Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ So Beautiful ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

So Beautiful
Author's Note: This in my first story I've written with my own characters.  I usually write fan fiction with anime characters.  Please tell me what you think.  The two main characters have the same name Anjera…but one is the shorter version of that name, I hope it doesn't get to confusing. 
--------------------------------
Character Description: 
Anji is five feet seven inches tall with short black hair with light blue highlights.  She has a pierced left eyebrow with a sliver hoop earring.  She has mysterious blue eyes and is quiet the tomboy, she doesn't like anything girly.
Anjera is five feet two inches tall with long brown hair that went to her mid back with blonde highlights making her even more beautiful than she already was.  She has dark green eyes that could look straight into your very soul.  
--------------------------------
Just at the horizon were the sky met the earth the sun shown its bright head.  It was met by chirping birds that were happy for the start of a new day.  Off in the distance in a two storey house the sound of an alarm going off echoed through the entire house.  A hand came out from under the covers and smacked the snooze button on the clock.  Two tired eyes opened slightly and glanced over at the red digits, 5:00am.  A groan escaped their lips as they sat up which caused the blankets to fall to the ground, the person stood from their bed and slowly made their way to the bathroom.  After fifteen minutes of messing around in the bathroom the person came out dressed and ready for the stressful day ahead.  They walked past there parents room -they both slept- then went downstairs to the kitchen and poured themselves a glass of milk without bothering to turn the light on.  The stairs squeaked as someone came down stairs and into the kitchen,
“Good morning Anji,” they turned on the light blinding her, “Morning.”  Anji wasn't a morning person; she'd rather sleep in until nine or so.  She finished the last mouth full of milk and placed her glass in the sink.  In less then thirty minutes she'd be at her new job; it wasn't much of a job, it was only at a grocery store bakery, you couldn't be to creative baking bread but at least it was a job.  She loved working in the kitchen, ever since she was little she'd always be in the kitchen helping her mother who taught her the basics of cooking and baking.  She went upstairs to the bathroom to brush her teeth; she glanced in the mirror at her reflection.  She had short black hair with light blue highlights, an earring in her left eyebrow that she had to cover with a Band-Aid because the grocery store had a certain dress code and she had wonderful blue eyes that looked mysterious.  She brushed her teeth then went back down stairs hugged her mother good bye and headed to work which was just fifteen minutes away from her house. 
Anji pulled into the parking lot and parked her parent's van then looked at the store she was about to enter, it was quite a big store compared to other's in the city.  She got out of the van and made her way to the building; she got out her id card and swiped it at the door so it would unlock.  Anji opened the door and walked in.  Her stomach was doing flip flops as she walked closer to the bakery, the thing she most hated was being nervous -your hands would get all sweaty and cold, it felt like you'd throw up at any moment.  Anji took a deep breath to calm her nerves as she stepped into the bakery; everyone around her wore white uniforms and black baseball caps.  A woman in her late thirties with curly brown hair came over to her, “Are you looking for someone?” the lady smiled at her.
“Yeah…Amo,” Anji stuck her hands in her pockets of her new uniform and played with her keys nervously.  The woman nodded her head and went off in the back somewhere leaving Anji to watch the other bakers at work.  A few minutes later a big man who was about six feet two inches tall came over to her, “You made it Anji,” the man smiled at his recently hired employee.  Anji nodded her head at the big man, “Well you can follow me around the bakery and I'll show you where everything is.”  Anji followed the man all over the bakery trying to remember everything he said and were everything was. 
Four hours ticked by quite fast for Anji, she just finished putting the last decoration on the cake she just frosted before Amo came over and told her to go and take an half hour break.  Anji was glad to go for break; she wasn't used to working for such a long period without a break.  She walked over to the little café that was in the store and ordered herself a large cup of tea with milk and sugar.  Anji went over to the window seat and sat; she watched all the different customers with there grocery carts walking around trying to find different things.  After awhile of watching the customers inside the store she decided to look outside at all the cars driving by trying to find parking spots and people getting dropped off at the entrance of the store. 
Before she knew it her break was over and she had to go back to work.  She placed her cup in the garbage can and started to walk back to the bakery.  “Come on Anjera…you can't be serious.”  Walking toward her were two girls about her age, one had really long hair that went past her butt and was about as tall as Anji.  The other was shorter than the other girl; she had long brown hair with blonde highlights that went to her mid back.  Anji looked up just as they past her `She has the same name as me,' Anji smiled to herself as she walked back to the bakery. 
-----------------------------
The clock struck three o'clock, quitting time for the black haired girl who was more than ready to go home.  She cleaned up her area she worked in then said her goodbyes to everyone.  She walked over to the door where she had came in, standing by the box were you swipe in and out was that girl who had the same name as her.  Anji stared at the machine, `How do I do this again?' she scratched her head and looked to the card in her hand then back to the machine.
“You type your employee number then slide your card through it,” Anji looked to the girl beside her and smiled, “Thanks.”  The girl smiled at her, “Let me guess…you are new here.”  Anji nodded her head, “Today was my first day.”
“And how did you like it?”  The girl walked over to the door.  “It was fine.”  They walked to the parking lot, to Anji's surprise the girl's car was parked right beside hers.  “Are you working tomorrow?”  The girl with the same name as her stood beside her bluish grey car, “Yeah…are you?”  Anji got her keys out of her pocket, “Yup…nine to five.”  She unlocked her car, “Well I'll see you tomorrow than,” she got into her car and started the engine then drove off.  Anji unlocked the van door and got in, `she seems nice,' she thought to herself as she started the van and drove off to her home. 
She pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine; she got out and headed for the backdoor.  “I'm home,” she took off her shoes and entered the kitchen were her mother was making herself a cup of tea.  “How was your first day?”  She took her tea bag out of her cup and threw it in the garbage can.  “It was fine,” Anji went into the living room and sat on the couch, her mother followed suit with her cup of tea in hand. 
“You look tired,” her mother smiled at her, “Yeah I'm not used to working so long.”  Anji closed her eyes and rested her head against the back of the couch.  “You'll get used to it,” her mother sipped her tea.
“Yeah I suppose,” Anji opened her eyes, “I'm going to go shower.”  She stood from the couch and went upstairs.  She looked at herself in the mirror; she slowly removed the band-aid from her left eye brow, now she could see her ring.  She looked at the band-aid, some of her eyebrow was stuck to it, “I'll have to find a better way to cover that…if not I won't have an eyebrow,” she talked to herself. 
Twenty minutes later she was showered and dressed; she wore a dark blue shirt and navy blue jeans.  She made her way down the stairs, her mother still sat in the same spot.  Anji went into the kitchen and got a bottle of water from the fridge then came back into the living room.  “Do you want to go to the store with me?” Anji's mother sat her cup down on the coffee table.  “I guess…” Anji didn't like to shop especially clothes shopping but it was for her mom so she could make an exception this time.
----------------------------------
It had been over a month since Anji started her job at the local grocery store, she still hasn't got used to waking up so early.  Anji stood in the back of the bakery loading some bread into the oven to be baked; she closed the door to the large oven and hit the timer.  She watched as the trays of bread went around in the oven for awhile before continuing on working.
“You look tired,” Amo stood beside her.  “I didn't have along enough sleep,” she stifled a yawn with her arm.  “You should have gone to bed earlier then,” Amo chuckled at her, she looked half asleep.  “Why don't you go get a coffee or something?”  Anji nodded her head and slowly walked over to the little café and ordered herself a large tea.  The café was unusually busy, every table was taken; she sighed tiredly, that means she'd have to go up stairs.
“Hey!”  Someone was calling for someone's attention; not thinking it was directed at her she ignored it.  “Hey…you in the white uniform,” Anji looked down at her white shirt and pants then turned around.  At the far side of the café sat two familiar girls; they motioned for Anji to come over to their table.  Anji made her way over to the table, the girl with the long hair motioned for her to sit. 
“Thanks,” Anji was grateful to be sitting; her feet were starting to hurt her.  “You looked like you could use a seat,” the girl smiled at her, Anji smiled back.  “My name is Harumi, what's your name?”  Anji sipped her tea before answering, “Anji.”  The girl's eyes widened in surprise, “You have the same name as her.”  Harumi pointed to the girl next to her, Anji looked to her and was surprised to see her smiling at her.  `She has pretty eyes,' she thought as she drank her tea. 
“It was nice meeting you Anji,” Harumi stood from her chair, “My fifteen minutes are up…I'll see you around,” she left the two of them and headed back to work.
“How long do you have?”  Anji sat her cup on the table.  “I have,” she looked at her watch, “fifteen minutes.”  They sat there for the next fifteen minutes talking about nothing in particular.  The girl looked to her watch, “I have to get back to work now,” she stood from her chair followed by Anji.  “Yeah me too,” the two of them walked together for a bit.  “Thanks for letting me sit with you and Harumi.”
“You're welcome,” they smiled at each other then went there separate ways.
-----------------------------------
The next two weeks Anji and Anjera sat together during their breaks.  Anji found out a lot about Anjera.  She was still in high school, grade eleven and she lived with her parents who worked a lot.
“Are you doing anything tonight?”  Anjera looked at her friend who was eating a cookie.  “I don't think so…why?”  Anjera looked into Anji's blue eyes, “There's a party tonight at a kids house from school and I was wondering if you'd like to come?”  Anji chocked on her cookie, “Are you alright?”  Anjera handed her her bottle of water, Anji took a swig from it, after a minute Anji could talk again.  “Are you sure you want me to go with you…I don't go to school anymore.”
“That doesn't matter…there probably be people there older than you,” Anji looked down to the table, she didn't know about this, she was never invited to parties when she was in school, she was kind of a loner.  “Well?” Anji looked up into her friend's eyes, “I-I guess.”  The happiest smile formed on Anjera's lips, “Great! I'll pick you up.” Anjera was excited, she had told a few friends at school about her new friend and now they will finally meet her.
-----------------------------
Anji stood in front of her mirror; she wore baggy black jeans and a black under shirt with a black dress shirt over top.  “When will you be home?”  Her mother stood in the doorway of her bedroom, “I'm not sure…probably late.”  Anji put on her black watch and turned to her mother, “So how do I look?” she smiled at her mother, “Black.”
“Besides that,” Anji walked to her door.  “You look very nice,” her mother smiled at her tomboy, “Thanks.” 
Anjera pulled her car into the driveway and honked the horn.  The side door to the house opened and out stepped Anji who wore nothing but black, the only thing that had colour was her blue highlights.  Anji opened the passenger's side door and climb in, “Hello.”
“Hello Anji,” she looked her friend up and down, “You look really black this evening.”  Anjera couldn't help but laugh at her friend.  “You sound like my mother,” Anji crossed her arms over her chest.  “Sorry…I have only seen you wear white so it's a bit of a change.”  Anjera put the car in reverse and backed out of the drive way then drove down the road to where the party was being held.
