Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tales of Ulvos ❯ Chapter One: Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi! My name Saunti. I'm a female, white mouse, but not like the type from Earth. I live on a planet very similar to it name, Ulvos. On this planet, there are no humans, for a specific reason. all inteligent inhabitance of Ulvos are all what humans call anthropromorphic. Yeah. That would include dragoness', Nekos, Naga. Though there are SOME animals like the ones on earth. (Examples: Poultry, pigs, some types of birds and fish, but not like Earth's animals.)

My ears are shaped more sharply. Almost like a rabbit's, but rounder. Instead of the fur stopping at my hands and feet, it completely covers my entire body, even my tail, which is wider than a usual mouse's tail. If it weren't for my miniscule size of 2'9" feet tall, some might be calling me a half fox, half mouse, just because of my tail and ears. I've got the Average, everyday girl body. My eyes are light green and my long hair is brown. I'll usually wear a pink tank top and jeans out of school. Frost's brother refers to me as being 'just another pretty face'. I don't know weather to take that as a compliment of an insult. I'm very smart, but because of my size, I'm fragile. I'm about to be 18 tomorrow. This means that my size is going to change drastically. When Mice on Ulvos reach the age of 18, they hit a large growth spurt. If I'm lucky, I'll finally be big enough to put Misty in her place. Sure, it'll take three days to be completely done and I'm probably still gonna be one of the shortest people in my class, but that's better then being a pip squeek. (Fun fact: Her race of mice get up to 4.11 feet tall, but if their lucky and were born at a more normal size, they may get a HELL of a lot bigger. Weather that's good or bad depends on their personality.)

Anyway, today started out mostly like it would for any mouse. It's rough for us Mice, but most aren't as lucky as me to have a best friend like Frost.

He's a white snow dragon. Sometimes I wonder if he's just my friend because of my white color, but it's not true. He's too kind, too trusting and too overprotective of me. He has a much shorter muzzle than most dragons. His silver horns are faced backwards and are both evenly crocked. He has brown, untaimed, short hair and orange eyes. He has strong fox like legs, very unusual, and feet with sharp toes, almost like they were claws. He'll stand on his toes rather than flat because of his condition. He can't stand flat. His tail is about 3 feet long. Like all dragons, he has sharp clawed hands and teeth and is VERY strong, maybe even too strong, even for a dragon. He can be very gentle and coming from me, that's saying something. He's a land type, so he doesn't have wings. He never wears long pants, only black or khaki shorts or short jeans as well as short sleeved shirts, mostly silver or white. His feet are completely covered in bandages. This is due to his feet getting 'scraped' on rocks. I don't believe that's the real cause of injury, because I've seen him run over rocks without subcoming to injury at the least. He is 7'8" feet tall and is 18 years. He also knows a great earth fighting style from a famous Earthling. They are called Martial Arts. He only gets to use it in street fights and tournements. He won't get into either without a reason. Only he and his brother know this style on our planet.

Our friend Ebony, a female brown bunny, was with him. She was kind of clumsy for a bunny and even worse when nervous. She has a pear shaped body, no surprise since she is a bunny. yet she's completely oblivious of that because of her modesty. The only spots that weren't brown, but cream color on her stubby, little feet, small, straight fured under tail, the long, downed fur around her neck and the edges of her down bent ears. She is also surprisingly well mannered and very nice. Maybe too nice. Most guys actually like her for her attitude more than her appearance, but there are some who just like the way she looks. She had been my friend longer than anyone else, because we grew up together. She is about 5.8 feet tall and 16 years old, the shortest and youngest bunny in the Senior grade, because she started school early.

She recently confessed to me her crush on feather dragon, Lyle. He's a friend of Frost's. Though Lyle has been abscent for a while, because he's having a strange sickness. It happens with every one of his kind, but never at the same times. By the time the sickness is gone, their feathers change colors and they sprout their wings, although the experience is very painful. Telling you what Lyle looks like NOW wouldn't help very much. Though I will say that he's a very quiet person, but also generous and outgoing. Ask for something from him and he'll do, so long as it's within reason. He's 6'4" feet tall and 17 years old.

We were at school sitting at a lunch table outside. I was sitting on Frost's shoulder.

