Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Romancing Lucifer ❯ Contract 11: Premonition ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

XxXxXx

Romancing Lucifer

Contract 11: Premonition

By: Melissa Norvell

XxXxXx

The Nepali boy sat at a small, wooden table in an intricately carved kitchen chair as he gazed at the Tarot cards that were laid out in front of him in an intricate pattern. He concentrated as he carefully chose a card off to the right of him and flipped it over, revealing the Ace of Hearts.

"The Ace of Hearts, an unforeseen future comes my way," Seraj told himself as Lucifer placed a ringed hand on the side of the table and leaned down to face to the boy. "Cards don't determine your fate, only I do."

"Go away," the black-haired boy responded coldly as he flipped over another card to reveal the Jack of Diamonds. "Jack of Diamonds, I'll be blessed with the love of a gorgeous woman," he continued to read the Tarot as Lucifer's face twisted into one of annoyance as he casually took the card he had just flipped over and ripped it in half.

"Hey!" This action brought Seraj up out of his chair. "What are you doing?"

"That is the fate of the Jack of Diamonds," the angel's words, while smooth were cold and promised hidden pains for Seraj. He heard the cold clacks as he walked away just as gracefully as he came in as the two halves of the card fluttered to the ground. The Nepali boy shut his eyes and sighed to himself.

XxXx

Seraj walked into class as if he had just woken up. His clothes and hair were in disarray and he looked as if he had not slept in a couple of days. When he walked into the room, several of the students glanced at him with odd or judgmental expressions, but he didn't care. It didn't matter to him what they thought about him.

"You look terrible," Yaone told him as casually as she would have greeted him if he had come in like it was a normal day.

"How could you tell her about what happened at church, even after you know that she saw Lucifer in the bathroom?" Seraj glared down at the girl. How could he have been so stupid, to think that she would have kept it a secret! She was his messenger after all.

"I'm just a messenger. I do what my lord asks me and the day I ran into Sajani, I was given specific instructions by Lucifer himself to carry out his original plan, and so I did," the blonde told him simply. Her tone was the same as that angel's. He could have sworn that he was talking to the living, female version of him.

"What kind of screwed up person are you?" Seraj didn't know whether to be appalled or shocked at the girl's nature. How could she be so cold and ruthless towards the matter? It was as if she didn't care at all what happened to her classmates, him or even herself.

"Well, you always knew I was this way, Seraj. I don't really know why you're so shocked," Yaone replied as he took his seat in class and the teacher began to lecture everyone over what their assignments would be for that day.

"You're just as evil as he is."

"Why are you still my friend, if all you do is hate me?" Yaone asked. If he did just hate her, then he shouldn't have even bothered sitting by her, much less pretended to be her friend all of this time to think that she'd honestly give him a reason to go against Lucifer.

"It's really hard to be sometimes," Seraj said in a disgruntled voice.

"Then don't," her words were cold and brash. If he truly was using her, then she wanted him to stop. Yaone wasn't fond of being pulled away from her master's guidance and being set up to go against him.

"What? Why do you say this? Don't you care? Don't you care about what happened to Ukayou or Doramon? Don't you have a heart in the slightest?" Seraj questioned the girl's integrity and capability to have human emotions. During the entire time he'd been with Lucifer, he'd seen very little feeling from the blonde schoolgirl if any. He was tired of her emotionless façade.

"You obviously don't understand, so there's nothing to tell you. You're being completely immature," she commented in the same way she had been. In reality, Seraj was irritating her but she was only putting up with her because of Lucifer's demands. Yaone had owed him for previous deeds and she would not go against him now.

Seraj put a hand to his chest in offense. "I'm not going to be his pawn! Do you hear me? NOT happening." It was the one thing that he had been hard set on and he would not deviate from it now. No matter what odds were against him, he would find a way away from Lucifer's tyranny, no matter what the cost.

"You knew the consequences and you continued to go through with it simply because you wanted revenge and you couldn't control your answer. As quickly as you said you, you could have said no but you didn't, so why don't you take some responsibility for your actions, instead of pawning it off on everyone else? If you did Ukayou and Doramon would both be alive," the girl glared him down with a displeased frown. "Because of you insolence, I get punished too."