Anjera parked her car on the street and the both got out and headed were all the noise was coming from; Anji would never admit it but she was nervous.  They got to the front door and Anjera knocked as hard as she could, a few seconds of pounding a tall boy with shoulder length hair answered the door.  Anjera and Anji walked in, the house was over crowed with people, and almost everyone had a beer or some other kind of drink in their hand.  `This was a bad idea,' Anji followed Anjera through the crowd of people.  Anjera stopped in front of a couch, there was like six people sitting on it. 
“Anjera, you made it,” a tall guy with black hair stood from the couch and came over to her, “I'm so glad you came,” he bent his head and placed a kiss on her cheek.  “Hey!  What did I say about that?”
“Come on Anjera baby…you're so beautiful,” the guy slurred his words.  Anji stood there with her hand clenched into a fist.  “Who's the guy…your body guard?” the guy laughed at her.  “No…this is Anji, my friend.”  One of the girls that sat on the couch got up, “So this is your friend you've been talking about.”  Anji's eyes widen in surprise, “I hope it was something nice she said.”  The girl laughed at her comment, “Come…sit with us,” the girl took Anji's hand and pulled her to the couch and with her other hand pulled Anjera's with them.  Anji ended up squished beside Anjera, “Hey! Where am I supposed to sit?”  The black haired guy looked angrily at Anji who sat so close to `his girlfriend.' 
“There's always the floor,” the guy glared at Anji then took off.  “I hope you don't mind me asking but what is with him?”  Anjera looked to the girls beside her then back to Anji, “Umm…he wants me to be his girlfriend…ever since grade nine.”
“And I bet he doesn't take no for an answer,” Anjera nodded her head in agreement.  “Oh well…he is gone now,” one of the girls beside Anjera stated the obvious. 
“I'm going to go get a drink,” Anjera struggled to get up from the couch.  “I'll move…” Anji stood without a problem then offered her hand for Anjera to take, Anjera smiled at the kind gesture and took the offered hand.  “I think I'll get a drink too.”  Anjera lead the way with Anji close behind.
The night soon turned into early morning and the party was still holding strong.  Anji leaned against the wall and watched everyone around her, most people were drunk out of there minds.  It was quite funny to watch them act not knowing what they were doing.  A smile formed on her lips as she watched two of Anjera's friends trying to jump over the couch; they didn't quite make it. 
“What are you smiling at?”  Anji turned her head; standing beside her was that black haired guy who was hitting on Anjera earlier.  “You got a problem with me smiling?”  The guy stepped closer; Anji could smell the alcohol on his breath.  “Yeah I do…you're smiling at MY girl,” Anji raised her eyebrows.  “Now why would you say that?”  She crossed her arms in front of her chest.  “Cuz I know how you think…” Anji was starting to get annoyed with this drunkard so she started to walk away from him.
“Look Out!”  Someone screamed but it was too late, before she knew what happened a severe pain flashed through her head and she fell to her knees.  She could feel that her hair was wet, the last thing she was the fear in Anjera's eyes before blackness over took her.
-------------------------------
“Anji…Anji wake up!”  Anjera couldn't believe what just happened, her friend laid in the back seat of her friend's car that was rushing to the hospital.  “Anji wake up please,” the brunette was shacking slightly, her hand held onto a towel that was wrapped around Anji's head which rested on her lap.  Anji's head moved slightly startling her, two blue eyes looked up at her.  “Anji?” Anjera ran her hand over her cheek, “What…” Anji was silenced by her friend's finger.  “You were hit over the head with a beer bottle,” Anjera swore to herself she would get revenge on that idiot for doing this to her new friend.
The car stopped in front of the hospital and Anjera got out and went over to the other side to help Anji.  She wrapped her arm around the girl's waist to steady her and they walked into Emergency. 
"I need some help…” Anjera yelled at the nurse behind the desk which was ten feet away from them.  The nurse looked up, “Oh dear,” the nurse quickly came around the desk and over to them.  “What happened?” the nurse looked at the black haired…man?
“Someone smashed a beer bottle over her head,” Anjera still held onto the girl's waist.  The nurse nodded her head, “Come with me.”  Anjera guided Anji down the hall with the nurse a few feet in front of them.  The nurse turned into a room, another nurse and a doctor were inside, “Sit on the bed please,” the nurse pointed to the bed that was by the doctor.  Anji sat down holding her very sore head, Anjera stood right beside her.
“I'm Dr. Penman,” the woman doctor slowly removed the towel from Anji's head and took a look at the deep cut at the side of her head.  “That will need a few stitches I'm afraid…do you know who did this?”  The doctor smiled at the girl that stood beside her patient, “Yeah…” Anjera held onto her shirts hem wrapping it around her fingers.  “You'll have to fill a report for the police if you don't mind.”  Anjera looked to the door where a police officer stood watching them.  “Okay…I'll be right back,” Anjera looked to her friend then made her way to the officer and went into the hall.
“I'm afraid I'll have to cut your hair around the cut just to see how big it is so I don't get any hair in your cut when I stitch it up, okay?”  Anji nodded her head and let the doctor do what she had to do. 
Anjera came back into the room just in time to see the doctor put the last stitch in her friend's head.  She came over to the bed.  “Okay…last stitch is done,” Dr. Penman sat her scissors and thread down on the tray that was on the table.  “Can I go home now?” Anji felt tired and warned out.  “Not yet…I have to check to make sure you don't have a concussion.”  The doctor took out her little flash light and shinned it in her patient's eyes then she took her blood pressure and some other things that lasted for another hour and a half. 