We were discussing what happened in our last classes and DANG did Ebony ever have a vent. Nora more than just pissed her off by calling her fat. That was a mistake. Next to talk was Frost, but he didn't say very much. He looked a bit depressed lately. He stopped twice in the middle of his sentences, then when he looked to the left and he completely stopped, stammering as he did so. After a moment, he looked to his bandaged feet. I saw him looking at his brother.

He was the literal dark side of Frost. His brother looked like him for the most part, but his scales were black and his attitude was the exact opposite of Frost's. His hands were bandaged instead of his feet. His horns were golden, his eyes were red and he has white, spiked hair. His name was Blaze and he was a black fire dragon. They are exactly equal in both hieght and age.

Right now, he was giving Frost a dirty look of disgussed. All Frost did was sigh. Then his brother continued walking away.

Frost closed his eyes and bowed his head, on hand over his eyes. Ebony snapped her fingers in front of his face and he snapped back into reality. He returned to his normal position. He looked to me in his shoulder. Then he finished with a quiet tone, "So how was your day, Saunti?" in his normal, quiet and calm voice. I looked at him confused, but still answered.

"It was okay. Still, I'm happy that I'll be turning 18 tomorrow. I've had enough of that snobby Misty." I admited up-beatly. He couldn't help but smirk, containing laughter at how happy I was for it to nearly be my birthday. Ebony made a happy smile.

"Can't blam you for the Misty part." Then he sat there thinking for a moment.

Ebony tilted her head to the side cutely and said, "Still, It is going to take me some time to get used to your new size." Frost then looked to Ebony with curiosity.

"Hey, uh, How tall and old is Misty?" He asked her. Ebony thought for a moment.

"Umm...I think she's..4'10" feet tall and 18 years old." Taking an educated guess. That was correct, actually. Frost let out a "Phew!" leaning back in his chair.

"I don't think I could take her bragging about how much bigger she is than ME. That wouldn't seem right, me being a dragon and her being a mouse..." He paused for a moment, imagining it, then shivered in disgust.

I giggled with a smile. Did I forget to mention, he's afraid of giant rats and mice? Unluckily for him, Serah was just that, a giant, pink mouse as tall as him. It gave him chills to look at her in her big eyes, but she was much like ebony where her attitude was conserned, but she had more of an hourglass shape. Her ears were naturally curled up and bent down and backwards. Like me, she was completely covered in her pink fur. She had light brown hair and blue eyes. She is 7'11" feet tall and 18 years old. She would try to wear the least amount of clothing she could in public to keep herself from getting hot. She was embarrased of sweating, because of what happened last time. She's a loving person and very playful. How she expresses it is very awkward, unless your related to her. Even more, once I saw her kiss Frost. His face was as red as an apple. It's not like she has a crush on him or anything, that's just one of the ways she shows affection.

I heard that she was studying in study hall toda-

"HIIII!" Came Serah's mid-pitched, femanen voice, yelling. Frost nearly jumped from his seat. He would've if she didn't hug him right before he could.

"Oh lord! Don't do that!" Frost scoulded her. She only smiled and giggled. She was used to his reactions to her. Right about now, I was thinking she was being too loving. Perhaps I was wrong about the part where she wasn't crushing on him, because she never blushed before and this was about 30 second into the hug. "Serah." He said. She opened her eyes, her blush got much heavier as she saw his now seriouse face. "Please...let go." He said trying to stay as calm as possible. Serah's was embarrased. She let go and sat down in the chair beside him. Frost sat there for a moment regaining his composure. After that, Serah seemed worried. Frost saw this, but only looked down at his feet again. I finally realised that he was feeling shame, not depression. "Saunti...could you...have Ebony take you home today?" He asked me.

I was confused, but responded, "Sure, but why?" He took a long pause.

"I need to be alone for a while." He said getting up and leaving. In moments he was out of sight. Then came Serah's question.

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked. I shook my head, still looking in his direction.

"No, it has nothing to do with you. I think it has something to do with his brother." I confessed. All of us knew that his brother was always one to hold a grudge. I didn't care for Dagart very much. He was a huge jerk.

I hope that Frost will be okay...