Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sent from Heaven ❯ The Movie ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: This story belongs to our wonderful author... and the author belongs to my stuffed animal rabbit, but she doesn't know that. I just edit. (I'm so pretty, oh, so pretty. I'm so pretty, and witty, and bright!)

Warnings: Err... Mind your ears. My singing's absolutely dreadful. Other than that, just some scawy movies. (Oooooo...)






Chapter 7: The Movie


When we sat down to watch the movie, Josh sat by me.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey. You like scary movies?" he asked me.

"I think they're okay. I just hate it when things pop up out of nowhere, like on Ghost Ship when the skeleton of the girl in the closet pops up. I hated that the first time I saw it. I'm now terrified to open my closet."

He laughed a little to himself. I did too. Then the lights started to dim, and the movie started.


---

We watched it for about fifteen minutes, and then the girl's dead face popped up. I grabbed Josh's hand. He looked at me, and I looked at him.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"That's okay," he said. Then we went back to watching the movie. After a while, some kids were making out, others were asleep, and some were still watching. I guess we're all different when it comes to scary movies, I thought.

I was still holding Josh's hand, surprisingly. When another scary part came up, I held his hand tighter. Finally, the movie ended. Everyone left except Josh and Liz's very new boyfriend: they'd been together since the beginning of the movie.

Josh and I stayed downstairs while Liz and her boyfriend went upstairs to call her mom about a sleepover.


---

Later, we started talking.

He asked me, "You miss home?"

"Sometimes," I replied. "I miss a lot of my friends, including my boyfriend. Well, ex-boyfriend. We were going out, but he decided that I was moving too far. So he broke up with me. But I think of it more as a chance to meet new people."

"Did you ever kiss your boyfriend"? he asked.

"Well, yeah. We'd been going out since the sixth grade. We were a hot couple," I laughed. "I think everyone was jealous of me. A lot of my friends liked him, and a lot of his friends liked me... So, did you ever have a serious girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I broke up with her. She was cheating on me with some guy from algebra," he replied.

" I see," I said.

I was about to ask him out when Liz came downstairs.


---

"You guys can stay, but when lights are out, you have to go into a different room," she said. "You can use the spare."

"So, what are we going to do while we're awake? It's only eight," asked Josh.

"It's sixteen to eighteen clubbing until ten. Who says we go?" Liz questioned.

"Sounds cool to me," I said.




Reviews, constructive criticism, and flames are welcome!

*sigh* Has anyone noticed how absolutely gorgeous Alex Band (from The Calling) is? I mean, look at those lips...

I suppose I'll spare you from my ranting. I'll just have to let loose the next time I see someone who might pretend they're listening...

Special thanks to vALoRiE for reviewing!



.