“Remember what I told you okay,” the doctor held a clip board in her hands.  “I will…thank you.”  Anji and Anjera walked out of the emergency doors and over to where one of Anjera's friends parked her car.  Anjera helped Anji into the car then hopped into the driver's seat; they drove off towards Anji's house. 
Anji was almost asleep by the time Anjera pulled her car into Anji's drive way; she turned off the engine and looked to her friend.  “Anji…” she lightly shook her, “You're home.”  Anji opened her tired eyes and looked to her friend and smiled.  Anjera got out of the car and went over to the passenger's side; she opened the door and helped her black haired friend out of the car making sure she didn't hit her head.  They slowly made there way to the side door of the house; Anji dug her keys out of her pant pocket and unlocked the door. 
“This isn't going to be a good first impression of me if your parents are up,” Anjera whispered as she helped her friend up the stairs.  Anji smiled, “I wouldn't worry about it.”  The house was pitched black when they entered, “Anji?” the lights were turned on blinding the two girls.  “What happened?”  A lady shorter than Anji came over to them and took hold of Anji's arm.  “Some idiot smashed a beer bottle over my head and now I have a slight concussion.”  Anji's mother eyes widen, “Are you okay?”  Her mother looked to the person behind her daughter then back to her.  “Who is this?” 
“This is my friend Anjera from work,” Anji moved out of the way so her mother could see her friend.  “Hello Anjera, I'm Anji's mother Deni-su.” 
“Nice to meet you,” Anjera smiled at the woman.  “Well I'm going to go to bed,” Anji yawned, “I'll see you later and thanks for inviting me to the party…it was a blast.”  Anji smiled sarcastically at her friend then left her and her mother alone and made her way to her bedroom. 
“I guess I shall be going now,” Anjera felt uncomfortable standing there with her friend's mother all alone.  She turned and made her way to the door she just came in.  “Can you tell Anji I'll call her later?”  Deni-su nodded her head at her daughter's new friend.  “Thanks,” Anjera smiled kindly at her then left the house and got into her car then drove off to her own.
---------------------------------------
In a rather dark room Anji laid on her bed under the covers, her eyes were opened and she stared at the ceiling.  Light shinned through the curtains and brightened up the room some.  She glanced over to the clock on her night stand, ten o'clock.  She sat up and draped her legs over the side; she slowly brought her hand up to her head and touched the bandage that covered her stitches.  It still hurt but not as much as it did before; Anji stood from her bed and made her way to the bathroom.  She looked into the mirror at her reflection; she could see were the doctor shaved her head.  “How am I supposed to cover that up?” she mumbled to herself and headed downstairs were she heard her mother doing something.  “Morning…how's your head?”  Deni-su was in the kitchen washing dishes.
“Not as bad as it was,” she sat down on one of the bar stools and leaned her elbows on the counter.  “I called your boss and told him what happened.”
“Thanks mom,” she yawned and rested her chin on her hands.  “Anji…” her mother stopped washing a plate and turned to face her daughter, “What do you know about this friend of yours?”  Deni-su sat the dish cloth on the counter.  “She works in the seasonally section at the grocery store…she goes to high school, grade eleven and she lives with her parents,” Anji closed her eyes.  “Is that it?”
“I've only known her for two weeks mom…what do you expect me to know about…” Anji didn't like were this conversation was going; she stood from her seat and went into the living room.  Deni-su sighed then went back to washing dishes.
----------------------------------------
Anji sat in the basement flipping through the channels on the television trying to find something to watch.  She stopped on the food network channel and watched the pastry chef make a raspberry cake.  The phone rang beside her but she didn't answer it, she knew it wasn't for her; it probably was for her mother. 
“The phone Anji!”  Her mother yelled from upstairs.  Anji's eyes widen in surprise, no one ever calls her except her grandmother who mostly just calls when she needs something.  She picked up the phone, “Hello,” she whispered.  “Hi Anji, how are you?”  It was a girl's voice on the other line.  “Fine I guess,” she wasn't sure who it was, she didn't recognize the voice. 
“Do you know who this is?” you could almost hear the smile in the girl's voice. 
“No...Not really,” the person on the other line laughed, “Its Anjera.”
“Oh,” she could feel her face so red from embarrassment, “Oh sorry…I didn't recognize your voice.”
“That's alright.”  They talked for awhile then they said there goodbyes; Anji placed the phone back on its hook; she smiled at her new friend. 
----------------------------------------
“Are you sure you should be back…you could have taken a few more days.”  Anji stood be the bakery with her boss.  “I'm alright really,” Anji started to get bored at home; she still had her stitches in but she felt better. 
“Alright…but just take it easy,” Amo patted her on the back.  Anji nodded her head then continued stocking the bread counter.  Amo gave her easy task to do like stocking the shelves and freezer.  She pushed the cart with boxes full of frozen desserts towards the freezer section of the store which was at the opposite side of the store.  Off in the distance she could see a familiar figure walking toward her, she smiled as the figure came closer to her.
“Hey Anji,” the brunette smiled at her black haired friend.  “Hey,” Anji continued to push the cart towards her destination.  “How are you doing?” Anjera walked alongside her. 
“Fine.”
“I didn't think you'd be back to work so soon…it's only been a couple of days.”  Anji shrugged her shoulders, “I was bored at home so I thought I'd come back to work.”  She stopped pushing the cart and parked it in front of the bunker were all the frozen desserts were being kept.  “Doesn't your head still hurt?” Anjera leaned against the bunker.
“It does a bit but it's nothing I can't handle,” Anji smiled at her friend who crossed her arms in front of her chest.  “Well alright then…when's your break?”  Anji looked to her watch, “In an hour or so.” 
