Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sent from Heaven ❯ Josh's Party ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: Story belongs to the author; I just edit and post... Oh gods, what if I end up to be an old, cranky language professor?

Warnings: Again, there's no swearing aside from my potty mouth (oops...), but the rating may go up in future chapters. Also, beware of old, cranky language professors. They're a bad influence.




Chapter 3: Josh's Party


I ran to give my mom and brother a kiss. I think he likes me, I thought to myself. Then I rushed to my room to do homework. After homework, I asked Mom about Liz's party. She said yes! I called Liz and told her I could come. Then I tromped downstairs for supper. Afterwords, I was watching TV when the phone rang. Nobody answered it, so I did.


---

"Hey. This is Nicole speaking." Not having caller ID, I didn't know who the other person was, of course.

"Hey. This is Josh."

"Josh!" I said. "Hi! What's up?"

"Nothing much," he replied. "I was just wondering if you wanted to come to my party tonight. I know the notice is a little late and all, but it turned into now-or-never thing. My parents are coming home tomorrow morning."

"Um, hold on. I'll check. Mom!" I yelled.

"What, Nicole? I'm trying to feed the baby!"

"Yeah, I know that, but can I go to Josh's party tonight?"

"Sure. Be back by ten."

"Mom, it's a Friday!"

"Fine, eleven."

"Okay, Mom. She said yeah, but I need to be back by eleven," I told Josh.

"Ok, cool. So, I'll see you there?"

"Yeah. Talk to you there... Hey, is Liz coming? I heard you guys used to be friends."

"Well, I didn't plan on it, but if you want her to, I wouldn't mind if she did."

"Is that cool with you, though?" I asked.

"Yeah. I don't mind at all. I mean, we just went our separate ways. Maybe sometime I can tell you our great story."

"Sounds good to me. Bye."

"See you."


---

Well, I was off to my first party of the year. What was I supposed to wear? I picked a white ruffled mini skirt and an orange tank top along with my orange flip flops. When I got there, the front lawn was filled with people, and when I went inside, it was even more crowded. I went to find Josh and asked him where Liz was. He said he didn't call her. I was kind of mad. My only two friends in the whole grade had split up, which I guess isn't my problem since I'm not either of them.




Reviews, constructive criticism, and flames are welcome!

So...

Who wants coffee?



.