in the same position as Sajani, then he would want as many answers as he could get so he didn't blame her there.

"A priest killed him," Seraj replied in a labored sigh. He might as well tell her the truth now and get it over with.

"Don't lie," Sajani's voice became firm and angry. She didn't find it a joke to say such things about priests. "A priest wouldn't do such a thing. I know many people who go to that church and there is only one priest who is there all of the time. He's a sweet man and he wouldn't hurt anyone. Tell me what really happened."

"It's the truth," the black-haired boy tried to explain. He knew that it would be hard to run things by her with that explanation but that was his story and he was sticking to it. "I don't feel like being patronized by you, Sajani. I'm sorry that it happened to you and everything but-"

"Tell that to my fatherless child!" The distraught woman no longer cared. She was tired of his misleading lies and falsehoods about the priest. Sajani couldn't stand it anymore. "Whatever it is, you did it and I know that you did it!"

"What did Yaone say?" Seraj wanted to know what that devil's advocate said before he went any further. He wasn't willing to give up anything that she didn't already know.

"She said that you hated the fact that I left so, you wanted revenge on me so you made a pact with the evil spirits. I'll never go back out with you, never! I don't care what kind of promise our parents made. I'm not going back to Nepal and I'm not going back out with you," Sajani wanted to make it very clear that she didn't like Seraj or harbor any feelings for him anymore and now that he had evil spirits working with him, she really didn't want to be around something so corrupt.

"What?!" Seraj was taken aback by what the girl said. She acted like he did this because he wanted her back. "You cheated on me! Do you honestly think I want you back so you can hurt me again?"

"You are possessed by evil spirits!" Sajani pointed to him. "I saw one in the bathroom at school."

"In the bathroom?" Seraj arched an eyebrow and looked confused. What in the world was she talking about? That was a random and disturbing place to see a spirit.

"Yes, he called himself Lucifer and he said that he was in a binding spell with you or something. Yaone also told me that you wanted to make me miserable," there really hadn't been anything that the blonde left out. Yaone had truly told Sajani everything that was going on.

"She did what?"

"Yes, you heard me. I was walking from the church. They took his body to be investigated. They say that he was stabbed by a knife of some kind. The priest wasn't even there, so I doubt he even knows what happened. I saw Yaone, walking through the graveyard as I was leaving," Sajani said as vivid imagery flooded to her senses of what had happened that day.

She and Yaone passed each other on the walkway, Sajani had been crying ever since she had found out. Tears streamed down her face as she wept for the loss of her child's father. The Nepali girl knew that the stress wasn't good for the baby but she couldn't help to feel sad over the loss of her partner.

As she passed the blonde, she looked casually over at the dark-skinned girl in question. "What's wrong, Sajani?" Yaone asked as she followed her off.

"Iwao is dead. He was murdered in the church," the girl sobbed as she wiped her eyes but no matter how many times she wiped away the tears, she couldn't stop them from falling.

"You know, I wonder if Seraj knows what's happened to them. I saw him here earlier," Yaone noted.

"You did?" Sajani's emotional voice was heard as she cast a look of sorrow towards the other girl. "What was he doing here? He's Muslim."

"Perhaps." Yaone replied simply, as if she doubted his religion, which in fact, she did.

"What do you mean?" The Nepali girl was confused. Last time she checked, Seraj was definitely Muslim.

"I think he's Satanic myself, or at least he believes in Lucifer," the blonde noted.

"How can that be? The Nepali culture does not believe in Satan. We think Satan is a presence and not a being," Sajani explained how her religion worked as far as the aspect of evil went.

"The presence has to come from somewhere. It's true that sin is all around us but if there is an effect, there is also a cause as well. Whatever our beliefs, there's a class of Muslims who are called Sefi Muslims who do believe in Lucifer," Yaone pointed out.

"They are considered Satanists," Sajani told her.

"Yes, they are. I think Seraj may be going the same way," the blonde replied.

"I don't understand any of this," Seraj was the son of a priest and his entire life was devoted to being holy, even though he had went against his parents in the past, he knew that evil spirits were nothing he truly wanted to tamper with, not to mention, when his parents told him he was possessed by evil spirits, she had remembered how sad it made him feel.

Why would he all of a sudden want to have connections with the evil spirits?

"Seraj is in a binding pact with the evil spirit to kill all of the things that caused him misfortune and your baby's father was one of them," the news she delivered was harsh but Yaone had to tell her, no matter what she would think of it all. The blonde didn't couldn't afford to see Seraj get back with her and defy Lucifer.

"What are you saying?" Sajani's face lit up with surprise and she stopped walking completely.