“Okay…see ya later,” the brunette waved goodbye to her and walked into the back room of the store.  Anji smiled at the retreating form then went back to stocking the bunker.
------------------------------
Anji sat at one of the tables by the window in the little café and held a cup of tea in her hand.  Her head started to hurt her, she hoped a cup of tea would help but it hadn't so far.  She rested her elbows on the table and leaned her head against her hand and closed her eyes. 
“May I sit with you?” She opened her eyes, Anjera stood right beside her with a happy smile on her face.  “Of course,” the smaller girl slid a chair out from the table and sat across from Anji.  “How are you feeling?” she clasped her hands together on the table.  “I'm starting to get a headache,” she rubbed her temples.  “Let's see your hand,” Anjera reached out her hand towards her.  Anji looked at her questioningly but still gave her hand.  Anjera took her friends hand in her own and started to massage it, `Her hands are so soft,' she thought as she continued to massage her friend's hand.  She looked up into blue eyes that looked relaxed, “How does that feel?”  Anji could almost fall asleep right there and now, “It feels…nice.”  Anjera smiled, “Good.”
--------------------------------
Anji stood at the entrance of the grocery store waiting for a certain someone.  It's been over a month since she got hit in the head and she feels much better with each day.  A smile came to her face as a brunette stopped beside her, “Hello.”  The two of them made there way to the parking lot, “Are you still coming over for supper?”  Anji was going to cook for her friend dinner and dessert.
“As long as you still want me too.”
“I wouldn't have asked you to if I didn't want you to.”
“Oh,” Anjera smiled at her then got her keys out of her purse.  “What time is dinner?”  The both of them stopped in front of Anjera's car, “You can come over anytime…whenever you are ready.”  Anji took out her keys from her pocket.
“Alright, I'll see you later then,” Anjera nodded her head and then watched the retreating form of her friend.  After she got in her car she sighed nervously, she wasn't sure about going over there.  She was there once for a brief moment and that was when she helped Anji into the house after she got hit in the head.  She started the car then drove home which was pretty far; the grocery store was in the middle of the city and her home was on the outskirts.  Once she arrived at her apartment building she parked her car in its designated spot then headed for the elevator. 
The elevator dinged once it reached the top floor and opened its doors.  Anjera exited the elevator and made her way to her apartment.  Her parents weren't home which was normal; she was used to coming home to an empty apartment.  She quickly changed out of her work uniform and changed into a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt.
----------------------------------
In the kitchen stood Anji who held a knife in her hand and in the other one was a green pepper, `I wonder if she likes green pepper?' she pondered as she cut the pepper in half.  On the stove was a pan with chicken in it cooking away and in another pan was water slowly coming to a boil.  “Do you know if dad will be home for supper?”  Anji looked to her mom who was sitting at the island watching her.  “I think he is,” Deni-su liked to watch her daughter cook and bake; she could tell she really enjoyed doing it. 
“When is your friend coming over?”
“I told her to just come over when she was ready,” Anji flipped the four chicken breasts over in the pan then continued her chopping of the vegetables.  After awhile the pan of water was finally boiling, Anji opened a package of Chinese noodles and dumped them into the pot.  The meal was starting to come together, the main course was almost finished and dessert was chilling in the freezer.
------------------------------------------
Out front of a white two storey house parked a car with a brunette sitting inside.  There hands gripped the steering wheel so hard there knuckles were turning white.  She didn't know why she was so nervous for, she's been to other people's houses that she just met and wasn't nervous at all.  She glanced to her friends' house and sighed, `It's no or never,' she told herself and slowly opened the door to her car and got out. 
In the driveway were a very familiar looking van and a not so familiar truck, `Must be Anji's fathers.' She made her way past the truck and van and came to the side door; she brought her hand up and lightly knocked at the door.  Shuffling of feet was heard as someone came down the five steps to get to the door.  The door was unlocked and opened revealing an older man with salt n' pepper coloured hair; he looked like someone she knows that had black hair.
“You must be Anjera,” the older man smiled at the brunette, “Come on in.”  The man went back up the stairs so Anjera had room to get in; it was a very narrow hallway that led to the basement and to the kitchen. 
“Hey Anjera,” the brunette looked up, at the top of the stairs stood Anji with a big smile on her face.  “Hello,” Anjera returned the smile, her stomach which felt awful a few minutes ago felt better now that Anji smiled at her.  “Come on in,” Anji returned to the counter and continued her preparations.  Anjera took her shoes off and placed them on the step then made her way up the stairs.  “It smells good in here,” Anjera stood by the island and watched Anji work. 
“Hello Anjera,” Deni-su came from one of the rooms.  “Hi,” Anjera smiled at Anji's mother.  “How are you today?”
“Fine, thank you.”  Deni-su smiled at the girl; she remembered the girl from before when she helped her daughter.  “That's good,” Deni-su stared at her without realizing it which made Anjera very nervous again.  She felt like Anji's mother was throwing daggers at her.
“Hey mom could you set the table for me?” Anji could tell Anjera was uncomfortable with her mother staring at her.  Deni-su blinked her eyes and looked to her daughter and smiled, “Sure.”
---------------------------------------
“Dinner looks great dear,” the four of them all sat at the dinner table just about to eat.  “Yup…that it does,” Anji smiled at her mother then looked to Anjera who was staring at her empty glass.  “What would you like to drink?”  Anjera looked up to blue eyes, “Umm…whatever you are having.”  Anji got up from her chair and went into the kitchen leaving Anjera alone with her parents.  That feeling she had earlier suddenly returned, she didn't like it one bit.  “I think we should eat now before it gets cold, don't you?”  Anji's father sat across from her; he was a nice man, his mannerism was like Anji which made the brunette feel at ease with.  Anji returned with a pitched of water and poured everyone there drinks, “Let's eat…I'm starving.”
