Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ So Beautiful ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

So Beautiful
Chapter Two
-----------------------------------
The winter months slowly turned into spring and they slowly turned into summer; with each passing day Anji's and Anjera's friendship grew.
 
Deni-su stood in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil; Jimu laid in his lazy boy chair in the living room with his eyes closed listening to the radio. A knock at the side door interrupted the quite; Deni-su looked to Jimu, “Who would that be?” Jimu got out of his chair and went to the side door and looked out the peek hole; standing on the other side of the door was Anjera. Jimu unlocked the door and opened it.
 
“Good morning Jimu,” Anjera smiled at him.
 
“Morning,” he looked puzzled as to why she was here; the brunette noticed this. “Did Anji tell you I was coming over to get her this morning?” Jimu shook his head no.
 
“Oh…” she all of a sudden felt stupid.
 
“You can come in,” Jimu moved out of the way so she could come in, “Okay thanks.” Anjera couldn't believe that she didn't tell her parents, now she felt like she was intruding.
 
“Hello Anjera, how are you?” Deni-su looked over to her. “Well…I feel kind of stupid…” she tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear.
 
“Why?”
 
“Because I came over here and you guys didn't know I was coming,” she placed her shoes on the step and walked up the few steps. “Ah don't worry about it.
 
Anjera looked around, “I suppose Anji isn't up yet.”
 
“She got home late last night,” the brunette nodded her head then got a mischievous look in her eyes. “Do you mind if I go and wake her up?” a big smile formed on her lips.
 
“Go right ahead.”
 
Anjera made her way up the stairs and stopped at Anji's partially closed door and opened it and stepped inside; the room was pretty dark considering the sun was high in the sky. Lying on the bed half covered with a sheet was the tomboy. Anjera stared at her friend for a minute before she went over to the window and opened the curtain letting the sunshine through. She looked to the tomboy, no reaction to the light; Anjera moved closer to her bed and poked her arm, “Time to get up sweetheart.”
 
Anji moved her head slightly, “Come on sweetheart…” the brunette smiled at the sleepy head. Anji opened her eyes and glanced over to the brunette, “Anj…” she looked confused, “What are…”
 
“You said you'd go shopping with me today,” Anji sat up taking the sheet off her and dangled her legs over the side; Anjera had a wide grin on her face, the tomboy's hair stuck up in every direction.
 
“What are you smiling about?”
 
“Nothing…” the brunette moved to the door, “I'll wait downstairs for you,” with that she left the tomboy alone. Anji stood and went over to her dresser to get a change of clothing.
 
----------------------------
 
“So what kind of shopping are you guys doing?” Deni-su sat on the love seat in the living room while Anjera sat on the couch across from her. “I need to get a couple of shorts and shirts…”
 
“Clothes shopping??” Deni-su looked surprised, Anji hated to shop for clothes. The stairs squeaked as Anji came down, she wore a pair of black jean shorts and a navy blue t-shirt with a white strip across the chest. “Ready to go?” Anjera sat on the edge of the couch, she was so excited about shopping; she just loved it.
 
“Can I eat breakfast first?” Anji yawned; she was still tired from working last night. She had to stay late in order to get the bread ready for a big order in the morning, she was there until two.
 
“Do you want me to drive?” the two of them stood beside Anjera's car. “Sure,” they both got in and drove off to the mall.
 
“What store are we shopping at first?” Anji kind of knew but thought she'd ask anyways.
 
“I need some tops and shorts so probably Old Navy,” Anjera parked her car in an empty spot and turned the car off. “Ready?” she looked to the tomboy, “Yeah,” they both got out and made there way to the entrance.
 
-------------------------------
 
In the clothing store near the back stood Anji who leaned against the wall waiting for a certain brunette to emerge from the changing room. One of the employees kept walking back and forth looking at the tomboy which made her feel very uncomfortable.
 
A smile came to her face once her friend finally emerged from the changing room, “So what yeah think?” Anjera twirled around showing off her outfit. “You look very nice,” the tomboy's smile grew in size. “You don't think it shows too much cleavage?” she wore a dark green sleeveless top with the collar going to the top of her breasts. “Why would you ask me that…it's your decision not mine.” The brunette rolled her eyes, “Come on Anji…just tell me.”
 
“No it doesn't…just don't bend over.”
 
“Thanks,” she looked in the mirror with the tomboy standing behind her. “How many guys do you think I can pick up wearing this?” she looked into beautiful blue eyes that looked so mysterious. “Sure,” Anji stepped out of the way of the mirror; Anjera turned around so she'd face her friend instead of just looking at her reflection in the mirror. `What kind of answer is that…?' Anjera thought; the look in those blue eyes confused her, the uncertainty.
 