"If you want to blame someone, then blame yourself. This was all your idea, Yaone," Seraj felt as if he wasn't lying. Yaone was the one who had offered that he come to her house, Yaone was the one who gave him the ritual as a method of revenge and Yaone was the one who summoned Lucifer. If she thought he was too incompetent to handle it, then she shouldn't have done any of it, especially if she knew that she would be punished too.

Just then, the bell rang and Yaone quickly gathered her things and walked out of the door, ahead of all of the other students as fast as she could. Right now, she wanted nothing more than to get away from Seraj and his idiotic self.

"Where are you going?" Seraj walked up to her as she turned the corner.

The blonde whirled around with an ice cold expression. "I've said enough. If you still don't want to listen, then don't complain when you get bad luck. I won't help you anymore."

"Help?" The Nepali boy was outraged that she even thought that she was helping him. "What are you calling help? The only person you wanted to help was Lucifer."

"Your voice is annoying," Yaone told him simply as she walked away down the hall, and mixed in with the general school populous.

"Ugh! That damned woman!" Seraj yelled in frustration as he stomped his foot on the ground and clenched his fists at his sides. He then turned in a huff and trudged down the hall, fed up with many things, from Lucifer to Yaone, it didn't matter. Right now, the entire world seemed to be against him. 'Damn them…Damn their sick little plan to get me roped into this.' The boy thought as he turned the corner with his sights on the ground and crashed right into someone.

It had been a girl who was a good foot shorter then he was. She was petite and she had been glancing the other way. Her small form stumbled back as they crashed into each other.

As he turned his gazes towards the one he ran into, he saw a small-framed girl with puffy, sky blue hair and large, round, innocent looking eyes. She held one hand to her mouth and wrapped the other arm around her lower breast. "Oh!" She called out as she finally saw him, a moment too late.

"Ugh!" Seraj jolted back as he placed a hand to his forehead. "Sorry! Are you alright?" The boy asked.

"Yes, I'm fine," the blue-haired girl smiled a little in embarrassment. "I should actually be the one to apologize. I wasn't watching where I was going," she apologized. She didn't mean to run into him and she really should have watched where she was going.

"I was just in a bad mood is all," Seraj replied.

"Oh, my name is Sayakama Rie," the school girl placed a hand on her small chest as she introduced herself.

"I'm Seraj, nice to meet you," Seraj told her coldly as he walked by her. He couldn't let her know him. If she knew him, then she'd be just another pawn on Lucifer's twisted chess board. He didn't want to give the angel any more pawns to play against him.

"Wait!" However, this would be easier said than done with this girl. Rie ran up to him and grabbed his arm lovingly as she smiled. "Can we walk together?" The girl asked as she glanced up at him with large, happy eyes.

"Huh? You want to walk with me?" The Nepali boy asked with slight confusion. In Nepal, no one had ever really wanted to stay around him, much less be his friend.

Rie nodded. "Of course I do. Why? Is there something I should know about you?" Half of it was a question and half of it was a bit of a joke. After all, it wasn't like he was cursed or anything, right?

"I'm kind of cursed," he spoke the words that the girl had only joked about in her mind. Seraj wore a serious expression as his black bangs fell over his eyes and a frown grew on his face.

It seemed that he was quite serious.

"Cursed?" Rie blinked in confusion. "How?"

"I'm haunted by evil spirits," Seraj said grimly. He really didn't want to tell Rie, but he was tired of talking to Yaone. Right now, it seemed as if the blond was the last person in the world who cared about his problems. Rie seemed very kind; although a bit clingy and he hoped that she wouldn't think of him as insane.

"Evil spirits? What do they do?" Rie was concerned about his problem with Lucifer. He couldn't possibly tell her the extent of Lucifer's evil manipulation, for she would definitely run away from him.

"They caused me a lot of pain," he decided to leave the rest of the horrible events up to her to find out. It wasn't like he would have told her anyway, since he wanted her to be left in the dark. If Rie found out that people have died by simply being around him, then he was sure to never have all of his high school friends turn on him.

"You really seem down," Rie's expression saddened as she looked at the cold tile as she took each step closer to her locker. "I know! Do you want to go out to eat later? I have some extra money and you look like just the guy who could use a little pick-me-up!" The blue-haired school girl beamed.