Everyone was enjoying there meal, Anjera was starting to relax, she though everything was going well.  Anji's parents weren't that bad, at least they haven't asked her any questions about herself. 
“So Anjera, I hear you a\work at the grocery store with Anji.”  `So much for no questions,' the brunette smiled at the older man across from her.  “I work in a different department then her though,” Anjera hoped they wouldn't ask any personal questions but to bad for that.  “Oh really…what department is that?”  Jimu took a drink of his water.  “I work in the house ware department.”  The rest of the meal Anjera answered most of the questions Anji's parents asked her.  
The brunette let out a sigh of relieve, the interrogation was finally over and now she stood in the kitchen next to Anji who was washing the dishes and she was drying them.  “Sorry about that…my parents can be very persuasive,” Anji placed a dish on the drain board.  “Do you think I passed?” a goofy smiled formed on the brunette's lips.  “I don't know…I'll have to let you know when I find out,” Anji couldn't help but smile, the evening went pretty well considering all the questions.
Anji finally washed the last dish and pulled the drain to the sink to let the water out.  “Thanks for helping me,” Anji took the dish from Anjera who just dried it and placed it in the cupboard.  “You're welcome,” she placed the tea towel on the counter, “I'd rather have dried the dishes then sit in the living room with your parents.”  She whispered so Anji's parents wouldn't hear her.  Anji smiled at her friend who was still afraid of her parents. 
“The more times you come over her the less you'll be nervous,” Anjera looked to her, “Who says I was nervous?”  Anji only known her for a little while but she could tell she was not her normal self when she was around her parents, she smiled at her and quickly changed the topic.  “What do you want to do now?” Anji leaned against the counter and crossed her arms over her chest.  “I don't know.”
“Do you want to watch a movie or go for a walk…?” Anji wasn't sure what to do now; she really never had anyone over before.  “What movies do you have?”  The both of them made there way downstairs to the basement were they kept most of the movies.  “They're in there,” Anji pointed to a white cupboard on the wall then she went and sat on the couch.  Anjera opened the cupboard doors and was greeted with four shelves full of movies, “Got enough movies…I'm going to be here all night looking for one.”
“That's why you are looking and not me,” Anji clicked on the television.  “Gee…thanks a lot,” the brunette placed her hand on her hip and looked at the tomboy.  “What?!” Anji looked at her innocently.  The brunette shook her head at her but couldn't help but smile, she then continued looking at the movies.  Ten minutes and fifty movies later she finally found one; she handed it to Anji who stood from the couch, “What did you pick?”  Anjera had taken it out of its cover so the tomboy couldn't see what it was. 
“You'll have to wait and see,” the brunette went and sat in Anji's spot on the couch.  Anji pushed the OPEN button on the DVD player and put the DVD in.  She came back over to the couch and almost sat on her friend who took her seat.  “Hey…watch were you're putting that thing,” Anji moved so she sat beside the brunette instead of on her lap.  Anjera couldn't help but laugh at her; she was quite nice to be around, always trying to get you to laugh.  “Are we going to watch the movie now?”  Anji still hadn't pushed play yet.  “Alright,” she pushed play and shortly after a picture of the North Pole came on.  “Let me guess…the Day After Tomorrow.”  Anjera nodded her head, “You're pretty smart.”
“Yeah I know.”
------------------------------
The two girls sat in the basement the entire night; they sat in the same position for the entire movie which was almost over.  Ever so often Anjera would look at the clock, 10:33.  “Do you have to be home at a certain time?” Anji noticed she'd looked at the clock every fifteen minutes.  “I need to be home by eleven…which I don't know why; my parents are never home anyways.”  Anjera leaned forward on the couch and rested her elbows on her knees.  “How long does it take you to get home?” Anji moved forward so she sat on the edge of the couch.  “About twenty minutes from here,” she looked to the clock on the VCR; it was now 10:40. 
“I'd better go if I'm going to make it in time,” they both stood from the couch, Anji turned off the television then followed the brunette up the stairs.  Anjera sat on the steps and put her shoes on, “Thanks for dinner…it was really good.”
“You're welcome, am glad you liked it,” Anji stood on one of the steps and watched her friend.  Anjera stood from the step, “I'll see you later then.”  The tomboy nodded her head and unlocked the door for her, “See you at work.”  Anjera stepped outside followed by Anji; the brunette took her keys out of her purse and went over to her car that was parked on the road.  She got in and started the engine then put it in drive; she waved at Anji who still stood by the side door.  Then she drove off into the darkness of night.
---------------------------------
The weather slowly turned very cold; the trees were bare, not a single thing was green anymore not even the grass.  In the forecast the weatherman predicted snow for most of the week.  Everyone who dared to go outside wore there winter coats, there gloves and hats; it was just the beginning of winter.
At the grocery store in the bakery everyone was running around trying to get a big order done.   Someone was getting married and they ordered large dessert platters and lots of breads for there reception.  It took most of the day to bake the breads, most of them were done and most of the platters were completed too.  Anji had worked none stop since she got here this morning and she was tired, she still had another hour left to go. 
“Hey Anji…someone is here to see you,” Amo called from the front of the bakery; Anji was in the back.  She came out from the back; standing by the fresh bread display was Anjera.  The tomboy smiled at her as she came closer, “Hey.”