“How's everything going?” the blonde sales rep that was eyeing Anji earlier stood next to them but glanced at the tomboy; Anjera noticed this but said nothing. “Everything is good thanks… I'm going to go change,” she kindly smiled at the blonde then went back into the changing room.
 
“You must be a really nice boyfriend to go shopping with your girlfriend…most guys I know wouldn't be caught dead doing that,” the blonde sales rep looked to the rather handsome black haired guy. Anjera could hear there conversation from inside the changing room, she rolled her eyes at the `dumb' blonde.
 
Anji looked to the young sales rep unbelievably, `Is she flirting with me?' this made her feel really uncomfortable. Anjera had finished getting changed and came out of the room just in time to save her friend. “Well sweetheart are we ready to go?” she placed her arm around the tomboy's waist. Anji looked at her a little confused, “Well are you?” the brunette winked at her. Anji smiled back as she figured out what her friend was up to, “Yup,” she placed her arm on her shoulder. The two made there way to the cash register leaving the blonde really confused at what just happened. “Thanks,” Anji whispered in the brunette's ear tickling her ear, “You're welcome.”
 
-------------------------------------
 
A group of teenage girls nosily made there way through the mall; some carried large bags that contained dresses and others carried bags with shoe boxes in them. “Hey isn't that Anjera over there?” one of the girls pointed over to a table in the food court. “Yeah it is…who is she seating with?”
 
“I believe that is Anji…remember at that party,” another girl stated. “Oh yeah, were he got whacked on the head with a beer bottle.”
 
“Is that him?” The group of girls all gossiped amongst themselves as they made there way over to the table were the two sat, “Hello Anjera.” The brunette looked up at the groups of girls that surrounded them, “Hi.”
 
“Shopping with your boyfriend,” all the girls looked at Anji who kept her head down; the whole boyfriend thing started to annoy her, almost all of the places they went to everyone thought that her and Anjera were a couple.
 
“No I'm shopping with a friend,” Anjera looked straight into the girl's eyes making her feel uneasy. “Oh…” the one girl didn't know what to say after that.
 
“You girls shopping for your prom dresses?” Anjera spoke up since the other girl was lost for words.
 
“Yes…we got all our dresses and shoes,” another girl piped up, “Have you?” Anjera shook her head no. The conversation stopped right there so the group of girls left the two alone. Once they were out of sight Anji looked up at the brunette, “Friends of yours?” the brunette shook her head no again, “Not really,” Anjera just left it at that.
 
“When's your prom?” Anji took a sip of her juice.
 
“Two weeks from Saturday,” Anjera wasn't sure if she wanted to go, one of her guy friends asked her to go with him and she said yes; it's just the thought of it.
 
“Are you going to go?” the brunette shrugged her shoulders. “I suppose some guy asked you to go with him right?” Anjera nodded her head in agreement, “Well what is the problem…I thought you like to go to parties?”
 
Anji stood from her chair and took hold of the brunette's hand, “Let's go find you a prom dress.” With that said the two made there way through the mall in search of a beautiful dress for an even more beautiful girl.
 
--------------------------------
 
Two weeks have past since the two girls went shopping; the weather was stifling hot, it's been like this for a couple of days. The weather man says there's a pretty good chance for a thunder storm today.
 
Anji had to work seven till one which was fine since she got Sunday off; Anjera had taken the weekend off because of her prom which she should be getting ready for being that it was almost one o'clock. Anji smiled at the clock, she was done work in five minutes, she quickly tidy up her work area and signed out. The tomboy stepped outside and got struck by the humidity; she started to sweat the moment she stepped into the sun. She could just imagine how hot it was going to be in the van; she unlocked the van door and got another blast of heat.
 
The tan coloured van pulled in a drive way and a very hot Anji got out and slowly made her way into the air conditioned house. “Hey mom…” Anji quickly took her running shoes off and had a fight with her socks that refused to come off, “You look hot.” Deni-su watched her daughter fight with her socks. Anji finally got her socks off then she headed for the fridge for a cold drink. “How was work?”
 
“Alright,” she took a bottle of water and chugged in down within a minute. “I'm going to go shower…” Anji left the empty bottle of the counter and made her way upstairs.
 
Nice cool water ran over her hot body cooling her off and washed work away. “Anji?” someone had come into the bathroom without her hearing. “Yeah.”
 
“The phone…” Deni-su held it in her hand. “Who is it?”
 
“Anjera,” Anji opened her closed eyes, `shouldn't she be getting ready for prom?' Anji stuck her head out from the curtain, “Can I call her back?” Her mother covered the mouth piece on the phone, “It sounds urgent.” Anji quickly turned off the shower and grabbed her towel then took the phone from her mother.
 