"You don't even know me. Why would you randomly take me out?" Seraj found it strange that Rie would make him such an offer.

"I know of you," Rie responded. "You're that exchange student from Nepal. You're Sajani's boyfriend."

"Not anymore…We hate each other now," the Nepali boy replied in words that dripped with regret. Lucifer had screwed up his relationship with that woman, whether it be a chance to be friends or otherwise.

Those days of happiness were now long gone.

"Really? Why?" The inquisitive girl asked. It seemed that she was full of questions about all of the wrong subject matter.

"Because…She cheated on me." Those words were still painful to utter, even now but they were the harsh reality of the situation.

"I'm really sorry," Rie's expression turned to one of sympathy. "I've noticed that she was acting strange lately. That must be why, huh?"

"Something like that…" The Nepali boy still insisted on being avoidant. He would tell her no more then what she had asked. "I didn't know that you knew her."

"My friends hang out with her so I just kind of tag along," the blue-haired girl admitted. "I don't really know her like they do but I have talked to her a few times."

"I see."

A moment of silence passed between them as nothing but the talk of other students and the sound of their own footsteps against the tile hallway could be heard.

"So, what about it?" Rie finally tried her question again, this time in a different form.

"What about what?" Seraj's mind had been in many places and school was the least of his worries.

"So, is it a date? Dinner with me, that is?" The blue-haired girl questioned.

"Sure," his answer was distant, but perhaps if he went with her, then he would get his mind off of Lucifer. Aside from that, he'd rather not spend any more time with him then what he had. 'After all, it will give me time away from Lucifer. I really don't feel like looking at his face right now anyway.' He thought as he glanced over to the happy girl. 'She is really nice and she cares about me even though she doesn't know me…I've never met someone like that before…It's kind of nice.'

A strange feeling of warmth over swept his heart. It was something that he had not felt in a long time- friendship, love and overall kindness. It made him feel alive and it made him feel as if he were accepted by society.

Rie was his blessing in disguise.

"Yay!" The girl cheered with a smile on her face. She nearly jumped up and down as her small body shuttered in delight. "I'll pick you up after school. The sushi restaurant isn't that far from my house. We can go there. Just give me directions to your house and I'll be there!"

"Alright," Seraj replied with a slight smile. It was the first time he had really been peaceful in a while.

"I'll see you then!" The happy girl replied as she shot off towards class. Rie couldn't wait until she school was over, so that she could spend some time with the Nepali boy. She had always been interested in meeting someone from another culture and Seraj was a particular point of interest.

XxXxXx

That afternoon, Seraj hurried to get ready. He quickly stripped himself of his school uniform as he fumbled through his drawers to find something he thought would be worthy of going to a restaurant in. The boy paused in the middle of taking off his shirt as he heard the familiar footsteps of the angel as he walked into the room. Seraj took off the shirt and turned around to the wicked angel as annoyance crossed his face.

"What? Do you mind?" He asked in irritation as Lucifer quietly walked over and sat in his desk chair as he looked at what appeared to be a Tarot card in his elegant hand.

"Have you fallen for her?" Lucifer had what seemed to be a disappointed look on his face.

"What?" Seraj asked. Where the hell did that accusation even come from? He had only known her for a day and he was already getting questioned about that topic?

"You should end this before you regret it," the angel warned, and Seraj knew all too well of warnings like that. Whenever he did something that upset the angel, he knew there would be hell to pay and quite literally at that.

"I like her and it's a feeling that someone like you could never understand," Seraj shot coldly. What did a crooked snake like Lucifer know about love?

The angel frowned subtly as he continued to stare at the card that he held in his hand. "Your decision will be your down fall," Lucifer's words were sharp and cold as he flipped over the card and revealed the identity of the image to Seraj.

It was one that horrified him.

On the card was a brutal image of Rie being stabbed with a sword as her blood sprayed across the card and her face twisted in an agonizing scream.

XxXxXx

Rie checked her reflection in the mirror once more, to make sure that she looked appropriate for a date at the sushi restaurant. The girl didn't wear anything fancy, just a frayed, short, blue jean skirt and a melon colored spaghetti strapped shirt with brown sandals that had a large, pink flower in the middle.