“You look very busy,” Anjera looked into the bakery.  “Yeah it is,” Anji stifled a yawn with her hand.  “When did you start?” Anjera could see the tiredness on her face.  “Five this morning,” Anji closed her eyes and rubbed her temple, “It's a good thing I'm done in less then an hour.” 
“Oh,” she looked to the ground, “I guess that means you don't want to go for break with me then.”
“When is your break?” 
“In thirty minutes,” Anjera looked to the clock that hanged on the wall of the bakery.  “I'll see what I can do…” the one side of Anji's mouth went up to a grin. 
“Anji…” Amo called her, “I have another order for two more cakes.”  Anji let out a tired sigh and turned to look at her boss.  “Alright…be there in a second,” she turned back to Anjera, “Well…I'll see if I can make it over there in time.”  She turned and went back into the bakery.  Anjera smiled as she watched her friend returned to the bakery then she left to go back to her own department.
------------------------------------
“I'll have a medium hot chocolate please,” Anjera order a hot drink from the little café then went over to a table and sat down.  She looked out the windows and watched all the people hurrying inside.  It didn't look very nice out, clouds covered the sky and it looked like it could snow at any minute.  “What are you day dreaming about?” Anjera turned her head, she smiled at the tomboy who stood beside her, “Nothing much.”  Anji pulled a chair out and sat down, “Enjoying your drink?” She looked to the half empty cup, “Yeah it is.”
“Good.” 
They sat in silence for the rest of Anjera's break; it wasn't awkward but a comfortable silence.  Outside ever so often a few white flakes would float down to the ground, “I think it's starting to snow,” Anji pointed outside.  “Really?” Anjera quickly looked outside and saw a few snow flakes, a smile formed on her face, “I love it when it snows.” 
“I like it when the snow covers the ground and its night time…everything is so quite,” Anji rested her elbows on the table and put her head on her hands.  The brunette looked to her watch, “that break went by fast,” before she knew it her break was unfortunately over.  She looked to Anji who still looked outside, “Thanks for having break with me.” The tomboy looked to her friend, “You're welcome,” she smiled.  They both stood from there chairs, Anjera went over to the garbage and put her cup in; Anji stood by the counter of the café and waited for her. 
“When are you done?” they walked back to the house ware department, “Four.” 
“Two hours left…” the brunette nodded her head.  Anji stuck her hands in her pant pockets as she walked with her friend, “Do you have to work tomorrow?”
“Nope,”
“Do you want to do something with me tomorrow?”
“Umm…” the brunette looked to the ground, she didn't know if she should; she didn't know if she could handle Anji's parents again.  “When you decided just give me a call okay?” The brunette nodded her head
They stopped walking and stood in the middle of the isle, “okay…I better get back to work.”  Anji watched Anjera walk away then turned and went her own way.
----------------------------------
In a dark room in the second floor slept a form on the bed, they had there arm draped over there face.  The door was open slightly just letting a little light in; the door opened most of the way and in walked Deni-su.  She made her way over to the bed, “Anji?” she whispered; when that didn't work she shook the sleeping form.  The arm was removed from there face and two tired eyes looked at there mother, “Umm…”
“The phone,” Deni-su handed the portable phone to her, “Who is it?” Anji sat up in bed, her hair was every which way.  “Anjera,” Deni-su turned and left the room, Anji looked to the phone it took her a few seconds to put the phone to her ear.  “Hello,” she still was half asleep. 
“Hey Anji,” the brunette on the other line sounded very cheerful, too cheerful for this time in the morning.  “I suppose I woke you up…” Anji nodded her head thinking that she could see her.  “Anji you still there?” the tomboy rubbed her eyes trying to wake up, “Yeah… I'm still here,” she yawned.  “Good…I thought you had fallen back to sleep,” Anjera laughed which caused a smile to come to the tomboy's face; Anji removed her blankets from a top of her and draped her legs over the edge of the bed.  “Anji?”
“Yeah,” the brunette's voice sounded unsure all of a sudden, “Is that offer from yesterday still stand?” 
“Yeah…of course,” the tomboy stood and made her way into the hallway.  “Do you mind if I ask what we are doing?” the uncertainty in her voice disappeared.  “My family is going bowling and out for dinner,” she stretched her back making it crack.  “Oh….you sure you want me there?” the uncertainty returned in her voice.  “Yes I am sure…you can come over after lunch sometime if you want.”
“Okay,” Anjera was still unsure about this.
-------------------------------------
“Are you sure she is coming?” Jimu looked to his watch: 2:20, “We're supposed to meet them in twenty five minutes.”
“I know dad…you already said that once already,” Anji stood by the front window watching for a certain car, “If you're that impatient just leave…I'm sure I can catch a ride with Anjera.”
“We'll wait ten more minutes and if she isn't here we are leaving,” Jimu stood by the door with his arms crossed over his chest.  Anji shook her head at her impatient father, “She'll be here,” she whispered, “I hope.”
Ten minutes ticked by and still no sign of the brunette, “Your mother and I are going now…if she still isn't here you can take the truck.”  Jimu threw his keys to his daughter.  “Fine,” Anji caught the keys and put them in her pant pocket.  Jimu and Deni-su left in the van leaving the tomboy alone.  `Where is she?' she looked to the clock, it was almost quarter to three.  Anji put on her coat and shoes and went outside into the freezing weather.