“Hello,” the tomboy juggled the phone and her towel trying not to drop either of them, “Anj?” the voice was very quiet. “Anjera…what's the matter?”
 
“Can you come over?”
 
“Yeah…what's the matter?”
 
“Just come over please.”
 
“Alright…I'll be there as soon as possible,” the tomboy hung the phone up and handed it to her mother who was still in the bathroom. “Is everything alright?” Deni-su was concerned for her daughter's good friend. “I'm not sure,” Anji dried herself off once her mother left and quickly got dressed; she took the van and drove off to Anjera's home but with the air condition on.
 
Anji stood in front of Anjera's apartment door; she brought her hand up and knocked. The door slightly opened, “Hey Anji,” the blacked haired girl smiled at her friend. “Hey Anjera,” the brunette opened the door all the way; a sad look was on Anjera's face, she looked down to the carpet.
 
“What's the matter…you sounded like there was something the matter,” she stuck her hands in her pockets and stepped into the apartment.
 
“I'm not going to my prom…” Anjera turned and walked away.
 
“What?” Anji was shocked but glad it was only that and not something serious.
 
“Why not?” She shut the door behind her and followed Anjera into the living room. “I just don't feel like going now,” Anjera slummed in her chair. “But you were so excited that you found the perfect dress and everything,” Anji was so confused.
 
“I know okay…just drop it!” Anjera stood from her chair in a huff and stormed out of the room. Anji was left sitting there totally confused, `why would she call me then?' she stood from the couch and walked in the hallway that lead to Anjera's room. She stopped at the door frame and looked in, Anjera sat on her bed looking over to her closet were her beautiful dress hung. “Anjera…” Anji stepped in the room; the brunette looked down at her hands, “The guy I was going with can't take me…,” it was no more than a whisper but Anji heard it loud and clear. Anji came over to the bed and sat down beside her; she wrapped her arm around the girl's shoulder. Anjera rested her head against her friends shoulder and closed her eyes, “I feel like such an idiot…”
 
“Why?”
 
“I bought a dress for no reason…what a waste of money.” Anji rubbed her arm lightly; they sat in silence just looking at the prom dress in the closet.
 
“You know…you could still go to your prom,” Anji looked down to the girl leaning on her. “I don't want to go by myself,” she looked into her friend's eyes. “Well…” Anji looked over to the dress, “I know this person who might want to go with you.”
 
“I don't want to go with some stranger…” she looked at her hands. Anji smiled, “You know this person…and they're pretty nice.” The brunette looked into her eyes again confused; the tomboy's smile grew wider, “Well this person is kind of good looking, taller than you, knows you pretty well, has black hair…” Anjera looked to her closet trying to think of this person; Anji couldn't help but laugh at the look on the brunette's face. “What is so funny?” Anjera looked so serious at the tomboy.
 
“Isn't it obvious…?”
 
“You?” Anjera's eyes grew wide, “You want to take me?”
 
“You only have one prom in your life…right? You should enjoy it.” Anji took her hand off her shoulder and stood from the bed; Anjera looked down to the floor. “You already have the dress and shoes…why waste them?” Anji didn't know why she volunteered to take her; she knew though that the brunette really wanted to go deep down.
 
“Anjera…would you accompany me to your prom?” Anjera looked up to her friend who stood by her dress, a happy smile formed on her lips, “Yes.”
 
---------------------------------------
 
Anji stood in front of a long mirror in her parent's room; she wore black dress pants, a black dress shirt and a black a vest. Her hair was gelled back with some bangs hanging over her eyes. “You look very nice dear,” her mother sat on her bed. “Thanks,” she did her belt up with sliver studs on it. “Well…I got to go,” she grabbed her wallet and stuck it in her back pocket, “I'll see you later mom,” she gave her mom a hug then left the house.
 
Anji stood again in front of Anjera's apartment door; she lightly knocked on the door. “Coming,” the door was opened revealing Anjera's smiling face, “Hello.” Anjera moved aside so Anji could come in, “I'm almost ready.” Anji nodded her head and stood in the hallway of the apartment. A few minutes later Anjera came back ready to go, “So how do I look?” she did a little twirl.
 
“You look very beautiful…even more beautiful then when you tired it on at the store,” the tomboy smiled. Anjera wore a beautiful blue dress that matched Anji's eyes; spaghetti straps held it up while it flowed to the floor with such ease, it glistened when she moved her body. A slight blush came to her cheeks at the compliment, “Ready to go?” she grabbed her little purse from the couch and they left arm in arm.
 
-------------------------------------