Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sent from Heaven ❯ The Birth ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Updates: The explanation for Nicole's Dad's (beware of apostrophe's... they may bite) absence was fixed a bit, and there's a minor change at the end.

Disclaimer: Story and characters belong to the author, not me. (But the summaries are mine. Hehehe...) I just edit and post. No profit is being made here. *sigh*

Warnings: Car crash! Woot! Woot! But don't worry -- it's only a little bump. (Dang it.) Rating may go up in future chapters.




Chapter 2: The Birth


Two blocks from school Mom swerved out of nowhere and hit the curb. I was so freaked out. I didn't know what was wrong until Mom yelled, "I'm going into labor! Call your dad!"

"Mom, there's no way Dad will make it to the hospital. He's at work... But I've reached an ambulance. You're okay," I told her, not very convincingly, but then she passed out. Lucky me -- I got out of school to sit in the hospital waiting room while Mom had a C-Section. A nurse came and told me to follow her; she brought me to my new little brother.


---

I was supposed to have a sister.

"He would be with your mom, but since she's still asleep from the meds you get to see him first," she told me, with a smile on her face. I watched through the glass, thinking it couldn't be that bad having a brother. I mean, we could go, uh... skating... together.

Eventually, it was time for him to leave. He had to be cleaned up and sent to the nursery, so I called Dad to tell him the news and went to visit mom.


---

It was the day after. After the bell rang I'd be able home to see my baby brother, Carro -- like the Spanish name, Carro. Anyway, the bell rang for us to go home. I went to my locker, put my books away, and then turned to Josh.

"Hey, Josh. How was your day?" I asked.

"Cool," he said, "But I gotta go. Sharon is calling me for something. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I replied, and he ran off.


---

As I jogged to the car, Liz came up to me.

"Nicole," she said, "do you want to come to my party this weekend? I'll call you about it."

I'd love to," I explained, "But I got to ask my mom, you know? What's your number?"

"555-0980. Call me," she said running for more people.


---

I finished my path to the car, got in, and buckled my seat belt.

"Hi, Grandma," I said. Grandma lived in Vegas before us; she was helping in taking care of things around the house since Dad was gone to wherever and Mom can't drive yet.

"How was school?" Grandma asked.

"Fine."

All was silent until we go home, me wishing I could drive.




Reviews, constructive criticism, and flames are welcome!

So? What do you think? (The grammar is amazing, right? ^.~) Thanks for reading!



.