"He killed Iwao so that he could get revenge on you for cheating on him."

"What?" The Nepali's voice was barely audible as she asked the question with faint shock.

"You claimed to see a black-winged spirit in the girl's bathroom at school, right?" Yaone asked.

"Yes, the whole school thinks I'm crazy but that's what I saw," Sajani looked down as she remembered how she was teased about the subject.

"That's the spirit who is pulling his strings. That's the spirit that is helping him get revenge on you. Together, they killed Iwao."

Upon remembering that moment in time, the tears that she had thought she'd dried proceeded to flow down her face as she sobbed loudly. "You can't get around it. I know that you killed him. It was you and that spirit-"

The girl's words were cut off by Seraj's argument. "Don't even act like you know what you don't! You have no idea what kind of hell I've went through to keep the spirit from hurting or even killing you, even though I'm not with you. I still wanted to at least be friends," the boy was seething angry. Sajani was both oblivious and ungrateful to the fact that he had busted his ass to try and save her from Lucifer. It was about as low as anyone could get.

"I'll never be anything to you. I hate you, Seraj and I want to see you suffer. I want to see you pay for murdering him because I have no proof to turn you in and I know none will be found," the girl glared at him with cold eyes, filled with hatred. It was one of the things that Seraj feared- losing her and now he truly had. She hated him. It was the one thing that he had tried to stop and it happened anyway.

"I didn't kill him!" Seraj yelled out in frustration.

"I don't believe you," the stubborn girl replied.

"Well, I don't know how else to prove it to you."

"Save me your pity. You are no longer my friend. I do not wish to know you and I'll make sure you pay for murdering my lover," her words were dark as she said good bye and quickly turned away as she took his door and slammed it in his face. "I don't even want to look at you anymore. You're a disgusting killer." Seraj heard her say as she walked away.

The boy stood as he looked at the door with a shocked expression on his face. 'Sajani…I didn't want to do this…' He clenched his fists in anger once more. "I never meant to make you suffer," he said aloud as his fist shook in anger.

"It's your fault, you know," Lucifer just had to rub it in. Of all of the people who could have said something, that baritone voice irritated him the most.

"Shut up…" Seraj muttered darkly. Then, something inside of him snapped. He couldn't take it anymore. The Nepali boy had enough! He had been stretched to his limit and blind rage took over his body. "Shut up!" Seraj shouted as he charged at the angel in an emotional rage.

Lucifer stood there, stock still as the boy pummeled his chest over and over again until he wore himself out. "I hate you! Do you hear me! I hate you!" Seraj shouted on the verge of tears. “You make my life miserable and you turned me against Sajani! I hope you're happy, you black winged bastard! You got your damned wish!"

"I don't know why you're so upset," Lucifer ignored the dull pain in his chest. "You wanted this. You even got into a contract with me to assure that it would happen. An angel only does the bidding of the one who appoints them and from there on out it will carry out your bidding until your desire is fulfilled."

"You manipulative bastard! You're using my emotions against me!" Seraj shook as his head hit the angel's broad chest.

"I'm doing what you want," his words were simple with no emotions behind them.

"You made her hate me!" His words only brought Seraj's emotions back to him and he began to punch the angel's chest again and again. "Why?! Why?" The Nepali boy punched Lucifer in the chest a few more times before he collapsed into the angel's form, resting his head on his shoulder as he began to silently sob.

"Such a stubborn boy," Lucifer's voice was oddly kind when the phrase escaped his lips as he ran a hand through Seraj's hair.

"Don't touch me. You're a monster and I hate you!" The emotional boy continued weakly. "You make my life a living hell!" His fist weakly hit the angel's chest again as the boy trembled in emotion.

"Hush…" Lucifer chided the boy. "Go to sleep now," the long-haired angel then placed a hand on the top of the boy's head as black sparkles fell upon his form and a cold sensation swept over him.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Seraj asked groggily but before he could get his answer, he fell asleep with his head on the angel's shoulder.

"The human emotions, when pushed to their brink, never cease to amaze me," Lucifer said to himself as he wrapped his arms around the sleeping boy's form. 'When humans desire something, their drive is so strong that they will do anything to obtain their desires. It was once said that Faust sold his soul to obtain the power of immortality. Humans make their own decisions and the inner desire is much more powerful than one could ever imagine and by nature humans have always striven for more, even if they obtain what they desire, they find new goals and the cycle repeats itself.' A pleasant smirk crossed the man's face as he looked down at the sleeping boy. 'He's lost control of his emotions, so that makes this game in my favor. Now that the girl hates him and wants revenge against him, phase one of my plan is complete.'

To Be Continued…