The girl then headed down the stairs and ran across the living room, towards the front door. As soon as her hand touched the door handle, she was stopped by a harsh, male voice.

"Excuse me young lady, where are you going?" Her father asked as he stood behind her.

Rie froze. "Um…To the sushi place," she replied. Her father seemed to be in an odd mood today. The girl had never seen him this angry before and she wondered what she had done to upset him.

"Who are you going with?" The man continued to question her.

"My friend Seraj, from school," Rie explained. Usually, her father didn't mind who she went places with. In fact, he usually didn't even care to ask her.

"A boy? What have I told you about going out with boys?" The man's angry tone grew in strength as he seemed to become irate over the issue.

"Dad, it's not like that! I have a lot of boys who are my friends. He's just my friend," the girl explained. She knew that her father didn't want her dating until she had turned eighteen and Rie told him that she wouldn't, but her explanation was not good enough as he violently grabber her arm, enough to make the girl call out in pain from the force of the grip.

"Ow! Hey! You're hurting me! Stop!" Rie cried out, nearly in tears from the pain of her father's cruel grip. He had never put his hands on her before and right now, she was scared out of her mind.

"I forbid you to go." Her father commanded.

"Stop!" The blue-haired girl cried as she struggled against him to let her go. The two of them continued to struggle against each other and when her father's grip loosened, Rie shoved him back as forcefully as she could and he hit the wall with a shocked look on his face as his neck found the coat rack and one of the prongs had forced its way through his skin as blood ran down the wall behind him.

"What's wrong with you?" Rie shouted emotionally, half of it was fright and the other frustration and confusion. "He's just my friend and we weren't-"

Her sentence was cut off as her father's body slid down the wall to reveal the blood that had seeped through the wall paper and ran down the blue wall in large streams as her father's body lay dead on the ground.

The horrified girl gasped as her eyes widened in shock. "Oh my God…Oh no!" Rie said as she felt her heart race and she began to panic. "I…I didn't…I didn't mean to." The girl rushed to her father's side as she shook him. "Dad? Dad, are you okay? Dad!" She shouted as tears began to roll down her face. "Dad, please talk to me." The hysterical girl continued to cry as she stood up and shakily took a couple of steps back as her body trembled with uncontrollable emotion.

"I-I killed him…Oh God…Oh God…What do I do?" Rie then began to frantically run around her house blindly. "What do I do? I killed him! I killed him!" In her fright, Rie tripped over her own two feet and fell into a window, busting the glass and falling outside. The blue-haired girl tumbled out of the open space and landed on a tree stump that had a shape edge protruding from the right side, where it had been cut at an uneven angle. The girl's neck landed on that piece as it lodged itself in her throat, killing her within minutes.

Lucifer appeared before the dead girl's body. "My possession worked perfectly. Once fear has taken over, one begins to panic. Once panic sets in, they lose all sense of logic," the angel then closed his eyes and smirked slightly. "So much for the Jack of Diamonds."

XxXxXx

Seraj checked his watch for what seemed like the tenth time that afternoon with a worried expression on his face. "She was supposed to show by now. I wonder if anything happened," he said aloud to himself as he pondered her possible disappearance.

Lucifer strolled into the room after hearing his words of worry. The angel's blood red eyes casually went to the boy with slight faux curiosity. "Thought you were going out?"

"You're a real prick, you know that?" Seraj shot as he narrowed his eyes at that calm voice that just dripped with sarcasm and mockery of his situation. Already, he had gotten the feeling that the ruthless angel had something to do with the reason Rie hadn't shown up yet.

"Of course."

"You know where she lives…don't you?" Seraj persecuted the angel. He had remembered from both his report and Lucifer's words when they first met- angels could read minds and as far as the living went, they knew a vast majority of things that humans did not.

"I can tell you, yes."

Of course, Seraj wanted to know. With narrowed eyes and a frown plastered on his face, he easily got the information from the angel and quickly headed out of the door and down the street in search for Rie.

If she had not been there by now, the something had obviously happened to her but the only question was- what?

'Why do I have a bad feeling about this? She should have been here by now and then sun is about to set. Rie, what happened?' The Nepali boy asked himself mentally as he sped down the concrete sidewalks.