On the other side of town in a parking lot of an apartment building sat Anjera in her car, “Come on you piece of junk!” She felt like kicking her car, the stupid thing wouldn't stay running.  The brunette looked at her watch on her arm, 2:30, “I'm late as enough as it is,” she talked to herself.  She turned the key in the ignition and started the car again; she had to wait a few minutes for it to warm up before she could put it in drive.
In record time she made it to Anji's house, sitting on the front porch steps was Anji.  She pulled her car into the driveway and put it into park and left it running just in case it wouldn't start again.  “Hey Anji,” she made her way over to her friend, “Sorry I'm late…my car doesn't like the cold,” a gust of cold wind blew against them.  Anji stood from the steps and wrapped her arms around herself, “That's alright,” steam escaped there lips.  “Are you ready to go?”  Anjera noticed the van was gone, “Are we taking my car?”  Anji nodded her head.  They got into the car and drove off, “So…how many people are in your family?”  Anjera never asked before or noticed any pictures when she was over at her house. 
“I have a sister and a brother…so there is five of us all together,” Anji watched the scenery fly by.  “Are they all going to be there?” the brunette was nervous just with her parents but now she was going to meet the brother and sister, “Yeah and my brother's wife too.”
“Oh great,” she whispered, Anji heard her and smiled, “You're not nervous are you?”
“No of course not…what gave you that idea?” she tightened her grip on the steering wheel.
“Because you're gripping the steering wheel very tightly,” she could see Anjera's knuckles turning white.  “There's no need to be nervous…they're not the bad,” Anji tried to sound convincing but knew it wouldn't work.  `Easy for you to say,' she thought as she drove towards the bowling alley.
They entered the alley and made there way over to the lanes; at the very last lane was Anji's family.  The tomboy walked ahead of Anjera who slowed her pace; standing beside Anji's father was a tall man with really short brown hair.  “You finally made it Anji,” sitting down on one of the benches was a woman with brownish blonde hair.  “Yeah,” Anji stood beside the tall man and looked back to Anjera who still was making her way toward them.  “Everyone…I'd like you to meet my good friend Anjera,” everyone looked to the girl standing uncomfortably by the benches.  “Hello,” they all said in unison, the tall man came over to her, “Hi Anjera I'm Roba-to Anji's big brother,” he shook her hand. 
“Nice to meet you,” she smiled at him. 
“I'm Rosheru…his wife,” the shorter woman with the long hair smiled at her.  Anjera didn't feel too bad now; the nervousness she felt earlier was fading away.  “Anjera…” the tomboy stood next to her, “that person over there…” she pointed to the woman sitting, “that's my sister Kyari.”  The woman sitting waved at her and smiled, “that's everyone now…who's up for some bowling?”
------------------------------------
The seven of them were divided into two teams; Jimu, Deni-su, Roba-to and Rosheru on one team and Kyari, Anji and Anjera on the other.  It was Anjera's turn; she stood with the ball in her hands ready to roll it down the lane.  She quickly found out she wasn't very good at this game; she hadn't even got a strike yet.  “Go Anjera!” Anji yelled from behind her, the brunette took a deep breath, `Here goes nothing,' she told herself as she rolled the ball down the lane.  It looked like the ball was going in slow motion, the ball crashed into the pins knocking them all down.  Anjera's eyes grew wide in surprise, she throw her hands in the air, “Yeah!”  An excited smile formed on her face, “Alright Anjera!” Kyari and Anji yelled together.  The brunette couldn't stop smiling; she came back over to the bench and sat down, Kyari's turn was next. 
“You're getting better already,” Anji sat with her foot resting on her right knee. 
“Yeah…it's about time,” she leaned back against the bench still smiling, “this is fun…I haven't bowled in such a long time.”
 “Yeah…I noticed…” the brunette pushed the tomboy's leg which rested on her other knee, “Hey!”  The tomboy smiled at her friend, “What?!” Anjera shook her head and smiled at her laughing friend.
“Yes…another spare for me,” Kyari throw her hands in the air and did a victory dance as Anji and Anjera watched her.  Kyari eventually made her way back over to them then it was Anji's turn.
“So Anjera…how do you like bowling?” the two girls watched as Anji throw a gutter ball.
“I really like it…I can't remember the last time I bowled,” Anjera smiled as Anji throw another gutter ball.  “It looks like you're going to get a better score then Anji,” a very disappointed Anji came back to the bench and plunked herself down beside the brunette, “Well that went…well.”
The game continued on through the afternoon and into early dinner time, Anjera stood on the laneway with the ball in hand, she held it up slightly `Come on strike' she rolled the ball down the lane and luck have it all the pins fell over. 
“Wow Anjera…three strikes in a row,” Anji stood right behind the beginning of the laneway; the brunette smiled as she came closer to the tomboy, “Must be beginners luck,” she stepped off the laneway and stood next to her. 
“Looks like Anjera is the winner…again,” Kyari looked to the screen on the television, “Really?” Anjera sounded surprised.  “Looks that way,” Anji looked to the score, 180.
The rest of Anji's family came over to there laneway, “So…who are the winners out of the four games?”  Jimu looked to his two daughters and Anjera.  “Kyari and Anjera tied for two each,” Anji looked disappointed but she was happy for her friend.
“Alright, Anjera and Kyari…supper is on me tonight,” Jimu smiles at the two.  Anjera eyes widen in surprise and before she could say anything to him he walked away with his wife towards the exit.  “Anjera?” Anji poked her in the arm, the brunette looked to her uncertain, “why is your father buying me dinner?” 
“He always buys for the winners…”
“But…”
“Don't worry about it…” Anji grabbed her by her arm and they made there was toward the rest of the family.