As he became lost in thought, he soon found himself at the girl's door step, pounding on her door as hard as he could. After a few moments, he glanced down to see a pool of blood at his feet that seeped out from under the door. His eyes widened in horror and shock as he pounded on the door harder. 'What the hell happened?'

"Rie! Rie!" He yelled the girl's name as loud as he could as both fists hit the door and he clenched his eyes shut to keep from staring at the red fluid below him that now ran beneath his tennis shoes. 'I don't want to do this but…' Seraj thought as he backed up and rammed the door with all of the force that he could.

When his body hit the door, it popped open and flung out as it slammed against the wall. Seraj stopped dead in his tracks in the doorway as he beheld the ghastly sight before him. There, underneath of the coat rack, laid her father's body, which had been the source of the blood that ran beneath the door. "What happened here?" The black-haired male questioned as he glanced around slowly. 'It looks like there was a murder.'

Then, he could hear the feathers rustling of an outstretched wing.

'The sound of feathers.'

"Lucifer!" Seraj shouted as he turned around to see the angel, standing before him clad in another elaborate, princely outfit that consisted of a red, form-fitting jacket with an abundance of black frills cascading from the sleeves and red slacks with his usual black dress shoes. He stared down the stone-cold angel with a look of misery and disgust. "You did this, didn't you? How dare you!"

"Let's get one thing straight, Seraj. You are mine and whatever Jack of Diamonds comes into your life- will be quickly eliminated." It was one of the few times that Lucifer had said something of emotion. It was not his usual faux calm air and poker face that he wore no matter what the situation. His tone was strong, possessive and sharp enough to cut through a stone wall and his glare was ice cold, a deadly warning to him if he even attempted to find another to confide in aside from him. Lucifer had meant every word and promised a quick and precise death to anyone who dared to take what was his.

Deep down, it intimidated Seraj but he would not show it.

"What? We were just going to eat sushi. What's wrong with you? I can't even have friends around you now?" The male spoke bravely against the angel, despite his protests to keep quiet.

"Honor the pact," Lucifer warned as he folded his arms over his chest.

"Get off it."

"Accept me or your world will be hell."

"It already is. What else can you do to me, huh?" As soon as the words came from Seraj's mouth, he wished they wouldn't have.

"It can get worse," Lucifer replied simply. It didn't matter to him. If Seraj wanted to keep playing the game, then he would torture him until he submitted to his will.

"I'd love to know," the Nepali boy damned his stubborn ways. No matter how much his brain yelled for him to shut up, he just wouldn't let himself be run over by the angel's words. He would fight to the end, no matter what ending it was.

"Then keep testing me. My patience grows thin." This was not Lucifer's usual casual remark; this was a promise of pain.

"Why do you want me?" The Nepali boy questioned his motives. "Why does it have to be me? What the hell is your goal?"

"So, you want to know my true goal, do you?" Lucifer seemed amused with his question. He would hardly tell him his entire plan, but he figured that he would humor Seraj by telling him what he wanted to accomplish in the plan he had set up recently, since it had already succeeded and was now considered over.

"That's why I asked it the whole time," the sarcastic remark came. "What the hell is your goal and why do you want me so badly? What kind of part do I play? Why am I so important that you can't find someone else?"

"You do know that the truth hurts, don't you?"

"Can't hurt me anymore than it already has," Seraj shot. If this was the bitter truth of how his life was going to end up, then what could possibly hurt more then what was going on in it now? He had already lost everyone important to him, what else could possibly be worse?

"Tarot is an occult game used to foretell your future so consider this," Lucifer held up a card whose identity was masked to the world. "On the front of this card is my true goal. The answers to all of your questions lie here. If you dare to look at its contents then you can't be shocked to reveal the truth." The angel said as he placed the card between his long fingers and flicked it over to the boy, who caught it face down.

Seraj closed his eyes for a few moments, in dread of what he'd find on the other side of the card. Whatever it was, even if he saw it, he would still be unsure whether or not it was the truth or one of the angel's lies. The boy took a deep breath as he flipped over the card, and what was on the front shocked him, nearly beyond words.

"Wh-What? What is this?" The black-haired boy asked, barely above a whisper.

Throughout all that he had endured with Lucifer, he would have not expected to see something like the image that lie, described as fate on the other side of that Tarot card.

…To Be Continued…